OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 3: Half-full (6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Bengals are quietly 4-1. No one is talking about them, what with the Rams and the Chiefs steamrolling everyone.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
OMG - the Browns just won on the worst field goal that actually was made in the history of the NFL. That thing looked a flying pig that was shot almost immediately after it was kicked

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bengals are quietly 4-1. No one is talking about them, what with the Rams and the Chiefs steamrolling everyone.

The Bengals are often paper tigers. I want to say they start out hot quite a bit, like the Chiefs, then fizzle when it matters. You can practically set your watch by those things as well as slow starts by the Packers.

Note also the Fins simply blew that game. They were up 17-0 and in control, then went on an unbelievable streak of stupidity with 2 pick 6s given up by RT with idiotic deflections at the LOS.

As usual the Steelers will rally late and come out of that division but the Bungles could fight for a WC spot. Unless the Ravens figure out how to get 6'6" Joe Flacco to stop throwing the ball into linemen.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Also I don't think I've seen so many of those wacky turnover/TDs at the line of scrimmage in one week. Happened twice in Cincy, once in KC, and just happened in Philly (for Minny), Ryan fumbled and PIT got a TD . May have been more I don't remember. CAR got one on special teams when OBJ fumbled.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles all lost yesterday. The Redskins have a chance to be 2 up in the Loss column after 5 weeks which would be nice. They should have plenty of motivation for tonight.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles all lost yesterday. The Redskins have a chance to be 2 up in the Loss column after 5 weeks which would be nice. They should have plenty of motivation for tonight.

I think it will have the opposite effect. We are in the drivers seat, which is code for, take the foot off the gas.

Winning tonight, is so not us. Big Stage. Prime Time. To pad our lead in the Least. Coming out of the bye week.... flat as a Wilson pancake victim. The only thing we have going for us, is we are not at home where our stadium is overrun by out of towners.

That all said, I am going all in Skins as per the usual. I am thinking under, only, I always think over. We have a decent ranked pass D, and think N.O. does as well.

Edit yeah what Rids said

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I'm with Team Gloom and Doom. It would be so on-brand for Snyder's Redskins to lay a gigantic egg tonight. It's what they always do in these situations where they seem set up for success, but then utterly fail at the thing they need to actually do.

Also that Indy loss looks worse and worse with each passing week, and the wins over Arizona and Green Bay get less impressive as time goes by as well.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I just read its forecast to be Drew Brees night. Anytime there is a home team big award or pregame ceremony, yeah that's not good for the away team.

Brees needs 200 yards to break the NFL record of passing yards. They already plan to stop the game. We may even have a video. I predict he ends up with 417 yards.

You have to admit, in their futility, the Browns are entertaining. That flying pig FG was a beauty

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Which means......drum roll please.....hard and fast loss.

Damnit!

Big game, MNF, national audience, chance to cement a lead in the division, chance to beat a quality team, chance to build some much needed confidence.

100% guaranteed this:

2dzOInI.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think it will have the opposite effect. We are in the drivers seat, which is code for, take the foot off the gas.

Winning tonight, is so not us. Big Stage. Prime Time. To pad our lead in the Least. Coming out of the bye week.... flat as a Wilson pancake victim. The only thing we have going for us, is we are not at home where our stadium is overrun by out of towners.

That all said, I am going all in Skins as per the usual. I am thinking under, only, I always think over. We have a decent ranked pass D, and think N.O. does as well.

Edit yeah what Rids said

Run Run Run to the Under? Or, as they say in small circles of NFL chalkers...."RUNder"

53? Super high for an NFL game

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Huge payoff if the Redskins can win on Monday Night Football — Hogs Haven

If the Redskins beat the Saints on Monday night, these good things will all happen:

The Redskins resulting 3-1 record would increase the lead in the division to 1.5 games.

The ‘Skins would vault into a tie for 2nd place in the conference with the Bears and Panthers.

The Redskins would earn a potentially critical tiebreaker against the Saints, which could matter in playoff seedings or wildcard calculations at the end of the season.

The Redskins would put up an important win against a quality opponent on prime time television, something the Redskins haven’t done often enough in the past

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Run Run Run to the Under? Or, as they say in small circles of NFL chalkers...."RUNder"

53? Super high for an NFL game

Runder...Ruh Roh. It's against my religion. I just can't click it.

We are not talking a Browns Ravens game here, a 6-3 flying pig fest. It's a track meet in the dome. Brees Thomas Kamara Ingram...

Our best hope - tight man on Thomas, and stack up vs the run. Attack Brees. Get a helmet on his chin early. And then I will be more inclined to go runder.

First Episode was 1962. The show was way ahead of its time.
c8131edb53988f02a78343cb985a81f4--classic-cartoons-cartoon-characters.jpg

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Huge payoff if the Redskins can win on Monday Night Football — Hogs Haven

If the Redskins beat the Saints on Monday night, these good things will all happen:

The Redskins resulting 3-1 record would increase the lead in the division to 1.5 games.

The ‘Skins would vault into a tie for 2nd place in the conference with the Bears and Panthers.

The Redskins would earn a potentially critical tiebreaker against the Saints, which could matter in playoff seedings or wildcard calculations at the end of the season.

The Redskins would put up an important win against a quality opponent on prime time television, something the Redskins haven’t done often enough in the past

Nice! All signs point to....

New Orleans 41
Washington 30

(and something silly like 31-10 at halftime)

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I have AP and the Skins D going tonight. Only D scoring counts thankfully not points against.

I’m hoping AP is holding a Saints grudge and we see a vintage 100 yard 3TD game!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Won $150 on DK in a $.25 game last week. Fantasy team was 4-0. This week, not such a rosy outcome, unless AP and Smith dominate. So I need this Skins win to salvage a crap weekend.

I think I picked the Saints to win this one before and my head still says so, but JFC I still have hope for some kind of Miracle on MNF where the Skins just go nuts and nobody knows how to handle it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Mo Harris is $200 on Draftkings. A starting WR in a high O/U game. He once made a Beckham like one handed catch. And is tall... that is all I need to know. How can I lose?

We are 7-2 at New Orleans. We have that going for us, which is nice.

Otherwise we are destined to never be 2 games up in our division. Good things like that don't happen to us. We are 8-8 or 7-9 all year.

Skins + Over = New Orleans + Under.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
We’re due for a win on MNF.

Then again the Caps were due for a win in R2 for like 7 years before it actually happened...

Based on health and the Saints D, I actually don’t hate our chances of pulling this off. I’ll be paying attention which is certainly unusual this late in the year haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad