OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 3: Half-full (6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Fun MNF game. Mahomes is a star in the making....

It was enjoyable to watch but I only watched it off and on because I can only take Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum and a guy named Booger in small doses. Listening to them makes me wish Dennis Miller would come back to MNF.

And Mahomes looks damn good but after witnessing the one hit wonder that was Griffin's 2012 season I'll wait to see Mahomes perform at this level for the rest of this season and 2019 before I label him a star.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It was enjoyable to watch but I only watched it off and on because I can only take Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum and a guy named Booger in small doses. Listening to them makes me wish Dennis Miller would come back to MNF.

And Mahomes looks damn good but after witnessing the one hit wonder that was Griffin's 2012 season I'll wait to see Mahomes perform at this level for the rest of this season and 2019 before I label him a star.

Agreed with not liking the current MNF crew but woof Dennis Miller was by far the worst, even worse than Kornheiser.

Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski were both pretty good, and Tirico (despite being a creep) was good too. And not MNF but I think Romo is pretty good even if his style is much different than others.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We are going to get f***ing shelled. Our only hope is that Alex Smith has no knowledge of the prime time demons that haunt our team, and he leads us to victory.

Why the f*** did I ever believe ALL the fantasy football experts that had David Johnson ranked ahead of Kamara. Arizona's offense is a joke. And Johnson hadn't even played in a year.

Reactions: robertmac43

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Redskins need to run for ~175-200 yards, eat minutes off the clock, finish drives with TDs and not FGs, and win the TO battle in order to have a chance on Monday night.

Sep 19, 2008
Saints were shut down by the Browns for most of the game so if the Redskins D can play like that it should be good. Besides, the Redskins D last year did play like that...for 3 quarters. 4 quarters this time.

If they can shut down Rodgers and company Brees and company shouldn't be an issue. Here's hoping the Colts game was just an anomaly.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
We are going to get ****ing shelled. Our only hope is that Alex Smith has no knowledge of the prime time demons that haunt our team, and he leads us to victory.

Why the **** did I ever believe ALL the fantasy football experts that had David Johnson ranked ahead of Kamara. Arizona's offense is a joke. And Johnson hadn't even played in a year.

its 4 games. HOLD YOUR PANTS UP...dont leave them around your ankles now.

Kamara didnt have to share....here come Ingram. Just wait

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You know why I think we will lose?

We have a chance to solidify first place, or lose and be tied with the other losers in our division.

Ding, Ding, Ding.

This. It would be so anti-Redskins to win and really take a spot on the NFC, much less the NFC East. So, they will lose. Just like the Colts game. I allowed myself to believe before then, got my hat handed to me, and here we are again.

Just Say NO!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So I have never actually been to Fed Ex and after reading all the bad reviews on this board I have decided to not go this year. Change of plans I'm heading to Jacksonville for them against the Skins/

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
20 mil a year after the 2015 season wasn't paying a good player as great.

Except at that point he had one good year and, the prior year, he had a year where he was benched for poor play. They were right to want to see another year from him to find out what they had, he took that as an insult.

To be fair, he also took it as an insult when he was drafted here so it was all moot anyway.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Except at that point he had one good year and, the prior year, he had a year where he was benched for poor play. They were right to want to see another year from him to find out what they had, he took that as an insult.

To be fair, he also took it as an insult when he was drafted here so it was all moot anyway.

Osweiler got 18 mil a year from HOU. Cousins had a considerably better year than Osweiler. Based on what Osweiler got 20 mil a year was a bargain. The Skins ****ed up, as usual.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
its 4 games. HOLD YOUR PANTS UP...dont leave them around your ankles now.

Kamara didnt have to share....here come Ingram. Just wait

You don't take the ball away from the highest producing all purpose back in the leauge. Kamara will still get a ton of touches and nothing says he won't use them wisely.

Looking forward to the Skins game...this week was relaxing. A nice bye, atop the division, and all my locals Steelers fans fading into the bushes like Homer Simpson. :)

Reactions: HFBCommenter

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We are going to get ****ing shelled. Our only hope is that Alex Smith has no knowledge of the prime time demons that haunt our team, and he leads us to victory.

Why the **** did I ever believe ALL the fantasy football experts that had David Johnson ranked ahead of Kamara. Arizona's offense is a joke. And Johnson hadn't even played in a year.

Right there with ya, bud. I'm 0-4 in my league and my RB1 and RB2 are the reasons why: David Johnson and Royce Freeman. I thought DJ would be a beast and essentially the only reliable weapon in Arizona but their offense has just been atrocious.

Minnesota's defense also has been terrible. My entire team has essentially been rebuilt through the waiver wire... womp womp.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Right there with ya, bud. I'm 0-4 in my league and my RB1 and RB2 are the reasons why: David Johnson and Royce Freeman. I thought DJ would be a beast and essentially the only reliable weapon in Arizona but their offense has just been atrocious.

Minnesota's defense also has been terrible. My entire team has essentially been rebuilt through the waiver wire... womp womp.

LOL. I am scrambling. I have no QB - code for Alex Smith. My backs suck ass. I have Lamar Miller, but did snatch Lindsay who I have been hesitant to start because he doesn't get many touches, and its supposed to be the Freeman show.

I got lucky that Thielan and Thomas are dominating which has carried me to 2-2.

I was drafting 3rd, and thinking I would get stuck with deciding to take Bell a hold out candidate. Then Bell was taken 2nd, and then I realized... shit - Kamara is going to go f***ing crazy with or without someone taking snaps from him. Elliot was going to be the only offense in D... 2 minutes to decide my future. Sure enough I trusted "the experts" and went Johnson and the lowly Bradford led Arizona offense to spearhead my only season long. I almost picked up Chubb today but took my 2 handcuffs instead.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How very jaded of you....

I am just preparing that huge Monday Night Meltdown. The meltdown won't be as monumental as it could be, since we are on the road. We save our worst performances for prime time AT home, as you well know.

I did see our pass D was well ranked however. Still, no team has an answer for Kamara.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
You don't take the ball away from the highest producing all purpose back in the leauge. Kamara will still get a ton of touches and nothing says he won't use them wisely.

The Skins made a conscious effort to neutralize the passing game of GB first and defend the run second. I'd expect the same against NO to a point. Pass defense is the Skins strong suit but Kamara is a dynamic back. Pass defense priority, with the D-Line getting their hands up in Bree's line of sight, with Brown shadowing Kamara is what I'd expect.

Ultimately though the best defense against Brees and Kamara is to keep them off the field. So Smith and friends will have to control TOP. Which means a healthy dose of AP.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Skins made a conscious effort to neutralize the passing game of GB first and defend the run second. I'd expect the same against NO to a point. Pass defense is the Skins strong suit but Kamara is a dynamic back. Pass defense priority, with the D-Line getting their hands up in Bree's line of sight, with Brown shadowing Kamara is what I'd expect.

Ultimately though the best defense against Brees and Kamara is to keep them off the field. So Smith and friends will have to control TOP. Which means a healthy dose of AP.

I agree for the most part, though I think defensively they're going to have to mix up blitzing, fakes, and disguises to get to Brees and throw them off balance. If DB has time to mark the safeties he will take deep shots when they come up to stop Kamara, but if the LBs are blitzing in any kind of predictable way then Kamara gets the check down for big gains.

It seems obvious but taking away DB's time is the key to handling the rest of the weapons. If we sit back in a soft zone or rush 3 he'll pick us apart underneath and eventually let Kamara finish the job in the red zone.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
LOL. I am scrambling. I have no QB - code for Alex Smith. My backs suck ass. I have Lamar Miller, but did snatch Lindsay who I have been hesitant to start because he doesn't get many touches, and its supposed to be the Freeman show.

I got lucky that Thielan and Thomas are dominating which has carried me to 2-2.

I was drafting 3rd, and thinking I would get stuck with deciding to take Bell a hold out candidate. Then Bell was taken 2nd, and then I realized... **** - Kamara is going to go ****ing crazy with or without someone taking snaps from him. Elliot was going to be the only offense in D... 2 minutes to decide my future. Sure enough I trusted "the experts" and went Johnson and the lowly Bradford led Arizona offense to spearhead my only season long. I almost picked up Chubb today but took my 2 handcuffs instead.

Yeah, I had 2OA. I wanted Gurley but he went 1st.

My team has just been a comedy of errors. I had Russell Wilson as my QB and Seattle's offense has been total ass. Royce + DJ as my RBs, Tyreek Hill + Keenan Allen as my WRs, Engram from the Giants as my TE, and Peterson as my Flex. Felt so good about the team then it all went to shit. Now I have Dalton throwing to Corey Davis or Tyler Boyd in the slot - I'm so ashamed.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Osweiler got 18 mil a year from HOU. Cousins had a considerably better year than Osweiler. Based on what Osweiler got 20 mil a year was a bargain. The Skins ****ed up, as usual.

So your point to signing Cousins was to point out one of the biggest bust signings in the NFL? Like...Osweiler is a good example of why you don't give big money to players unless you feel confident they're gonna be that good. Cousins hadn't proved he was that guy yet and, I'd say, hasn't really replicated that year since. He's put up more yards but I think 2015 was the best Kirk's been in decisiveness and play and since then he's been more of a stat guy.

As evident by the Vikings, Kirk doesn't make a team better. He just gives you good stats right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad