OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Derrius Guice spent 45 minutes after practice signing autographs for fans.

The first time I met Guice, a few days after he was drafted, he signed for tons of fans before security told him to move on. The guy just has such a good heart. He's on CBS locally right now talking about how much the fans mean to him. That's why he spends so much time signing autographs. Really hope the hype on him plays out.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Watching Reed and Doctson just practice makes me nervous. They should have lockers next to the trainers room. That's about as far as they can probably walk some days.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The Skins had a great offseason. They’re bigger, better and deeper than they have been in years. It’s a nice mix of young guys and veterans. They’ve had continuity at head coach, and they have a far better leader at quarterback. I won’t be surprised at all if they surprise the league.

Above all I think they just need health and good coaching. If they get the perfect storm there I think they win 10 games. Because that isn’t very likely I’m gonna pencil them in for 9 wins.

Hopefully some veterans, particularly Norman and Reed, have good years. Those are two difference makers that we need playing at a high level.

I’m pretty bullish on the Skins being a very competitive team over the next 3-4 seasons. I genuinely think they’re poised to rise above the mediocrity of the last 3 years - which in and of itself was an accomplishment for this moribund franchise.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Yes its not full pads and yes he is going against a scrub CB but just watching him move prior to the catch and the catch itself is encouraging.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I read that Byron Marshall has been getting a lot of reps. With our somewhat meh WR, I think our backs are going to surprise some folks. Capt Checkdown isn't always a bad thing when your backs are your best players. Follow the Saints blue print. It's happening gif

Game Day:
Guice
Thompson
Marshall

Kelley or Perine will be Guice's next game backup.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

After one catch on a crossing route by Josh Doctson, QB Alex Smith walked over to him and told him, "Great catch. Great catch." Then they chatted for a couple minutes. Later, Doctson said of Smith: "After every pass... he'll come to me or he'll come to the other receivers and he'll talk about what he saw and what he liked about that. That's a little different for me and I like it. Just make sure we're on the same page and we're flipping the page at the same time."

seems like players are liking smith already

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

seems like players are liking smith already

As a few have stated.....Kirk ended up being a “me first” player. All that drama around him and his need to be “recognized”. F him. Like the 24m isn’t recognition enough.

I feel like we went from a teenager as our QB to a man. I’m loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad