OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
As a few have stated.....Kirk ended up being a “me first” player. All that drama around him and his need to be “recognized”. F him. Like the 24m isn’t recognition enough.

I feel like we went from a teenager as our QB to a man. I’m loving it.

It's been a really bizarre situation when you look at from start to finish this offseason. Kirk can't seemingly get over the Redskins and had that moronic piece in Bleacher Report about only ever being seen as a 4th round pick and not being respected and not having a platform to lead and blah blah blah. He's taken his social media game to a whole new level of self-indulgence and pretentiousness. Before that, not one player in the Redskins organization tweeted out anything in support of Kirk when it was announced he signed in Minnesota. Not a single one, and you contrast that with the outcry of support Alex Smith got from his teammates and it was an interesting thing to discuss but maybe not indicative of anything. Now, you have the defense actively talking shit about Kirk on the practice field on what seems like a daily basis and offensive teammates raving about Smith, which I know is natural, but also taking slight jabs at Kirk too. Who knows how it plays out on the field but it certainly seems to be a situation of, "don't let the door hit ya on the way out" when it comes to Cousins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Looking forward to hearing it will be another 2-3 weeks 2/3 weeks from now.

Yeah not great news regardless of severity. Missing 2-3 weeks of camp is a big deal for a rookie. Even rookies out of Alabama. And ankle injuries have a tendency to linger.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah not great news regardless of severity. Missing 2-3 weeks of camp is a big deal for a rookie. Even rookies out of Alabama. And ankle injuries have a tendency to linger.

Yup. I dealt with an ankle injury for over a year. For a year I kept getting Cortisone shots to try and play through it until it eventually blew out completely and I needed reconstructive surgery. The bad news was the surgery and recovery took a good 8 months until it was back to normal; the good news is I haven't had a single issue with it sense, other than some mild inflexibility, and I had the surgery over 10 years ago now.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yup. I dealt with an ankle injury for over a year. For a year I kept getting Cortisone shots to try and play through it until it eventually blew out completely and I needed reconstructive surgery. The bad news was the surgery and recovery took a good 8 months until it was back to normal; the good news is I haven't had a single issue with it sense, other than some mild inflexibility, and I had the surgery over 10 years ago now.

That reassures me a lot. Blew out my knee last year, got the diagnosis in May that it is a torn ACL and I have to get reconstructive surgery in December. I'm still very young so hopefully I make a fast and complete recovery.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

On that note I wasn’t loving how Gruden handled it in the press conference either, basically saying, “it doesn’t matter, he’s in good shape.” The dude’s gonna miss almost all of training camp. He’s gonna be behind where he needs to be, plain and simple. I can understand wanting to stay positive with a young player, but I would have certainly emphasized the importance of practice for a rookie and the amount of work holding an NFL starting spot entails.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What are people wanting/expecting from Doctson this year? I feel like his poised to break out, but I just don't know.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
As a few have stated.....Kirk ended up being a “me first” player. All that drama around him and his need to be “recognized”. F him. Like the 24m isn’t recognition enough.

I feel like we went from a teenager as our QB to a man. I’m loving it.

Good post. Turns out he was a me me guy with a chip on his shoulder from being stuck behind RG3 for a few years.

I feel like we just went from a robot to a man. Kirk was just so rigid in his approach to the game. If a guy wasn't clearly open, he wouldn't throw it, no matter the score or situation. It took him his entire career, less the last 2 months of last season, to step outside his protective bubble and throw jump balls. He has thrown hail mary's well out of the back of the endzone. I have never seen another QB do that. The real telling thing, he wouldn't even risk a throw into a tight window.... in practice.

He is a quack, and apparently very process oriented. The problem with that is the D gets paid too and its often chaos out there.

I wonder if the reports were true that he thought our cheerleaders wore too revealing clothing. Presumed made him uncomfortable on game days?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What are people wanting/expecting from Doctson this year? I feel like his poised to break out, but I just don't know.

After reading this I am expecting a lot. I hope I am not disappointed. Then again it’s the Skins. Things will probably not work out.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There should be. Even a subdermal QB issue gnaws at the team when you know the guy wants out.

Alex Smith is a phenomenal leader and it’s showing already.

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
It's seems our draft picks always get hurt

I suspect it could be the training staff. Brian Orakpo was always missing games because of injuries. Since he gone to The Titans he's been more durable. I don't think he missed a single game in his first three years there?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
i'm strangely confident in a playoff birth even though I know I should not let myself think that.

Man... I just don't know. The NFC is stacked. The NFCE itself should have four teams who are competitive for playoff spots as I imagine the Giants will bounce back and the Cowboys should be competitive with that offense. I'd say if you ranked the top 10 teams in the NFL heading into camp, most come from the NFC. Not in order: Philadelphia, New England, L.A., Green Bay, Atlanta, Minnesota, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Carolina... 7 out of the top 10 teams listed there are NFC teams, and one wouldn't even make the playoffs.

I know injuries change things and teams flop but at first glance it's going to be a bitch to make the playoffs coming out of the NFC this year. How many truly bad teams are in the NFC? Tampa? Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad