Nov 22, 2007
Just read the news. Unreal.

Skins and RBs:
tenor.gif

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

It’s the right decision. Wait till after the 3rd or 4th preseason game for RB help if needed.

They were probably going to have to cut somebody Gruden liked anyways cause we had an extra RB on the roster. Unfortunately looks like we're stuck with another RB by committee season with a bunch of subpar backs being platooned.

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Nice to see the training staff is still in top form

I'm convinced they are totally inept. Hail Brian Orakpo was oft injured here. I think he only had a single full year with out missing a game. As soon as he leaves for The Titans he has never missed a single game in three straight years.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder if Guice was basically injured before the carry. I heard he never had his knee fixed from the last injury he had in college. Yes I am an internet doctor and that didn't look like an A/MCL out for the year type of play.

Regardless, players may mask an injury until they are under contract. I remember thinking the same with Josh Doctson his rookie year. The nature of football dictates players need to get paid.

Next man up. I heard CT won't be 100% until November, and thus think Byron Marshall is a lock early on. Perine for all his fumbles only had 2 last year. Bibbs always impresses me but think he will be the odd man out / PS / claimed by Indy.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I tore my ACL by stepping in an exposed pipe hole when I yanked my leg out to not fall flat on my face and breaking a expensive IR camera. Didn’t bend my leg at the knee at a weird angle. Just a slight twist but that’s all it took.

Hard to tell sometimes how it happens. Take Ioanidis for example in that game. He got cut down while persuing on a run play. Leg bent at a weird angle. Had to be helped off the field. Looked like he forsure damaged something but he’s fine by all reports.

Now Robert Davis is feared to have a torn ACL. Not a good start to a new season injury wise after all the injuries last year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I just saw this:

Samaje Perine’s fumbling issue is a bit overblown, IMO. Last year, Perine averaged 99.5 touches per fumble. That’s better than Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, and Devonta Freeman among others. There’s room for improvement, but it’s not as bad as some make it seem

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Chris Thompson better be ready soon. Our issues with lack of depth are getting tested again. Of course I hadn’t bought into any of the hype that this team had any chance to make noise, so who cares.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just saw this:

Samaje Perine’s fumbling issue is a bit overblown, IMO. Last year, Perine averaged 99.5 touches per fumble. That’s better than Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, and Devonta Freeman among others. There’s room for improvement, but it’s not as bad as some make it seem

He always seemed to lose it at the worst times. He also lost a lot of balls after plays, which doesn't count but still sticks in the mind.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He always seemed to lose it at the worst times. He also lost a lot of balls after plays, which doesn't count but still sticks in the mind.

Yeah i know what everybody has been seeing. But you know what I realized, all the stars etc are getting those same breaks. Reviews wrong, fumbled pinned on the QB on a toss, etc. He didn't have a problem in college, but then again, how do you fumble running through wide open holes. And, learn how to break tackles behind the LOS like he sees in the bigs. He is big and raw.

I am optimistic on him because he can catch the ball. IMHO that is what now separates backs in the NFL. Almost anyone off the street can run the ball enough to be meh.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah i know what everybody has been seeing. But you know what I realized, all the stars etc are getting those same breaks. Reviews wrong, fumbled pinned on the QB on a toss, etc. He didn't have a problem in college, but then again, how do you fumble running through wide open holes. And, learn how to break tackles behind the LOS like he sees in the bigs. He is big and raw.

I am optimistic on him because he can catch the ball. IMHO that is what now separates backs in the NFL. Almost anyone off the street can run the ball enough to be meh.

I'm also more optimistic on Perine. He can learn how to fix his ball control issues. I do think his turnover stats should have been worse, more in line with perception, but they weren't. Here's hoping we aren't wrong.

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looks like Trent Williams threw the punch that turned that from a hugging contest into a bit of a fight

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's hilarious today on XM Fantasy they were talking Perine how he has NO hands at all. They stressed it a few times. Of course, because of the loss of Guice, he is pushed back into the fantasy discussions. FWIW, Kelly has less hands than Samaje.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It's hilarious today on XM Fantasy they were talking Perine how he has NO hands at all. They stressed it a few times. Of course, because of the loss of Guice, he is pushed back into the fantasy discussions. FWIW, Kelly has less hands than Samaje.

The day Slim Rob is no longer a Redskins will be a happy day for me. Not because I think Slim Rob is a bad dude but because I don't think he is an NFL level RB. And as long as he occupies a roster spot the RB position will continue to be a position of weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad