Post-Game Talk: Washington NoChandlers @ San Jose Maacosharks, 10:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I was watching the SJ crew. Did you guys get the cross talk between Thornton and Wilson after Kane was tossed?

On a review of the games on youtube, I heard it was this:

Wilson called Thornton an old man, mentioned the press box, and his Stanley Cup ring :laugh:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Boxscore says zero PIM for the Caps last night, color me impressed.
Watching the game, I was expecting the Caps to take a penalty at the end of the period or when the Sharks had some sustained play around the Caps net, but it never happened. There's a saying that in any NFL game, you could probably call a penalty on every play. In the NHL, you could call at least 1 penalty on both teams in a game. I honestly didn't see the Caps commit a would be penalty...maybe something borderline. It was probably the most discipline game I have seen from the Caps in a long time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'll keep an eye out. The local beer spot (Dominion) has had a few Aslin beers.

The Biggie S'mores and this are my favorite. Hazelnut Harris (Nano Challa Ethiopian Coffee) | Horus Aged Ales

BEEEEEEERRRRR...lol forgot this.

images
LOVE Dominion. if you're close to there, you're probably ~25 minutes from Aslin's brewery in Alexandria . It's definitely worth a visit.

I had pours of both Coconut Crown and Hazelnut Crown from Horus at Aslin's anniversary party in Septemeber. Both were amazing.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Is there any word on Gudas? We were just getting fully healthy and looking strong. Gudas being out for awhile would suck when our defense has actually been clicking well recently.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just saw Reirden's post game presser. Sounds like there is a real chance Gudas is not available tomorrow. He danced around what they do if they lose a d in that game.

Can they get a defenseman across the country in time to play?

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
LOVE Dominion. if you're close to there, you're probably ~25 minutes from Aslin's brewery in Alexandria . It's definitely worth a visit.

I had pours of both Coconut Crown and Hazelnut Crown from Horus at Aslin's anniversary party in Septemeber. Both were amazing.

Didn't realize they were in Alexandria.

Yep, Dominion & Spacebar are in Staggering Distance :naughty:. There are a couple of breweries in Falls Church too.

Reactions: NobodyBeatsTheWiz

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Just saw Reirden's post game presser. Sounds like there is a real chance Gudas is not available tomorrow. He danced around what they do if they lose a d in that game.

Can they get a defenseman across the country in time to play?

Absolutely. 6 hour flight across 3 time zones. If he leaves now, he'll get there after 11am.

Reactions: Calicaps

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Watching Vrana come into his own got me thinking about the 2014 NHL draft and what a nice pick it was for GMBM. There are several guys taken above him that have not panned out, and below him maybe one or two guys one could argue the Caps could have taken instead (Larkin for example).

1. Leon Draisaitl
2. William Nylander
3. Dylan Larkin
4. Fiala/Tuch/Vrana...

Curious as to people's thoughts on this.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
While it’s completely true that there is no need to have a tony twist on your roster anymore, it’s also completely true you need a Tom Wilson.

There was a main board trade thread discussing Tom Wilson for William Nylander straight up. I thought some of the Leafs fans saying no were crazy; Tom Wilson is exactly what that team needs. I think Pittsburgh is probably the "softest" Cup champion this decade and they still had guys like Kunitz, Hornqvist, etc who could muck it up and make life uncomfortable for the opposition while still being good hockey players. In my opinion Toronto, as currently constructed, will never win the Cup; they don't have the horses to last four rounds.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Watching Vrana come into his own got me thinking about the 2014 NHL draft and what a nice pick it was for GMBM. There are several guys taken above him that have not panned out, and below him maybe one or two guys one could argue the Caps could have taken instead (Larkin for example).

1. Leon Draisaitl
2. William Nylander
3. Dylan Larkin
4. Fiala/Tuch/Vrana...

Depends on how you look at it. If you're talking about building a team from scratch you'd probably value centers above all else (or RD but no one in that class is a franchise RD worth taking over some of the centers). If you're talking about the best fit for the Caps right now knowing how the players have turned out, the only players I'd take over Jake would be Draisatl, Pastranak, Point, or possibly Ehlers (and yes I know Draisatl and Ehlers were already picked, I'm just talking about talent and fit). Pasta and Point are the only players from that class taken after Vrana that I think I'd trade hm for, and that includes Larkin.

Jun 15, 2007

1. Leon Draisaitl
2. William Nylander
3. Dylan Larkin
4. Fiala/Tuch/Vrana...

Draisaitl and Larkin are the only clear cut better players. Before this season, Nylander, Ekblad, Ehlers, etc were all clearly better.

It all depends if this just hot streak or if this is what Vrana is now. I'm biased but I think this is just Vrana's new normal. Not a hot streak. He generates 1 or 2 semi breakaways a game and misses plenty of them.

Susannah

Dec 3, 2019
I spoke to Maple Leafs' fans. Everyone of them wanted Tom Wilson. The Capitals are lucky to have a player like Tom Wilson. He is a rare player who is a top 6 forward who scares other teams when he is on the ice. I remember Chris Simon having a season in which he scored 29 goals. He never came close to that before or after, but he also scared so many teams when he was on the ice.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
You and Cali must have really enjoyed that game!! I think a lot of us were expecting the Caps to play badly and take the loss, but the team looked great tonight!

We did enjoy the game tremendously. We went with a 3rd friend of mine who is a Sharks fan, he did not enjoy the game at all.

I told Cali that the Caps had lost like 19 in a row in SJ before they won big last year, so now the law of averages dictates the Caps will win a bunch in SJ over the next decade. You can all take this to the bank, SAP will become COA west

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Depends on how you look at it. If you're talking about building a team from scratch you'd probably value centers above all else (or RD but no one in that class is a franchise RD worth taking over some of the centers). If you're talking about the best fit for the Caps right now knowing how the players have turned out, the only players I'd take over Jake would be Draisatl, Pastranak, Point, or possibly Ehlers (and yes I know Draisatl and Ehlers were already picked, I'm just talking about talent and fit). Pasta and Point are the only players from that class taken after Vrana that I think I'd trade hm for, and that includes Larkin.
Totally forgot Pastranak, lol. Point being a 3rd rounder, everyone screwed that one up.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad