OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Or.....

Joe-Gibbs.png

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
No. Its not about voicing an opinion. It was a sexist and verbally abusive move. While its legal, its also probably a violation of his contract. the player in question was suspended for 75 games for his actions

So per the Houston Astros. Sexually abusing something costs you 75 games and you can come back. Making a snarky comment about, you lose your job and your done? I'm not saying either is right, but I feel we have our priorities messed up.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Something I was thinking about when listening to Czabes pod cast this morning. It was awesome how the caps engaged with the city. Now the nats are doing the same. You also see a lot of caps support the nats, nats support the caps. ....... where are the redskins.......

Its almost like they can't be seen supporting anything that is successful because it shines a light on their issues. I honestly think this is more fuel for the city to move on from that team.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So per the Houston Astros. Sexually abusing something costs you 75 games and you can come back. Making a snarky comment about, you lose your job and your done? I'm not saying either is right, but I feel we have our priorities messed up.

I would contest your description of the comments as snarky. Based on reports they were threatening. Not snarky. Were they simply snarky, he would not have been fired. They were targeted and repeated around a dozen times.

Additionally, the team and the league is bound by a CBA and its terms. An assistant GM is not governed by such guidelines. Having this player on the team might be seen as a necessary evil. Doubling down on it and making a scene over it and killing the image of the team at a crucial time is the kind of thing that normal employees get shitcanned for. And....so he was.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The player should have been banned. That kind of conduct should be disqualifying in any sport, IMO.

But this douchebag deserved to get fired too; his behavior was grotesque and abusive. And while maybe in and of itself that deserved only a rebuke and some kind of internal sanction, it created public controversy and embarrassment, tainted their pennant victory, and has cast a shadow over their WS appearance. That's a professional f*** up worthy of dismissal IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Something I was thinking about when listening to Czabes pod cast this morning. It was awesome how the caps engaged with the city. Now the nats are doing the same. You also see a lot of caps support the nats, nats support the caps. ....... where are the redskins.......

Its almost like they can't be seen supporting anything that is successful because it shines a light on their issues. I honestly think this is more fuel for the city to move on from that team.

it’s always like that when a team makes a major sports final. We just haven’t seen it here in forever until the Caps and now the Nats have reminded us.

things like that ignite the metropolitan areas of the teams involved.

That said, the “city” will never move on from the Redskins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
That said, the “city” will never move on from the Redskins.

I don’t think that is necessarily true. Given how old Snyder is, how long it has been since the franchise’s glory years, and the transient nature of the DC area, I can easily see this team becoming an afterthought as those who lived and died with the team die off or move away over the next 20 years or so.

Frankly, given how Snyder has run the team I see the chances of that happening as being way better than the city falling back in love with them at some point. Especially if the Caps and Nats continue to be even reasonably well run and if the Bullets turn things around that becomes even more the case.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think that is necessarily true. Given how old Snyder is, how long it has been since the franchise’s glory years, and the transient nature of the DC area, I can easily see this team becoming an afterthought as those who lived and died with the team die off or move away over the next 20 years or so.

Frankly, given how Snyder has run the team I see the chances of that happening as being way better than the city falling back in love with them at some point. Especially if the Caps and Nats continue to be even reasonably well run and if the Bullets turn things around that becomes even more the case.

They’re 13th in home attendance this year. People still buy the seats....

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
More people can be assistant GM than can throw a baseball 90+, shit George Costanza could do it.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
They’re 13th in home attendance this year. People still buy the seats....

Sure ‘people’ still buy seats but so far what percentage are fans of the home team? I’m just saying it is entirely reasonable to think that the number of skins fans going to the stadium will continue to dwindle over time. I would guess that a decent number are still people who were part of the RFK days. That isn’t going to be the case forever. This kind of ineptitude will eventually mean more and more IMO. The glory days of the’80’s won’t fill bring in fans forever. That’s all I’m saying and big picture I don’t think that day is all that far off.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I mean 1-1 is a strike. 2-1 is a strike - both are called balls, so of course he serves one on 3-1, and voila we're down 3-1.

Sanchez being visibly pissed won't help him, but this is the World Series and the umps have to up their game too

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Very tough loss but HOU gets payed too. They weren’t going to just roll over.

Need to win tonight’s BS bull pen game because Cole is coming game 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad