OT: Washington Nationals Win The World Series!!!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
sams-club-baby-shark-cereal_cropped.jpg

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Only difference is Astros are so, so, so good.

Astros being -200 favorites is way different than Caps.

it’s going to be one tough series. Hopefully it doesn’t end up like Caps in 1998

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Anyone remember if the caps were favorites against vegas?

I think they were. They were just not picked by anyone to win any of the first 3 series. Watched MLB Tonight where they basically said its a toss up that Houston has a thin margin on.

I like Max

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Similar to Caps beating Pit in 2nd rd that they got the monkey off their back > Nats over Dodgers felt pretty similar, plus so many diff. heroes already

HOU is a different ballgame tho', really looking forward to the pitcher duels

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I'm an Expo fan so I have to cheer for the Nats

I loved the Expos, back in the day. My second favourite team to the Seattle Mariners. :)

They had some really fun and talented teams. They got totally ripped off in 1994. Stupid strike!

Too bad the Expos had such terrible ownership. :(

Never cheered for the Nats because I hated the way things unfolded.

Have been cheering for them these playoffs, though.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I loved the Expos, back in the day. My second favourite team to the Seattle Mariners. :)

They had some really fun and talented teams. They got totally ripped off in 1994. Stupid strike!

Too bad the Expos had such terrible ownership. :(

Never cheered for the Nats because I hated the way things unfolded.

Have been cheering for them these playoffs, though.
They should have won in 1994!

I'd like your post but I'm not allowed

Sep 19, 2008
The parallels are amazing

Biggest difference is you have Orioles fans being bitter and when caps were doing it the whole region was all in. I remember driving up to Baltimore and being at the Orioles game during game one of the ecf. People were watching the game on the phone and the light rail had a fair amount of caps fans. Then memorial day before the final people were yelling at Bryce Harper Vegas lover. The entire MD VA DC region was ALL IN. There was no dissent.

Contrast that with today where Orioles fans go out of their way to disparage the Nats or insult their fanbase still like Angelos. "DC is not a baseball town." Someone on another caps forum literally said "f*** the nats" and I had to do a double take like :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad