GDT: Washington Mumbo Sauce vs Carolina weird mustard BBQ sauce - 7:08PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Maybe CMM doesn't look good in practice, I can buy that. But I think that is the perfect reason for Lavi to send him down to Hershey no? At this point I really don't care about whether CMM plays with the Caps or not, but he IS a 1st round pick so he should be playing somewhere. Anyway, this team has way too many problems, CMM is like at the bottom of the list. But I do see that Lavi's use of him is mind boggling.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think you’re asking the wrong question. The question should be directed to Lavi and should be, “You keep saying McMike needs to keep doing what he’s doing in practice and seize his opportunities in the game — what exactly does that mean? What do you have to see in order for him to get more minutes?” There is no correlation between how McMichael plays and the ice time he gets.

Where is this quote?

From the link posted earlier it seems to be the opposite, at least regarding camp:

1667319947003.png

This is Lavi saying CMM has not shown enough in camp or practice to crack the starting lineup.

Here's an article from a week ago. Read between the lines here and it seems like Lavi is saying he's just not ready based on what they see in practice, and he needs to "work on his game" but he's "working hard" which is a stock answer.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Puljujarvi can drive play decently but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired, it’s a decent contract I guess but coming off a bad playoffs with 3 points in 16 games and a slow start with 1 goal in 9 games this year seems like a dude that would just be around. We don’t need more players with hopeful upside

He’s an excellent playdriver and is very good defensively over his career. With Oshie out long term and Brown likely out for a while, they really need a top 6 quality RW that can facilitate offense for their more skilled players (8 and 92 especially). He’s also 24 and under team control for a few more years. It’s the type of trade that makes sense for the next few years and not just a rental.

He’s had a rough start to the year, but all the more reason to see if he could be had for cheap. It could be a low-risk high-reward move.

I’m open to other players of course, and who knows if Edmonton wants to part with JP. Just throwing out some ideas. I do know that Washington is going to need to address their RW position if Oshie and Brown are out for long, even with Wilson coming back soon. I want to see Mantha on the top line. I want to see Protas there at some point too. Maybe they are the solutions.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I didn’t gloss over it; you’re not the first to infer there’s got to be something wrong with McMike and his attitude and preparation. This seems to me like an example of Occam’s Razor… we’re getting all of these unsubstantiated and potentially complex reasons for why CMM isn’t playing when it probably just boils down to the simplest explanation which is that he’s young and adjusting to life in the NHL.
I'm not inferring anything, I'm throwing out the possibility (Devil's Advocate style) that there may be factors we don't know b/c it seems the "play McMic" contingent claim to know why he's not getting the sweater.

What I am saying is none of us know; saying that, I pretty much agree with your Occam's Razor example

I'm pretty darn dang diddly sure that as the RS goes on, with our Elderly/Aging/Fragile fwds, that the odds of more than 1 of Eller/MarJo/Mantha et al are going to get dinged and miss time leaving plenty of oppty for others to step up

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad