Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
07s20xwmv8v61.jpg

Reactions: max21

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Are we sure that we want to find a way to send Oshie to Seattle?

I don’t, I think we should actually keep him. We have no one in the pipeline ready to play his role except for Wilson, and Wilson already has his own duties on the team.

I’d rather give up a player with a redundant role on the team like Jensen or TVR.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t, I think we should actually keep him. We have no one in the pipeline ready to play his role except for Wilson, and Wilson already has his own duties on the team.

I’d rather give up a player with a redundant role on the team like Jensen or TVR.

It will probably be either Dillon or Schultz or Vanecek. But I think there is still a push to get off of Oshie's contract.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It will probably be either Dillon or Schultz or Vanecek. But I think there is still a push to get off of Oshie's contract.
Agree. Don’t think there are a lot of moves to be made. We protect Oshie. I think it will be Dillon, Schultz, Vanny as well. We can live with losing one of those guys. But I think we protect Dillon as one of 3 dee. So really Schultz or Jensen or Vanny.

The ultimate would be if they took Hags and we resigned Raffl to play left side on fourth line. But doubt they will take Hags unless we incent them.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Are we sure that we want to find a way to send Oshie to Seattle?

Anyone who actually wants to get rid of Oshie, even if it's for purely cap reasons in the future, needs to have their computer privileges revoked.

Oshie is, was and always will be, the straw that stirs the drink around here.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Agree. Don’t think there are a lot of moves to be made. We protect Oshie. I think it will be Dillon, Schultz, Vanny as well. We can live with losing one of those guys. But I think we protect Dillon as one of 3 dee. So really Schultz or Jensen or Vanny.

The ultimate would be if they took Hags and we resigned Raffl to play left side on fourth line. But doubt they will take Hags unless we incent them.

Which we won't do because our management loves Hags.

Reactions: DWGie26

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We have owned NJ and Isles so far. Boston and rangers have given us trouble. Pens up in season series 4-2 with two games left.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Anyone who actually wants to get rid of Oshie, even if it's for purely cap reasons in the future, needs to have their computer privileges revoked.

Also sends a bad message to the team that you aren’t protecting a heart and soul guy who not only scores but also puts everything on the line every single game

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Also sends a bad message to the team that you aren’t protecting a heart and soul guy who not only scores but also puts everything on the line every single game

I think I have a running avatar bet on this. I think there is less than zero chance that they leave Osh exposed... like its the same chance they would leave Backie or Kuzy or JC exposed. Its just not happening.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
No way Oshie is left unprotected. Don’t even think it is worth arguing anymore. those sentiments were from people earlier in the year (not me). That said, earlier this year I thought we could move Orlov’s salary out for some good assets, but I don’t like that anymore either. He has been our best dee.

Worst think is if they take Vanecek. Takes a young goaltender and really no salary cap. But I wouldn’t make a move to change that either. We are going to really battle this cap for next couple of years.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

The team just isnt the team without Oshie on it. I think Oshie finishes as a Cap and very likely on LTIR.

kogeh

May 14, 2011
Zagreb
We will protect both as we should but if I had to pick between Osh and Kuzy I would protect Oshie all day every day.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
No way Oshie is left unprotected. Don’t even think it is worth arguing anymore. those sentiments were from people earlier in the year (not me). That said, earlier this year I thought we could move Orlov’s salary out for some good assets, but I don’t like that anymore either. He has been our best dee.

Worst think is if they take Vanecek. Takes a young goaltender and really no salary cap. But I wouldn’t make a move to change that either. We are going to really battle this cap for next couple of years.

Well everyone except Ovie is basically locked up for the next couple years, so I don't see to much stress over it. No big additions, but I don't see any more fire sale moves ala Panik either. GMBM has shown remarkable agility to dig out from bad contracts when needed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think I have a running avatar bet on this. I think there is less than zero chance that they leave Osh exposed... like its the same chance they would leave Backie or Kuzy or JC exposed. Its just not happening.

I think there was a point earlier in the season where he hadnt scored an even strenth goal yet that had some saying he was regressing and that he was a salary cap bomb ready to go off.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad