Post-Game Talk: Washington HC @ Long Island Islanders, 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
I just want to see good effort. Not that they didn't last game, but I want to see more.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
They need to play like in the 2nd and 3rd last game. Lock it down, push them to the perimeter, and continue to run constant interference like the Isles always do.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
Big game for Sammy. If Sprong is in for Ovi, I think he has a strong game. The competition with Raffl for playing time will keep him motivated. I'm eager to see Raffl's game two performance as well. It sucks to have Schultz out, but it's good for TVR to get some game time and wipe some rust off before the playoffs start.

Reactions: max21

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
[] Win
[] Consistency from Samsonov
[] Score in McNuggets Minute

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The NYI home record makes finishing ahead of them critical. It makes beating them twice in a row really unlikely too

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If Ovie isn’t 100% don’t play him. Need him tip top in playoffs.

You beat me to it. I know Ovie has missed a handful of games already this year but holding him out for maintenance today (and maybe next game) would keep the powder dry for the stretch run AND give the rest of the team a chance to step up sans-Captain and prepare for the "next man up" playoff mentality.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Big game for Sammy. If Sprong is in for Ovi, I think he has a strong game. The competition with Raffl for playing time will keep him motivated. I'm eager to see Raffl's game two performance as well. It sucks to have Schultz out, but it's good for TVR to get some game time and wipe some rust off before the playoffs start.
I liked TVRs game a couple days go and in general he hasn’t been bad when he has played

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You beat me to it. I know Ovie has missed a handful of games already this year but holding him out for maintenance today (and maybe next game) would keep the powder dry for the stretch run AND give the rest of the team a chance to step up sans-Captain and prepare for the "next man up" playoff mentality.

I have a hard time seeing Ovechkin taking a day off for caution and to give the rest of the team a chance to play without him. I am confident that Ovechkin has been injured enough over the years to take a day off to be careful that we dont hear about like. Like earlier this season.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Sammy after a shoutout has been given a stinker, but I like they are starting him. If we lose it's not that crucial than figuring out who can be our starter come the playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sounds to me like Lavi is ready to start riding a goaltender!

I believe that he is ready to start tiding a goaltender if its Samsonov. If Sammy isnt good today, he will get every opportunity to win the job. Vanecek only gets it if Samsonov cant close the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad