Post-Game Talk: Washington HC @ Long Island Islanders, 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Of course I know who Bossy is. He was a fantastic goal scorer on a very good team.
And I'm actually a bit older than you are and at that time I was more of a hockey fan than I am now. Now I watch almost only Caps games. At that time I watched every team. Especially in the playoffs.

Great now we're getting along. See how easy it is ;)

There are people who will say Bossy was the greatest pure goal scorer of all time....he still has the highest goal per game percentage...

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Great now we're getting along. See how easy it is ;)

There are people who will say Bossy was the greatest pure goal scorer of all time....he still has the highest goal per game percentage...
He was definitely a sniper but played in an Era when teams weren't as structured defensively. Not to mention goalies weren't near as good.
We should also give credit to Trotter for making him the goalscorer he was and Gilles for protecting him.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Beautiful win.

Gosh I know Samsonov’s save % wasn’t great but the eye test told me he was better than .876.
I don't really look at save % much. The shorty was a soft goal. The other 2 were good bounces for the Isles. He was decent.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
A33E31F6-85CE-4733-A289-880892992C40.jpeg

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Outside of the shorty, a pretty darn-dang-diddily of a doodadderino
This last 10 stretch is off to a great start, pretty surprised to leave the Island with 4 out of 4 pts
Samsonov looked solid outside of Pelech's blast
A lot to like these last 2 games minus OV being out
Awesome to light up the previously 19-2-3 at home, now 19-3-3 at home Aisles, and bringing Sorokin's 8-0-0 home record down to earf
Good job Spronger and 4th line for potting some goals, Eller and Kuzy looked very good tonight too

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Sheary was -1 in a game the Caps outscored NYI 6-0 even strength, he came on right before the shorty, just looked odd in the box score

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
Play Kuzy in the third period, get results.

Say what you will about Vrana, but Kuzy has turned his game around this season. He’s no longer the huge defensive liability he was the past two seasons, and the points are here and they are beautiful.

I think 92 has been playing well defensively for a month or two but thought he lost confidence offensively, maybe. But especially tonight, and recently, he's looked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad