twabby

Mar 9, 2010

The logo better be some form of:

5703cb0d9105842a008babcf

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Admirals is so damn lame. I know there are at least two minor league hockey teams with that name. How were the clowns able to sort out the copy right issues with the “Admirals” but not the Wolves or Redwolves? Two years to plan everything out and hear out what the fans wanted… and still managed to pick one of the least popular options.

Should have been the Wolves or Redwolves. This organization is beyond stupid. Might have to jump ship to the Ravens until Snyder is out of the picture. This clown organization will continue to hemorrhage fans for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That's default option 2 for me.....just felt too Navy oriented, but maybe that's the angle they want...
What’s wrong with it being Navy oriented? :naughty::nod:

Not gonna lie, I’d be pumped if it was the Admirals but then again I’m clearly biased. One thing though, what would the shorter nickname be? All of the other three syllable names have shortcuts, i.e. Buccaneers >> Bucs, Patriots >> Pats, etc.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Not gonna lie, I’d be pumped if it was the Admirals but then again I’m clearly biased. One thing though, what would the shorter nickname be? All of the other three syllable names have shortcuts, i.e. Buccaneers >> Bucs, Patriots >> Pats, etc.

The Washington Addies

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

nothing “wrong”, just thought they might want something that could be attached to multiple branches. Like I said….probably my #2 of what’s left.

who doesn’t like an Admiral?!

upload_2022-1-5_12-13-15.gif

f3c720c1-0515-42ad-88c8-2a91ff8bd3dc

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The Admirals.

Who the f*** wants to be called "The Admirals" and who associates this with D.C.?

Praying it's something salvageable like the "Airmen".

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Ads, of course

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
If it’s Armada or Brigade I’m officially done.
Oh you won’t be, Ripened Fruit. If they ever start to win again, you will be here.

Armada would be the dumbest name ever, as I stated before as no Armada could ever dock in Washington.

Bridge is better than Armada.

I’m worried about Commanders. Lame.

I’d rather Admirals if they have to go the military route (or obv RedTails), but I’m not a fan of really any of them.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

If Admirals is the name, then the whole excuse behind not choosing Wolves or RedWolves is a big fat lie. Not only is Admirals in use, its in use IN THIS CITY! There would be TWO Washington Admirals teams in the same damn city, so lets not pretend that A) Admirals is a lock, or B) if it is, that the legal aspects of RedWolves were based on any thing close to the truth.

How can they literally name the team the same as another team IN THE SAME CITY?????

Dan Snyder and his highly competent staff strikes again.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
There one thing that would make "Admirals" a slam-dunk winner, and that's if they were somehow able to build a new stadium at the Navy Yards.
Of course, the chances of that happening are probably less than .00000001/2%

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
If Admirals is the name, then the whole excuse behind not choosing Wolves or RedWolves is a big fat lie. Not only is Admirals in use, its in use IN THIS CITY! There would be TWO Washington Admirals teams in the same damn city, so lets not pretend that A) Admirals is a lock, or B) if it is, that the legal aspects of RedWolves were based on any thing close to the truth.

How can they literally name the team the same as another team IN THE SAME CITY?????

Pretty sure they've got the same legal standing as my beer-league kickball team. Snyder probably paid them off with a 12-pack of Coors Light.

Reactions: Corby78

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It’s been pretty widely reported that the reason they can’t use Wolves is because the NBA and the Minnesota T-wolves blocked it. They don’t want an NFL team to encroach on their territory. Taking the name from Major League Quidditch team would not be the same thing on any level.

Side note: I was today years old when I learned there was Major League Quidditch, and that Washington had a team.

Reactions: Cappy76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad