Washington Damn Good Culture
Washington Franchise Toy for Big Man Dan
Washington Traffickers

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I do think the uniform teasers they released looked pretty fire. The matte burgundy helmet will be awesome and the gray/black alternative should be pretty cool. I do hope the uniforms are still primarily burgundy and gold; I don’t want black to replace gold as one of the primary colors.

I don’t know, call me crazy or naive or maybe they’re just so garbage on and off the field that I want something different to latch onto but I’m looking forward to the name change and starting fresh. I actually don’t hate Commanders but would prefer something non-military.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Not going with RedWolves because of legal issues just shows how utterly incompetent the entire organization is. There are sooo many other examples of teams with the same name, if I'm not mistaken the trademark is for the entire name "Washington RedWolves" not just "RedWolves" and includes things like logo and color scheme. Just inept from top, to bottom.

Reactions: Corby78

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

OK, so now that I've actually watched this:
"We are, and always have been, Washington"
OK, except for when they were born in Boston.
And the last 20+ years when they've played in Maryland.
And for however long they play in their next stadium in Virginia. Maybe Maryland. But almost certainly not Washington.
But, you know, whatever.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The name that has cropped up in the past is the Red Tails, which was also the nickname for the Tuskegee Airmen in WWII. Dovetails cleanly with military themes and the 'we will launch' video tag line.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wolves was great. Red Wolves is dumb but palatable. Anything referring back to "Red" is a stupid idea, though. The Red Tails shouldn't have their legacy shat upon by Snyder.

Every other option is f***ing horrible and I will not use them.

Reactions: max21

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The Caps do this. The three stars represent the DMV. This is the least of their branding issues.

They definitely have bigger issues, but the Caps don't have an arch rival who's entire identity is based on a star.

Also its been pointed out, they are HQ'd in VA, play in MD, and were born in Boston, but the WFT marketing announcement says "we are and have always been Washington". Adding three stars to the jersey doesn't make that true. Maybe not being complete a-holes in negotiation with DC to build a stadium there where everyone wants it to be, would be more "being Washington" instead.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I think the most exciting part of the relaunch is going to be afterwards, when we all congregate here to decide what we're going to call them.

Right now, I'm leaning towards "Shit Waffles," but I'm enterring this whiole thing with an open mind.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Wolves was great. Red Wolves is dumb but palatable. Anything referring back to "Red" is a stupid idea, though. The Red Tails shouldn't have their legacy shat upon by Snyder.

Every other option is f***ing horrible and I will not use them.
Wolves was a slam dunk imo. Getting around the trademark and legal issues would have been expensive but doable. To ignore a overwhelming fan favorite and potential brand dynamo is a huge missed opportunity. Whatever name they pick I just hope the logo and uniforms aren’t bad, now I wish they just kept WFT.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
4220B56D-4DD8-4E2F-9CE8-7F1F4E189C18.jpeg
The reflection looks like a giant W. Which I don’t see how that would be Commanders or Admirals, I guess Hogs or Redhogs are possible. I don’t even know lol, atleast we have a date now so we’re not waiting mindlessly. Not gunna lie I’ve been pretty engaged with this topic for a while, don’t let us down Washington :rolleyes:

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think the most exciting part of the relaunch is going to be afterwards, when we all congregate here to decide what we're going to call them.

Right now, I'm leaning towards "Shit Waffles," but I'm enterring this whiole thing with an open mind.

Actually, there's no need for any further discussion! Shit Waffles it is!

Sing it with me: "Hail, to the Shit Waffles, Hail Victory...."

Just rolls off the tongue, like Eagles fans rolling off a railing.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
View attachment 495540 The reflection looks like a giant W. Which I don’t see how that would be Commanders or Admirals, I guess Hogs or Redhogs are possible. I don’t even know lol, atleast we have a date now so we’re not waiting mindlessly. Not gunna lie I’ve been pretty engaged with this topic for a while, don’t let us down Washington :rolleyes:
Wow. I really admire your ability to cling to hope in the face of two-plus decades of evidence to the contrary. ;)

Reactions: max21

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Glad it's not Wolves or RedWolves. Still like the way Washington Wolfpack flows but if they're being pissy about sandboxing a name for legal (read marketing exclusivity) reasons then that won't work.

But there are also other franchises with "Admirals" for mascots so not sure if that's it. Same with Commanders though the 2019 football team is now defunct. I suppose they could've acquired the rights.

It's definitely military so Red Tails might be the pick, though I'm not crazy about that name. It's just so wimpy sounding regardless of the history. Makes it sound like you have a chapped ass.

Oh, right.

Nevermind.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Actually, there's no need for any further discussion! Shit Waffles it is!

Sing it with me: "Hail, to the Shit Waffles, Hail Victory...."

Just rolls off the tongue, like Eagles fans rolling off a railing.

Lol. This just reminds me of one of the old drsmoov transformers clip where Kup says he feels like a piece of shit and Optimus Prime goes and that's who you will be! Shitpiece! lololol

god..... i'm such a nerd

[warning obscene language]

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
View attachment 495540 The reflection looks like a giant W. Which I don’t see how that would be Commanders or Admirals, I guess Hogs or Redhogs are possible. I don’t even know lol, atleast we have a date now so we’re not waiting mindlessly. Not gunna lie I’ve been pretty engaged with this topic for a while, don’t let us down Washington :rolleyes:
Washington Washingtons
Washington Women are Great and We'd Totally Not Harass Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad