OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Draft and Post-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Well, getting a potential QB this year was going to cost way too much. Way too many holes to fill. So i think we did the right thing with our draft. Really drafted for need versus the dreaded “best player available”... at least in first 3 rounds. Fitz will drive us nuts but he is a gamer and will be better this year than anyone we could have drafted. And that will help players grow and we’ll win games but not likely a super bowl.

Next year could (hopefully) will be different. If things go even moderately well, We’ll be young but established in a lot of areas. So we can afford to take a chance of sending 1 or 2 first round picks to move up for a QB.

In short, I would have rather done what we did versus picking a Montez in the 3rd through 7th round.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Sep 19, 2008
Awful pick. I remember the reports about Scot punching a wall when it was announced that Doctson had injury issues during camp. Maybe he knew then that he was a bust.

Somewhat ironically, William Jackson III was selected two spots after Doctson.
After he was cut by Washington Scot insisted Doctson was a football player.

He ended up one year with Minnesota and one year with the Jets (which he opted out of)

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I remember Doctson was regarded by some as the best receiver in that draft, yeah he was a bust. We could have drafted Micheal Thomas also smh, he went in the second round

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He was a mistake. But I'm not sure it was 100% on the player. Who was throwing it to him and staying healthy weren't completely things he could control.

It was a bust, and it looks bad, but at that end of the first round, it's not a perfect science. Plenty of other busts have walked through that roster, and many more will.

Could've been Corey Coleman I guess.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Still a lot of scrubs on that TE list.

I'm ok with not going for a QB. Build the roster down, then move up and pay whatever it takes to get a QB. Next draft, there should be 3-4 available, and you try and move up and take one in the teens. If it costs 2 firsts, a 2nd and whatever, you do it, knowing you've filled out most of the rest of the roster.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

The old lady will be gone soon. That last video got me emotional. The last time the team didn’t suck they played at RFK. Feels like RFK getting torn down is the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Man, I feel old. It seems like not that long ago when people are howling for him to start.

The job of the 3rd string QB in DC always used to be the people's champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad