OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Draft and Post-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
That only works for a handful of years before guys start aging off rookie deals and you’re just spinning your wheels.

if they don’t get a good QB or good potential QB next year, they’re burning the roster for mediocrity IMO.
I don’t know about that. you don’t need a franchise QB to win a super bowl. Sure, a franchise QB helps a whole lot. Defense wins championships. Plenty of examples of that.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Best way to grade a draft is 3-4 years after. So what grade would you give the 2017 draft?
D35D9468-B7C0-4758-989E-D8FAA26645C3.jpeg

DC got 2 bonafide starters out of it but not much else. I give it a C grade.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know about that. you don’t need a franchise QB to win a super bowl. Sure, a franchise QB helps a whole lot. Defense wins championships. Plenty of examples of that.

we don’t have a franchise or even a potential championship winning QB. Plenty examples of Washington sucking at the QB position for 30 years also….

This isn’t a D that’s going to carry a journeyman to a title.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
This isn’t a D that’s going to carry a journeyman to a title.

I don’t know. The defense should be better than last year and I don’t think they got even close to journeyman level play at QB from their 4 headed QB monster last season. Sure they won with Smith under center but his actual play wasn’t even journeyman level IMO.

Sure the schedule is definitely harder and in no way am I predicting a long playoff run but I am interested to see what an even better defense and Fitzpatrick at QB looks like. I think it could be a reasonable step up overall from a middle of the road team last year.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Best way to grade a draft is 3-4 years after. So what grade would you give the 2017 draft? View attachment 429964

DC got 2 bonafide starters out of it but not much else. I give it a C grade.
Eh, I'll split hairs and call it a B-. Allen was falling due to medical concerns so they get credit for taking him and he's a Pro-Bowl caliber player and a captain.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
To randomly win a single super bowl no. There will always be the Dilfers and Flaccos. But in general look at the teams that are consistently contending. Pats/Bucs, Saints, Packers, Chiefs, Steelers. You need a Pro Bowl QB if you want to build a team that has staying power.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know. The defense should be better than last year and I don’t think they got even close to journeyman level play at QB from their 4 headed QB monster last season. Sure they won with Smith under center but his actual play wasn’t even journeyman level IMO.

Sure the schedule is definitely harder and in no way am I predicting a long playoff run but I am interested to see what an even better defense and Fitzpatrick at QB looks like. I think it could be a reasonable step up overall from a middle of the road team last year.

Let’s be real, last year was fluky. Everyone else fell apart.

Fitz will be fun, but we can’t win (a SB) with him ultimately IMO.

If we make the playoffs I’ll be shocked. If we end up over .500, I’ll be surprised.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
To randomly win a single super bowl no. There will always be the Dilfers and Flaccos. But in general look at the teams that are consistently contending. Pats/Bucs, Saints, Packers, Chiefs, Steelers. You need a Pro Bowl QB if you want to build a team that has staying power.

The good news is that maybe you have three or four teams that are looking at quarterbacks next year (Washington, Houston, Detroit, probably Pittsburgh), so there's no reason why the WFT can't end up with one of the top rated passers. They won't stand a chance at Howell or Rattler (I think they're going to Houston and Detroit), but Washington should be able to end up with one of Slovis, Willis, Daniels or Strong.

Reactions: TCB
Sep 19, 2008
Not sure if anyone else knows but ExtremeSkins has an error message today. Usually post between here and there so seeing the "This community has been removed" warning when going to the site is pretty sad.

Is anyone else getting that error?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not sure if anyone else knows but ExtremeSkins has an error message today. Usually post between here and there so seeing the "This community has been removed" warning when going to the site is pretty sad.

Is anyone else getting that error?
I haven’t been on that site in years but Kevin Sheehan mentioned it on his podcast yesterday and he gave the impression it was gone.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I really like getting Brown having watched him a decent amount, but had Deablo been available two picks later I'd be very torn on not taking him.

Reactions: max21

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
it’s brutal…They’re not even in the ballpark to get lucky with a draftee yet….because we don’t have shit!

It’s the journeyman cycle for the next few years at a minimum IMO, unless they make a big trade.

ZERO chance they’re tanking with that D…..they’re going to try and win with a hope and a prayer behind center for the foreseeable future. It was this past year or nothing for the tank.

I know Fitz will be fun for a year, then what?
Probably a Chicago type deal for a Fields type QB. That’s my guess. Probably 5-6 QB’s in first round again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad