Proposal: Washington-Edmonton

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
For a guy who can't score a goal, doesn't put up any points and is slow and aging, only situation I would want him on the Caps is at a max 2 year contract at max 1 mil AAV.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
There isn't a market for Lucic at even 50 percent retention. This proposal presumes that the problem with Lucic is solely related to his terrible contract. That's inaccurate. He's also too slow and the game has passed him by. The Caps haven't been targeting size and snarl, but size and snarl when it also brings skill and can skate. This is not a player they would be targeting.
I disagree. I think there would be quite a few teams very interested in Lucic @ 3 mil per.

Feb 24, 2017
The fellers saying eriksson isn’t likelier than lucic to be traded, isn’t 4 further years of lucic less likely to be traded than 3 further years of eriksson?

Maybe I got terms wrong?

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
While it's not the absurdity that it is at his full contract, a guy who can't skate is a guy who can't skate at any cap hit.
You don't understand how an old school GM would value Lucic.

Like I said, I'm confident that GM's would have time for Lucic on their team @ 3 mil per.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He has a NMC (fair play to his agent) - having to protect him in the expansion draft is BRUTAL....

Yeah, I know. That's probably the biggest sticking point for me and ultimately why I wouldn't pull the trigger on any deal involving Looch. That, and they have Jaskin at 4LW who honestly seems like the same player as Lucic at this point in their careers.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
No point in giving up anything for Lucic. He's too slow for this team and even if they somehow wanted him it'd be smarter to just wait until the inevitable buy-out and get him for likely sub-3m AAV and without giving up any assets.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I actually like that Oiler heavy line. The problem with Lucic is obviously contract. He's a nice 4th liner if slotted right. That said you can't pay more than 2 million for a heavy 4th liner. Oilers are an interesting team to me as a Flames fan. If McDavid can keep playing 24 minutes per night without breaking down they might slide into a wildcard spot. Then they need a hot goalie and could do damage in the playoffs. They need an all situations defender though. Can't keep playing a #3 as a #1 and he's hurt now.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I actually like that Oiler heavy line. The problem with Lucic is obviously contract. He's a nice 4th liner if slotted right. That said you can't pay more than 2 million for a heavy 4th liner. Oilers are an interesting team to me as a Flames fan. If McDavid can keep playing 24 minutes per night without breaking down they might slide into a wildcard spot. Then they need a hot goalie and could do damage in the playoffs. They need an all situations defender though. Can't keep playing a #3 as a #1 and he's hurt now.

That is pretty much a bang on analysis.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad