OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
do people really think anything will be different this season. Its actually remarkable that they have managed to be pretty awful for almost 30 years. Seems like going into another season with an absolute punt at QB. I guess at least Dan will be gone.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
do people really think anything will be different this season. Its actually remarkable that they have managed to be pretty awful for almost 30 years. Seems like going into another season with an absolute punt at QB. I guess at least Dan will be gone.

I don't think anyone has inflated expectations that this team will suddenly be good, or even functional. The QB is a project, we all understand that. There is hope that the long term future will no longer be complete dysfunction... thats enough for now.

The only thing that will be different this season….is that the air of despair will be lifted….
What he said :lol:, nothing more.

Sep 19, 2008
I was driving home this morning listening to 1067 and G&D were rambling about how the projections were so low this year. They brought up Sharp saying that the Washington qB room was last place in the league. Sharp also projects 6 wins for this team which is certainly doable given the difficulty of schedule, but at the same time the QB room I don't think is as bad as the pundits are making it out to be. Grant had a whole rant on how TB has a worse QB room with Trask and Baker Mayfield.

Anyway, sale should be closer to finalization with the vote tomorrow and full control handed off on Friday. If you wanted to celebrate and drink beer:

Bullpen party on Thursday afternoon near Nats Park during the sale. Also Old Ox will have a party and 1067 will broadcast from there starting at noon EST.

FedEx party Friday with special guests.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Anyone who's been to a game recently..is it worth the time and money? Haven't gone in probably 15 years but thinking about it this season
Honestly? No. Tailgating is a fantastic time but once you enter the stadium the experience usually sucks. 1980s era stadium built in the 90s. The stadium is old and looks it. And don’t get me started on parking and refreshments at the game. The team actually stealing money from paying customers of an NFL sanctioned sporting event.

Having said that, I’m seriously considering purchasing tickets this year in support of the new ownership.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Though I went to a handful of RFK games in the 80's really didn't get the full on tailgating experience. Having tailgated a number of DC United games while they were playing there I bet it was off the hook.

My one FedEx game was a bandmate's club level seats which I did really enjoy. Hell I was good hanging out on the couches and the big screen TVs even versus the club level seat.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Fully expect to suck again unless howell blows away all expectation but im ready to spend my money there now since it won’t be going into danny’s pockets

Reactions: usiel

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
dev_pubsys_images_1290037123_m_cover_illo-1[1].png

Havent seen an official ink is dry post or news alert yet

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
looks lame AF
There is another event going on at the Bullpen by Nats Park. But, ultimately, there are not many real fans of the team left that know this is a big deal and would go to an event like this. Most fans Dan Snyder is all they know as an owner. They don’t know any better.

Big news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad