OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Firing Norv was one of the few things he got right. Just took way too long.

They made the playoffs the previous season and won the first round, and lost by 1pt to TB in the next round. They had a winning record.

It made no logical sense. If there were some brilliant countermove available that would improve on that, then sure. Go for it. But it turned out Snyder was just being Snyder.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They made the playoffs the previous season and won the first round, and lost by 1pt to TB in the next round. They had a winning record.

It made no logical sense. If there were some brilliant countermove available that would improve on that, then sure. Go for it. But it turned out Snyder was just being Snyder.
He was terrible. Shouldn’t have lasted as long as he did. And sure…Snyder is always being Snyder. Norv still blew ass..

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
When did you realize Snyder was a terrible owner?

Vinny Cerrato.

The ongoing commitment to that guy confounded me. Prior to that, Snyder still had that new owner smell -- made mistakes, but was swinging for the fences and willing to spend. Without the benefit of hindsight, one could hope that he'd outgrow those tendencies and let football people do their work.

Letting Shottenheimer fire Cerrato felt like a nod in that direction to me. Then Shotty was canned and Cerrato was rehired... as VP of Football Operations. That's when it clicked. All the effort to figure him out stopped, no more equivocating or excuses.

"Oh. I see it now. This guy's just an asshole. We're so screwed."

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It was time to part ways with Norv. I would have like to see them let Norv coach the entire season but Norv had to go.
I have never disliked a Skins HC more. Smarmy mf‘er was soooo bad as a HC……….OC…fine…..but not a Leader of Men.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I have never disliked a Skins HC more. Smarmy mf‘er was soooo bad as a HC……….OC…fine…..but not a Leader of Men.
I changed my response when I thought back on Norvell. Heath Shuler failure was on him. That was the time to give Norv the boot.

Still don’t think he should have been fired mid season. That never does anything but make things worse.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Anyone who's been to a game recently..is it worth the time and money? Haven't gone in probably 15 years but thinking about it this season

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1689619642395.png

Scary Terry #8 rated WR in Madden

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I changed my response when I thought back on Norvell. Heath Shuler failure was on him. That was the time to give Norv the boot.

Still don’t think he should have been fired mid season. That never does anything but make things worse.

Norv achieved the unique distinction as being fired both too late and too soon all at the same time. He should have been fired after 1998 when they missed the playoffs for the 6th straight year, (or after Heath bombed out) but he should not have been fired 13 games in to the 2000 season either. He should have been given the rest of that season and then fired on the day the season ended. But, Dan Snyder is Dan Snyder and he finds new and interesting ways to do things wrong.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Assuming this deal goes through I'll probably be willing to watch and care about the football team in Raljon again.

Reactions: Neil Racki
Sep 19, 2008
Anyone who's been to a game recently..is it worth the time and money? Haven't gone in probably 15 years but thinking about it this season
I don't think I can tell you an unbiased answer. Stadium is stinky but the tailgate is great and the tickets are filling up fast for this season. Prices appear to be higher than years past as fans are going back again now that Snyder is allegedly gone in 3 days.

The Bills game Week 3 is selling fast and nearly out.

So if you want my unbiased opinion, yes, but wait a while. See how the offense does.

Reactions: Roric

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Harris estimates spending about $88 million to “help establish ownership’s commitment to fan/player experience” — including for new videoboards and a locker room update — and says the group is assuming the need for $100 million for “immediate structural repairs” and maintenance to FedEx Field. Harris also estimates spending $43 million to upgrade loge boxes and suites. The document cites that under Harris, the 76ers climbed NBA ticket rankings from 27th in 2014-15 to fifth in 2021-22.

Local sports talking heads saying Harris is going to put money into upgrading the things not visible to fans but vital to success like state of the art facilities, locker rooms, training etc. During Shanny's time he tried to not bring FAs to the team facilities bc it was embarrassing and he didnt want to show them until after they signed. A former Skin player from Wake Forest (?) said WF facilities were better.

Lets go!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Harris estimates spending about $88 million to “help establish ownership’s commitment to fan/player experience” — including for new videoboards and a locker room update — and says the group is assuming the need for $100 million for “immediate structural repairs” and maintenance to FedEx Field. Harris also estimates spending $43 million to upgrade loge boxes and suites. The document cites that under Harris, the 76ers climbed NBA ticket rankings from 27th in 2014-15 to fifth in 2021-22.

Local sports talking heads saying Harris is going to put money into upgrading the things not visible to fans but vital to success like state of the art facilities, locker rooms, training etc. During Shanny's time he tried to not bring FAs to the team facilities bc it was embarrassing and he didnt want to show them until after they signed. A former Skin player from Wake Forest (?) said WF facilities were better.

Lets go!

I'm not an expert, but my first suggestion would be to stop raining sewage down on the fans every 3rd game. Take it slow and work your way up to the luxury boxes and suites.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I went last year for the first time in a decade. It was against the Falcons and the weather stunk but I had more fun than I thought I would. Traffic wasn’t nearly as bad as I remembered (probably due to weather). Beers were expensive but that’s to be expected.

Our tickets and parking were free so I can’t comment on the cost but you can find cheap tickets for almost any game, especially if the opponent is not a team with a big road following.

I was pleasantly surprised with the experience but I also didn’t pay for it so I was playing with house money anyway.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If there's new ownership there may be a honeymoon period where tix are more expensive. If they go 0-6 then the SOS factor might kick in and prices/attendance could drop.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
With the season so close I dont think Fedex will be any better this season. Go to the tailgate then go home and watch on TV lol.

Another thing I hated was depending on where you parked and tickets are it sometimes took us 45 min to walk to our seats.
Never enough bathrooms for the women in the parking lot.
Needs to be more handicap friendly, If you have trouble walking its going to be hard on you.

Not to mention we have the worst reputation for turf conditions. Its a running joke for other teams everyone blows out their knees on our painted dirt.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
1 pm Friday theres a Training Camp Pep Rally at Fed Ex with Josh Harris maybe being there.

Time slot sucks if they hope to have a good crowd.

Make it a 6 pm start w Wiz Khalifa and Jah Works or something. Get some grills going.

IDK maybe they need time to get things set up but I hope they do have a big blowout party on a weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad