OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
In 10 years nobody will care about the flip flopping on the name, but you could be stuck with a shitty name still.

Change it, and get it right this time.

My guess is too late to change this season and RR still has a year to shit the bed or turn things around. He clearly influenced all of this. I bet they explore new names all year while also sniffing around for new coaches.

And yes, time for a new era/thread imo.

AMF, Danny Boi

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
First thing Harris has to do as owner? Fire his PR staff. Harris is somewhat coherent during his opening press conference. Like he was trained on what to say. Specific topics he should push. He just wasn't trained very well. Not a good start.

Goodell is now talking at the presser. Goodell starts off sounding like an idiot but he is on message now.

This was, from what I heard, a disappointing press conference overall. Harris comes off bad. Goodell sounded like he’s just glad it’s over. Again, not a good start to the Harris era, IMO.

I had the opposite impression. I thought he sounded good/normal/expected. It was a brief press conference ... "topics he should push? He mostly answered questions from reporters after his brief opening remarks.

It was a good generic bland, say the right things everyone expects to hear type press conference.

Fire PR staff? Not a good start?

Idk man ... it was a brief press conf.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
White's findings also backed up Friedman's allegations of financial improprieties. During his testimony before the House Oversight Committee, Friedman discussed ways the team shielded revenue from the league, which would be distributed among its owners.

She wrote that their investigation "identified approximately $11 million in revenues (including those in the Jason Friedman allegations) that the Club appears to have improperly shielded from sharing, to the extent required by NFL policies."

Attorney Lisa Banks, who represented both Johnston and Friedman -- among several dozen former employees -- told ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. that the report was "really strong."

The f***ing with other peoples' money is what got him forced out imo. All the other crap would have been weathered but cant f*** with the money.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I doubt they change the name.

It’s notable that Harris included Virginia ponying up the money for a stadium complex in the prospectus he used to sell minority ownership.

I would think that makes Virginia a done deal unless DC not only approves the land but matches the funding.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

It’s notable that Harris included Virginia ponying up the money for a stadium complex in the prospectus he used to sell minority ownership.

I would think that makes Virginia a done deal unless DC not only approves the land but matches the funding.
JKC had a first shovel ceremony with Doug Wilder for a new stadium on the Potomac in Arlington, I believe. JKC wound up building in Raljohn. VA never closes.

Sep 19, 2008
1689953801560.png

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

I think itd be smart to do it in a few years (or 5) when ever they roll out the new stadium. Complete rehaul.

Everyone wants to change the name but weve had years and ive never seen a good clear winner mentioned. red wolves? lame, forcing the red. I liked "washington warriors" but as the best of an undesirable bunch type pick.

Might have to move off of "washington" and go "district". District kings. DC _____________?

idk

we need a good name candidate before actually deciding to change

hard ... internet had years and the best we came up with was "Washington Red Wolves" ... lol

Sep 19, 2008
IF they change the name it coincides with the new stadium. The coming of a "new age" of Washington football.

It's not like they're going to just barge into Redskin park today like "get all this Commanders shit out we're the Redwolves now".

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think itd be smart to do it in a few years (or 5) when ever they roll out the new stadium. Complete rehaul.

Everyone wants to change the name but weve had years and ive never seen a good clear winner mentioned. red wolves? lame, forcing the red. I liked "washington warriors" but as the best of an undesirable bunch type pick.

Might have to move off of "washington" and go "district". District kings. DC _____________?

idk

we need a good name candidate before actually deciding to change

hard ... internet had years and the best we came up with was "Washington Red Wolves" ... lol
These are two massive marketing and revenue milestones…..combining them just dilutes them both. Name first, then Stadium.

Sep 19, 2008

Cousins is #9. That sums up the Snyder era perfectly.

Cousins is okay but has only one playoff win to his name in MInnesota. Committing that much to a QB is insanity.

That said, would be nice to see what Cousins could have done with Terry McLaurin

Magic (I can't believe I'm quoting him as a WFT Owner) say the name change is definitely on the table but not at the top of the priority list, they have other things to do first.

For the love of everything holy and good, we finally have adults running the franchise. Halef***ingleauja.
Stadium #1 objective

everything else takes a backburner to that

THAT said the fact that they're listening to the fans and actually communicating with them about plans for the future is great.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Magic (I can't believe I'm quoting him as a WFT Owner) say the name change is definitely on the table but not at the top of the priority list, they have other things to do first.

For the love of everything holy and good, we finally have adults running the franchise. Halef***ingleauja.
Like The Purge at Loudoun!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have been on vacation all week at the beach and have been mostly disconnected from the world, along with being slightly intoxicated for most of the time, so this still hasn’t hit me or sunk in yet. My brain is too foggy to comprehend that Snyder is out. Forever. Gone, like a fart in the wind. Just like that. And Magic Johnson is a co-owner of our football team. Pretty unbelievable.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I had the opposite impression. I thought he sounded good/normal/expected. It was a brief press conference ... "topics he should push? He mostly answered questions from reporters after his brief opening remarks.

It was a good generic bland, say the right things everyone expects to hear type press conference.

Fire PR staff? Not a good start?

Idk man ... it was a brief press conf.
I did watch the presser as well I didn't really see anything big deal there.

Sep 19, 2008
shows you what stature this once proud franchise had with two owners who had deep ties to the redskins

they all grew up going to games watching

and now they will bring their strong values and morals to the table in washington. very exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad