OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Regular Season Thread -- Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
"Some owners aren't liked in their cities because their team is losing," the veteran owner explains. "That goes with the territory. Snyder isn't liked because of what he has done to that franchise, with all its history. The stadium is falling apart. The team is underperforming. He can't get a new stadium. There's no way out. ... He may have passed the point of no return."

When asked whether his fellow owners would forgive Snyder for the team's financial woes and the toxic culture scandal if Snyder could build a new stadium, the owner quickly replied, "Yes."

Asked if Snyder is aware of that, the owner said, "Yes."

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pretty damning piece but nothing really groundbreaking. The owners hate Dan, Roger hates Dan, the fans hate Dan, hell even Dan probably hates Dan, but he’s a narcissistic little weasel rat f*** who can’t fathom not being a part of the cool kids club so there’s no low too low for him and he’ll never sell. I think our only hope is that nobody flinches and he can’t secure funding for a new stadium which forces him to sell.

It really is close to impossible to continue wanting to root for this team.

I was going to paste something from this article, but then I read the next paragraph and wanted to paste that. And then the next. And the next.

Good lord, what a shitshow.

I'm inclined to believe just about everything stated here even though the sources aren't named. There are several, and the picture matches what we've seen in the past.

So either there's a vast, highly coordinated conspiracy to make Dan Snyder look bad or else he really is guilty of this behavior.

The league has had bad owners before and never needed to launch a CIA style media offensive and smear campaign to oust someone for poor attendance. So that dog doesn't hunt.

Smart money is on Snyder as a wannabe mafioso type, and his claims about every owner being that way are just projection.

Sep 19, 2008
THAT said, most of this isn't new other than Carson being Dan's pet project ALLEGEDLY, or Dan hiring private eyes for everyone including owners...but what was most disturbing as I posted before was the stadium situation. It used to be a shoo in that they'd get a new stadium in 2027 but that looks wary. Nobody wants to do business with him, even VA pulled out. AND THEIR GOVERNOR WAS OPENLY ENCOURAGING DAN TO BUILD A STADIUM THERE. Smh. Dan's ruined it.

I was at a Caps event the other day watching training camp. As I walked by someone blurted out "Because of Snyder I stopped following the team." He isn't alone. Many old people have given up on Washington. They were lifelong fans who grew up watching glory and 3 titles. When Snyder purchased the team they quit.

some didn't, but more often than not many did. And I wouldn't blame them. Me, unfortunately I was about 13 when he purchased the team. And I wouldn't follow them until 2000 when I was 15ish. So most of my sports memory is of Snyder and this crap.

I hope he is able to keep his promise to Rivera and stay hands off (it was reported that he appeared at Rivera's house and cried and was "remorseful" for his ways :laugh: and genuinely wanted a change) but if he orchestrated the Carson trade than that's a major lie. I'm wondering what else he's done for this team behind the scenes...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Pretty damning piece but nothing really groundbreaking. The owners hate Dan, Roger hates Dan, the fans hate Dan, hell even Dan probably hates Dan, but he’s a narcissistic little weasel rat f*** who can’t fathom not being a part of the cool kids club so there’s no low too low for him and he’ll never sell. I think our only hope is that nobody flinches and he can’t secure funding for a new stadium which forces him to sell.

It really is close to impossible to continue wanting to root for this team.

If the rest of the league didn't realize they need to be finding a way to unload this guy they should now.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
THAT said, most of this isn't new other than Carson being Dan's pet project ALLEGEDLY, or Dan hiring private eyes for everyone including owners...but what was most disturbing as I posted before was the stadium situation. It used to be a shoo in that they'd get a new stadium in 2027 but that looks wary. Nobody wants to do business with him, even VA pulled out. AND THEIR GOVERNOR WAS OPENLY ENCOURAGING DAN TO BUILD A STADIUM THERE. Smh. Dan's ruined it.

I was at a Caps event the other day watching training camp. As I walked by someone blurted out "Because of Snyder I stopped following the team." He isn't alone. Many old people have given up on Washington. They were lifelong fans who grew up watching glory and 3 titles. When Snyder purchased the team they quit.

some didn't, but more often than not many did. And I wouldn't blame them. Me, unfortunately I was about 13 when he purchased the team. And I wouldn't follow them until 2000 when I was 15ish. So most of my sports memory is of Snyder and this crap.

I hope he is able to keep his promise to Rivera and stay hands off (it was reported that he appeared at Rivera's house and cried and was "remorseful" for his ways :laugh: and genuinely wanted a change) but if he orchestrated the Carson trade than that's a major lie. I'm wondering what else he's done for this team behind the scenes...

Do you not believe Carson could be a Snyder project? Why the emphasis on "alleged?" Snyder projects are famously terrible and a black mark on every version of the regime.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
With discussions this year made public that the NFL wants to expand to 40 teams I’d say relocation is our best bet to get away from this shit stain. He’d likely relocate the team before selling if those were his options.

I’d honestly welcome the team relocating at this point. The Redskins are dead, Dan killed them, and what’s left of this franchise is a corpse that’s just rotting from within. They ruined the rebrand and Rivera is a joke. The fans are over it. They have the worst gate in the league and apathy is only increasing. There’s really nothing salvageable at this point. We’ll fire Ron in a year or two or he’ll quit and the job to coach this team will be less attractive than it’s ever been with all of the off-field nonsense and with a respected guy like Rivera having failed to turn it around.

Start fresh with a new owner who would likely be more successful in securing funding for a new stadium. Bury this franchise and start anew. f*** Dan Snyder forever.

Sep 19, 2008
Do you not believe Carson could be a Snyder project? Why the emphasis on "alleged?" Snyder projects are famously terrible and a black mark on every version of the regime.
The only reason I say alleged is that Dan is supposed to be off limits and "football people are supposed to be running the show". If Dan has meddled throughout this team and is why they're 1-4 I wouldn't be shocked, but it would contradict everything Rivera and Co have been doing

With discussions this year made public that the NFL wants to expand to 40 teams I’d say relocation is our best bet to get away from this shit stain. He’d likely relocate the team before selling if those were his options.

I’d honestly welcome the team relocating at this point. The Redskins are dead, Dan killed them, and what’s left of this franchise is a corpse that’s just rotting from within. They ruined the rebrand and Rivera is a joke. The fans are over it. They have the worst gate in the league and apathy is only increasing. There’s really nothing salvageable at this point. We’ll fire Ron in a year or two or he’ll quit and the job to coach this team will be less attractive than it’s ever been with all of the off-field nonsense and with a respected guy like Rivera having failed to turn it around.

Start fresh with a new owner who would likely be more successful in securing funding for a new stadium. Bury this franchise and start anew. f*** Dan Snyder forever.
The problem is Dan was born and raised in this area. He would never move the team.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
JFC that is a long article. I don't have all day. Sum it up, ESPN

The only reason I say alleged is that Dan is supposed to be off limits and "football people are supposed to be running the show". If Dan has meddled throughout this team and is why they're 1-4 I wouldn't be shocked, but it would contradict everything Rivera and Co have been doing
From the article:

Current and former team executives say Snyder is still far more involved running the club than most realize, imploring football decision-makers last March to trade for quarterback Carson Wentz -- despite a deal he made with Goodell in July 2021, when he was also fined $10 million, to give up day-to-day management to his wife, Tanya.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Sep 19, 2008
It's long but there's a lot of good reporting and dirt. Would recommend you take some time to scour over everything. His meddling has cost them a stadium, and nobody wants to do business with him. But the NFL can't vote him out cause he'll just snitch all the secrets he got from his PIs. And now it looks like other "congressional" factors may cause the investigation to end abruptly :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was going to paste something from this article, but then I read the next paragraph and wanted to paste that. And then the next. And the next.

Good lord, what a shitshow.

I'm inclined to believe just about everything stated here even though the sources aren't named. There are several, and the picture matches what we've seen in the past.

So either there's a vast, highly coordinated conspiracy to make Dan Snyder look bad or else he really is guilty of this behavior.

The league has had bad owners before and never needed to launch a CIA style media offensive and smear campaign to oust someone for poor attendance. So that dog doesn't hunt.

Smart money is on Snyder as a wannabe mafioso type, and his claims about every owner being that way are just projection.

Snyder comes off as a guy so inside his own bubble of delusion that he doesn't actually know how things work.

Some interesting phrasing from a former exec: "Dan thinks he knows stuff." That exec didn't seem convinced that what Dan knows is as grave as Danbag thinks.

Reports that he's lost Jerry are very interesting. I've long suspected that half of Jones' motivation for keeping Snyder around is to ensure it's a three team division.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The problem is Dan was born and raised in this area. He would never move the team.

Lol I have never believed for a second that Danbag isn't involved. He doesn't give a shit about the rules, and his wife being put in charge instead of neutral was blatantly a way for him to keep control. You think she isn't enacting his will?

Every single time Danbag is supposed to be finally uninvolved he contradicts it. Every time. He's never not involved.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Only thing about this article that's shocking to me is that ESPN didn't put it behind a paywall or into whatever they're calling their premium services these days.

I have many more thoughts but no time to type them. Suffice to say I think the guys a scumbag, and the team under his 'leadership' is a large part of why I'm no longer a football fan, after having grown up here as a fan through the 80s and early 90s.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Well-funded eh? Truly around the bend. Still a festering sore.

LOL as predicted. Right out of the narcissist playbook.

Why would NFL owners need to go through all this shit when they can just vote him out? Have they ever rallied to his side when this sort of thing has been released?

No?

Ok what's that tell us....smoke/fire.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Think we will see Dan dancing tonight? Its so painful to see how much of an awkward evil nerd he is.
SNY.0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad