OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Regular Season Thread -- Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Rivera..
Always smirking on the sidelines when they lose like he’s not responsible.

Toxic organization is toxic.
My thing about 2022 Riverjoke Ron, is that he's looked completely disengaged. At times, almost lifeless. He always wears dark glasses, and there's been times where he reminded me of the corpse from Weekend at Bernie's. They just need to gently lay a lit cigarette on his lower lip to make him look like he's still a living, alert coach..

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

For those who thought it was really about “Redskins”. People will always go find a new enemy and it won’t stop.

And it probably shouldn't stop. If I were of native descent, I may be miffed at the abhorrent treatment of my people before having their likeness snagged as a team mascot.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

For those who thought it was really about “Redskins”. People will always go find a new enemy and it won’t stop.
I always thought the tomahawk chop and chant they do in KC for the Chiefs and in Atlanta for the Braves was way grosser than the Redskins name and moniker. 80,000 people doing war chants with some wearing headgear and face paint is cringeworthy.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
He was dead here the second he was given GM power. It's the constant Skinbag Commodes cycle: Lackey stooge GM (Vinny), overpowered HC who sucks at GMing, Lackey stooge GM (allen), overpowered HC who sucks at GMing. Can't wait to see who the next lackey stooge is!

Until this team has a real, normal power structure that isn't built on some form of sycophancy so that Snyder only has to persuade a single person to follow a terrible idea, this is going to keep happening. I had no hope for Rivera because we've seen this before. We know how it goes, and his baseline was always lower than Shanahan's to begin with.
Nailed it.

Snyder seems like he can’t handle a strong managerial type like Rizzo with vision directly beneath him.

It’ll always be some f***ing toadie or a high profile coach who he then shits on as they walk out the door.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My thing about 2022 Riverjoke Ron, is that he's looked completely disengaged. At times, almost lifeless. He always wears dark glasses, and there's been times where he reminded me of the corpse from Weekend at Bernie's. They just need to gently lay a lit cigarette on his lower lip to make him look like he's still a living, alert coach..

I am stealing "Riverjoke" by the way.

"Down on the river, the boat was a-sinkin', We watched that Queen go under"

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nailed it.

Snyder seems like he can’t handle a strong managerial type like Rizzo with vision directly beneath him.

It’ll always be some f***ing toadie or a high profile coach who he then shits on as they walk out the door.

Dude operates on the Sith "Rule of Two"

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Nailed it.

How could it not be? What non-toadie would ever willingly come to this franchise at this point?

Conversely, I really don't know why any player - or fan - would want any part of this.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If they beat the Bears RR and pals will act like everyone is crazy for losing faith in a 1-4 team.

Then they'll drop another 4 in a row.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
How does this make the Redskins thing invalid?
Because for most people it’s less about “did that/is that really offensive” and much more about “who are we going to go after next, in order to woke signal to other and make ourselves feel good.”

How many people who ranted against the name, protested, went after sponsors, actually are participating in acts to help the current NA population? Are they helping with schools, alcoholism, work programs, etc…? Nope just blasting tweets about how evil the next sports team is, or screaming about how offended they are since they recently found out they are 1/64th Indian.

If they beat the Bears RR and pals will act like everyone is crazy for losing faith in a 1-4 team.

Then they'll drop another 4 in a row.
It’s almost guaranteed. Just like winning 3 out of the last 4 meaningless games to look like “they fixed it”

Year 4 of the RR rebuild here we come

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Because for most people it’s less about “did that/is that really offensive” and much more about “who are we going to go after next, in order to woke signal to other and make ourselves feel good.”

How many people who ranted against the name, protested, went after sponsors, actually are participating in acts to help the current NA population? Are they helping with schools, alcoholism, work programs, etc…? Nope just blasting tweets about how evil the next sports team is, or screaming about how offended they are since they recently found out they are 1/64th Indian.

What are you basing this on?

This story was about a local KC group, and the timing coincides with Indigenous Peoples' Day. It isn't some random pile-on.

Telling them to shut up and stop being opportunistic fakers on a day dedicated to their plight isn't a great look, is it?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
1665574336405.png

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
How much would Danny have to spend to get Sean Payton
We've already gone this route, with both Rivera and Shanahan. Turning the reigns over to a big name coach isn't what's required to save this franchise.

I'd be far more interested in what someone would have to pay to buy out Danny.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
We've already gone this route, with both Rivera and Shanahan. Turning the reigns over to a big name coach isn't what's required to save this franchise.

I'd be far more interested in what someone would have to pay to buy out Danny.

Joe Gibbs and Mike Shanahan (5 combined SB wins) have both come here, and the product on the field was largely still embarrassing for most of those 8 combined years. It doesn't matter who we bring in... a fish rots from the head, and a toxic owner will run a toxic team, and there's no individual on the planet who will be able to overcome those basic truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad