OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Regular Season Thread -- Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
What are you basing this on?

This story was about a local KC group, and the timing coincides with Indigenous Peoples' Day. It isn't some random pile-on.

Telling them to shut up and stop being opportunistic fakers on a day dedicated to their plight isn't a great look, is it?
I didn’t tell them to shut up. Just pointing out there will always be a next target no matter if it really is offensive or not.

My fault though shouldn’t have brought up a dead horse topic.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Honest question: which free agent signings from Ron and his brain trust have actually worked out? JD McKissic, Ronald Darby (for one season), Charles Leno…? Taylor Heinicke? Anyone else? They’ve had an atrocious track record for three years.

I’d give him JD. So he has that going for him

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Honest question: which free agent signings from Ron and his brain trust have actually worked out? JD McKissic, Ronald Darby (for one season), Charles Leno…? Taylor Heinicke? Anyone else? They’ve had an atrocious track record for three years.

Lucas, Thomas, Schweitzer, Deandre Carter .. Samuel if he continues to produce and we dont hold unavailable due to injury against him

The roster is pretty good imo. Thin at CB and LB w the starters not playing to an NFL starter level (Holcomb had his first good game last week)

Quarterback and coaching not figuring out how to harmonize the offense are the biggest downfalls imo

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I didn’t tell them to shut up. Just pointing out there will always be a next target no matter if it really is offensive or not.

My fault though shouldn’t have brought up a dead horse topic.

Complaining about these people speaking up is basically telling them to shut up. What were you suggesting instead?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Complaining about these people speaking up is basically telling them to shut up. What were you suggesting instead?
Just let it go already…it’s not PC to push back on or even question anyone who is “offended”….understood.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lucas, Thomas, Schweitzer, Deandre Carter .. Samuel if he continues to produce and we dont hold unavailable due to injury against him

The roster is pretty good imo. Thin at CB and LB w the starters not playing to an NFL starter level (Holcomb had his first good game last week)

Quarterback and coaching not figuring out how to harmonize the offense are the biggest downfalls imo
I thought about Lucas and Schweitzer but they’re backups and their impact has been limited. Thomas was a find before he got hurt. Samuel has not lived up to his paycheck.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I would easily bet on fields, who's sucked horribly so far, having a fantastic game against us tomorrow. It makes perfect sense

Sep 19, 2008
I would easily bet on fields, who's sucked horribly so far, having a fantastic game against us tomorrow. It makes perfect sense
we made trubisky look stellar in the MNF game a few years back lol

they always shine against us. these mediocre QBs' that is. Still recall Jameis and the Saints beating the WFT...AT HOME. I was there when receivers broke free at the end of the first half, and caught a hail mary. You all will remember it was one of the worst defensive plays of all time, no one made an effort to stop the receiver from catching the ball

Sep 19, 2008

For those who thought it was really about “Redskins”. People will always go find a new enemy and it won’t stop.
I firmly believe Indians and Redskins should be the last two names to change. Chiefs, Blackhawks, and Braves are NOT offensive and should not be changed. The argument is that Native Americans shouldn't be used to profit their likeness of, but they aren't, and in the case of Blackhawks the team actively tributes and supports NA initiatives.

I was under the impression that Redskins was a "slur" at least considered by many "experts", and Indians was very old fashioned as a term, so those were easy changes. The rest of them? Not so much. Ask any true Chiefs fan about the name. They'll tell you it has nothing to do with NA imagery.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Pretty damning piece but nothing really groundbreaking. The owners hate Dan, Roger hates Dan, the fans hate Dan, hell even Dan probably hates Dan, but he’s a narcissistic little weasel rat f*** who can’t fathom not being a part of the cool kids club so there’s no low too low for him and he’ll never sell. I think our only hope is that nobody flinches and he can’t secure funding for a new stadium which forces him to sell.

It really is close to impossible to continue wanting to root for this team.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ask any true Chiefs fan about the name. They'll tell you it has nothing to do with NA imagery.
What on Earth?

Their logo is an arrowhead (as in their stadium's nickname), they have fans that show up in feathered head dresses, their crowds do the "Tomahawk chop" chant during games, and they were named after "Chief" H Roe Bartle (a white dude who stylized himself after native american leaders and created a native american-themed boy scout troup before referring to himself as "Chief").

I'm not going to weigh in on the name change controversy in this post, but claiming that the Chiefs name has "nothing to do with NA imagery" is outright fictitious.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Pretty damning piece but nothing really groundbreaking. The owners hate Dan, Roger hates Dan, the fans hate Dan, hell even Dan probably hates Dan, but he’s a narcissistic little weasel rat f*** who can’t fathom not being a part of the cool kids club so there’s no low too low for him and he’ll never sell. I think our only hope is that nobody flinches and he can’t secure funding for a new stadium which forces him to sell.

It really is close to impossible to continue wanting to root for this team.

It confirms what has been speculated. He will scratch, claw and pull hair to keep his team.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
It confirms what has been speculated. He will scratch, claw and pull hair to keep his team.
Yeah I think many have felt that when quietly behind the scenes some other owner approached Snyder about possibly selling the team in the interest of the league as a whole his response was something like ‘I will burn this motherf***er to the ground before I let anyone take it from me and I’ll take all of you with me while doing it because you know I’ve got shit on all of you.’ So that was the end of that conversation…

Sep 19, 2008
What on Earth?

Their logo is an arrowhead (as in their stadium's nickname), they have fans that show up in feathered head dresses, their crowds do the "Tomahawk chop" chant during games, and they were named after "Chief" H Roe Bartle (a white dude who stylized himself after native american leaders and created a native american-themed boy scout troup before referring to himself as "Chief").

I'm not going to weigh in on the name change controversy in this post, but claiming that the Chiefs name has "nothing to do with NA imagery" is outright fictitious.
Fans coming into the stadium as NA warriors was banned

Sep 19, 2008
1665664534596.png

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What dirt could Snyder possibly have on these parasites that would make headlines? That they all have underage sex slaves that they bring to an island and have their way with? We already know that!

Sep 19, 2008
Snyder orchestrated the trade for Wentz allegedly so if it backfires it's on him

Yes, as a reaction to negative publicity and not because the team's branding and history has nothing to do with NA imagery.
The only damn thing controersial about the Chiefs is the tomahawk chop which I agree with everyone should be eliminated. Everything else is fine.

And that's all I has to say; as this is a Washington Commander thread.

Now back to reading more of the Snyder article. :)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What dirt could Snyder possibly have on these parasites that would make headlines? That they all have underage sex slaves that they bring to an island and have their way with? We already know that!

Let's read the tea leaves.

Why would Snyder suddenly cave on the team name at a time he was being pressured for other ethical wrongdoing? It's not a directly related item so why pick that thing, at that time? There's no guarantee or even a suggestion that a name change would fix the problems he was facing.

But one thing it would do is get him ahead of the curve on any racially charged attacks against NFL owners. At least in his mind. Maybe.

If he has "dirt" on various owners blackballing Kaep, or refusing to hire black coaches, he can leak that shit and act like the only guy in the room who's done the right thing.

Are his exec hires "token"? Hard to say. But what would someone in Snyder's position do if he were sending a message to the owners that he was covering his own ass so they'd better be ready to play ball?

Look at the Gruden stuff that came out. Was that a warning shot? The timing was pretty sus, iirc.

Really makes you think.

The only damn thing controersial about the Chiefs is the tomahawk chop which I agree with everyone should be eliminated. Everything else is fine.

Yeah I can't imagine why Chiefs fans have that chop. It's a mystery.

Sep 19, 2008
In his pitch for a Washington Super Bowl, Snyder spent as much time extolling the virtues of FedEx Field as he did "tearing down Arizona and the Bidwills personally," an owner recalls. After the Bidwills and Arizona won a secret ballot, Snyder "began yelling at everybody," angrily telling owners they had made "a big mistake," an owner says. "Other owners were floored. ... He got off on the wrong foot. And not much has changed since then."

The mental image of "Little" Dan whining is hilarious, LIKE A CHILD! SAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad