OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 3 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Also are you really that stupid to ask professional, licensed massage therapists? Like what the hell

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
They should just go all-in on being the heels of the NFL:

-Keep JDR and give him an open mic after every game and practice.

-Go back to being the R*dskins and just make the fight song the really offensive Native American war cry where you bring your hand back and forth to your mouth.

-Sign Ndamukong Suh and other dirtbags.

-Make FedEx Field even more dangerous by adding those trap doors where tigers pop out like in the movie Gladiator.

-Give every fan a laser pointer upon entry to the stadium.

Etc.

Go back to when the fight song said "scalp em, swamp em"

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Man this Watson stuff is crazy, he might be out of football for 2 straight years during his prime. I’ll never understand, could probably get any girl he wanted feeding him grapes from a vine
That might be among the problems lol….he might not want one girl, he might not want any woman, and/or could only want the gratification.

oh to peer into that mind in therapy…..

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Only Cleveland could be SO QB-toxic they'd trade for a guy like DW who may not ever play a game for them.

Their QB fails are actually going in reverse.
Makes me wonder if the NFL will no longer allow contracts that protect a player from being penalized financially.

this 24th lawsuit could be the key….

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
We believe fundamentally different things about both Jan 6 and the protests of that summer after George Floyd’s murder and those differences won’t be resolved over a few posts on a hockey message board so let’s agree to disagree and move on.
I think our only difference in opinion is you think the Jan 6th Congressional Committee will accomplish something and I think it’s political theater with no legal purpose.

The people involved in the Jan 6th riots are being prosecuted, as they should be.

The automatic merging of posts is dumb.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, everything Ron says about culture and accountability is nonsense nobody, especially players, should take seriously so long as he's letting his currently failed DC run wild without consequence.

The Snyders might not be able to let that go. It doesn't take a braingenius to realize the team having a guy spouting soft support for the people who wanted to murder Congress, while under investigation by Congress, is poor.

This team will never change. I said it when Ron was hired, they already tried this whole song and dance with Shanahan. It's not going to work. It will never work.

Reactions: tycoonheart

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1654715132661.png

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
when will guys like JDR learn to “stay in his lane” lol….give all these geniuses…athletes included, a voice with social media and some will just hang themselves….

JDR should have the self awareness at his age, to know he shouldn’t be stepping in front of things like this. It’s foolish to even draw the flak….

Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
when will guys like JDR learn to “stay in his lane” lol….give all these geniuses…athletes included, a voice with social media and some will just hang themselves….

JDR should have the self awareness at his age, to know he shouldn’t be stepping in front of things like this. It’s foolish to even draw the flak….
Yeah, it's gonna be kinda' tough for him to come out and appear as some kind of grown up the next time one of his players (either here, or, highly unlikely, somewhere else as a HC) goes and beclowns themselves on social media.
"Yeah, I had a talk with (xx) and told him that his job is football, and not to get distracted and sucked in by social media drama."
"How'd that end, coach?"
"With him changing his pants after he pissed himself laughing."

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Only Cleveland could be SO QB-toxic they'd trade for a guy like DW who may not ever play a game for them.

Their QB fails are actually going in reverse.
It kinda' warms the heart to know that there's a team out there more QB-****ed than we are. I'm too lazy to do the research, but if they can't get relief for Watson and haven't been able to trade Mayfield, the amount of cap space taken up by the QB position while having Jacoby Freaking Brissett as their starter might be the all-time worst self-inflicted cap wound.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If he didn't mention the police protests I think it would have just been an old man being a crank and would be forgiveable. After all, who actually likes Congress!

But you just know that JDR is wearing out the "n" and the "g" keys on his keyboard while posting on Stormfront at 3 in the morning when instead he should be going on Wikipedia and learning what a blitz is.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If he didn't mention the police protests I think it would have just been an old man being a crank and would be forgiveable. After all, who actually likes Congress!

But you just know that JDR is wearing out the "n" and the "g" keys on his keyboard while posting on Stormfront at 3 in the morning when instead he should be going on Wikipedia and learning what a blitz is.
I don’t know that it needs to get that extreme that we need conspiracy theories about the heights (or lows) of his ideals….he’s just a fool.

Reactions: CaptainAmerica

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If Jack Del Rio single-handedly stops public funding for a new stadium, then respect to him.

I don't think we can rule out that he's just a very responsible citizen who doesn't want to see a billionaire's plaything get public funds, and in order to accomplish his goal he needs to pretend to be an avid /pol/ reader.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

FOX News-Brain is real, bruh

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think our only difference in opinion is you think the Jan 6th Congressional Committee will accomplish something and I think it’s political theater with no legal purpose.

The people involved in the Jan 6th riots are being prosecuted, as they should be.

Those are some pretty big assumptions. It's the government, why would I have any faith that the Committee will be able to accomplish anything of substance? Me thinking it's important to uncover at all levels what happened and me thinking anyone other than your average Joe without any political capital will face real consequences are two different things.

Reactions: CaptainAmerica

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

Well, IMHO a little political theater is warranted when a substantial faction of the other side has devolved into a pro-coup, anti-democracy fervor

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
That might be among the problems lol….he might not want one girl, he might not want any woman, and/or could only want the gratification.

oh to peer into that mind in therapy…..
Am I the only one looking at this situation and going, "if a new guy starts in my office and everybody knows he's addicted to rub-down joints, he's not getting invited to a,lot of work-buddy barbeques"?
Reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy joke, "Nah, bro, you ain't gotta shake my hand..."

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
There’s a reason there’s a no politics rule on this thread. The discussion here has been mainly cordial and it’s directly related to the organization so there’s been some leeway afforded but do not get personal with other posters and do not take this down a rabbit hole. We’ll be locking this topic up shortly.

Reactions: g00n

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The discussion is no longer cordial?

In other news:

I would think McLaurin would get less than Kupp.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I thought keeping the WFT name was a no brainer and way better than the new name. What do actual Commanders fans think?

I like the WFT name in theory, but in actual practice it was a fustercluck. Announcers tripped over it all the time, referring to a team in-game as "football team" sounds weird and can be a little confusing, the half measure seemed to make people mess up and say "Redskins" by accident instead of being able to say another name... It was a mess. So I'm glad Football Team is over.

As for Commanders... *shrug*. I mean, who REALLY gives a shit? We've discussed all the reasons it's a problematic name, but none of those things are huge problems. It's fine. Whatever.

And the whole "Redskins" controversy... *shrug*. If "Only 10% of Native Americans are bothered by it!" then that's still, what? Hundreds of thousands of people? If it bugs that many people, I'm okay changing it. There's nothing about the imagery I'll miss. My memories of this team are way more about the players, games, big moments, and championships. None of it has anything to do with the name or iconography. What's really lost? The fight song? I can live without it.

The new mascot might be a pig? After decades of being able to embrace the Hogs in this way, they choose a moment in team history where the organization is being (pretty rightfully) labelled as creeps and sexual harassers to start referring to themselves as pigs? Brilliant.

This f***ing team...

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad