OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 3 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Scott McLoughan had some good words for Fields-Castro earlier this summer

Hopefully that is a good sign
DC was 11th in waive order so 10 other teams passed on him. If he can provide solid depth and teams play it’s a win.

On another topic, 50 mil a year to play a game is pretty ridiculous. At some point the bubble will pop in these contracts. The NBA will be first.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why waive Mayo to re-tread …..errrrr…… re-sign him? What’s the damned point?
If we knew anything about the game we’d be in it.

Seriously though, I think a fatal flaw with Ron is how good of a dude he is. It doesn’t seem he’s capable of being ruthless and purely objective when it comes to making personnel decisions which is how you to have to be at that level. He has so many retreads, I think, because he develops relationships and really cares for them as people and wants to give them chances to succeed. Unfortunately for us he’s not in the friendship business and it costs him results on the field.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
DC was 11th in waive order so 10 other teams passed on him. If he can provide solid depth and teams play it’s a win.

On another topic, 50 mil a year to play a game is pretty ridiculous. At some point the bubble will pop in these contracts. The NBA will be first.

What bubble exactly? As long as the revenues are there, the players in both the NFL and NBA will continue to get their bags.

you’ll get the occasional CBA renegotiations but it won’t be a big reset like the NHL had…

Reactions: CaptainAmerica

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If we knew anything about the game we’d be in it.

Seriously though, I think a fatal flaw with Ron is how good of a dude he is. It doesn’t seem he’s capable of being ruthless and purely objective when it comes to making personnel decisions which is how you to have to be at that level. He has so many retreads, I think, because he develops relationships and really cares for them as people and wants to give them chances to succeed. Unfortunately for us he’s not in the friendship business and it costs him results on the field.

Except with Haskins. I think Ron is a "character" guy and he didn't like Haskins' attitude or habits.

Character coaches value, and show, loyalty to their own kind but everyone else gets a quick boot.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What bubble exactly? As long as the revenues are there, the players in both the NFL and NBA will continue to get their bags.

you’ll get the occasional CBA renegotiations but it won’t be a big reset like the NHL had…
The bubble could be a number of things. The NBA owners have to come to their senses at some point with non-super star players like Bradley Beal getting outrageous contracts. Regardless of revenues. Players in the NBA and NFL not getting 50 mil a year at some point might want the money spread more evenly. And if there is a work stoppage they could make things interesting. Then there is us the fans who might get tired of seeing grown men getting payed absurd money to play a sport. A lot of mights.

On another topic:

Curl with a busted thumb is not great. He may miss 2-4 games to start the season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The bubble could be a number of things. The NBA owners have to come to their senses at some point with non-super star players like Bradley Beal getting outrageous contracts. Regardless of revenues. Players in the NBA and NFL not getting 50 mil a year at some point might want the money spread more evenly. And if there is a work stoppage they could make things interesting. Then there is us the fans who might get tired of seeing grown men getting payed absurd money to play a sport. A lot of mights.

I see, more rich athlete jealously. Why shouldn’t the athletes get rich when the team owners are making even more?

There’s a full pie of revenue to be split.

Leonsis wasn’t forced to by gunpoint to pay Beal.

Reactions: CaptainAmerica

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

What does this deal mean for the broader NFL quarterback market?

Nothing good. Wilson coming in under $50 million a year and not even sniffing Deshaun Watson's guarantee number is just unequivocally bad for every other big quarterback contract (and, by extension, every other NFL player contract) to come.

If I'm Lamar Jackson right now, I'm texting Wilson, "Dude! You're killing me!" Wilson did the Broncos a huge favor here, and the Ravens, the Bengals, the Chargers and anyone else who's eyeing a big quarterback negotiation over the next 12 months can send him thank-you notes as well. Like Kyler Murray and Derek Carr before him, and Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes... heck, everybody but Kirk Cousins before them, Wilson declined to push the envelope on guarantees.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

What does this deal mean for the broader NFL quarterback market?

Nothing good. Wilson coming in under $50 million a year and not even sniffing Deshaun Watson's guarantee number is just unequivocally bad for every other big quarterback contract (and, by extension, every other NFL player contract) to come.

If I'm Lamar Jackson right now, I'm texting Wilson, "Dude! You're killing me!" Wilson did the Broncos a huge favor here, and the Ravens, the Bengals, the Chargers and anyone else who's eyeing a big quarterback negotiation over the next 12 months can send him thank-you notes as well. Like Kyler Murray and Derek Carr before him, and Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes... heck, everybody but Kirk Cousins before them, Wilson declined to push the envelope on guarantees.
Wilson took less so his team could have the wiggle room to resign and sign good players. What a dick.

Reactions: Corby78

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

So this has launched. Already dropped some coin on it. Going to be trouble.

It's a combo of daily fantasy and Madden MUT style team building. You buy or bid on player cards of various rarities, buy and open or sell packs, etc. Then you can enter contests all season without additional fees per contest, based on the rarity conditions (5 Core, 1 Core and 4 Rare, etc).

I'm in deep shit.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

So this has launched. Already dropped some coin on it. Going to be trouble.

It's a combo of daily fantasy and Madden MUT style team building. You buy or bid on player cards of various rarities, buy and open or sell packs, etc. Then you can enter contests all season without additional fees per contest, based on the rarity conditions (5 Core, 1 Core and 4 Rare, etc).

I'm in deep shit.
There’s one born every minute. ;)

I refuse to even check it out. It took some personal pain to retire from fantasy sports….no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad