OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
DC fans should know by now they're stuck with Snyder. All these allegations and he still keeps his team. :laugh: You just hope he doesn't meddle and lets football people do their jobs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

It's a highlight vid so hard to judge the full body of work. I don't know the guy prior to seeing this and first impression is has very good "late" hands and makes contested catches in traffic. Not sure how much of a true vertical threat he is because almost all the clips are possession situations and he's jumping for the ball with little YAC most of the time. Not clear if that's a habit, a necessity, or something else.

If taken at the right time could be a good pick.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA

It's a highlight vid so hard to judge the full body of work. I don't know the guy prior to seeing this and first impression is has very good "late" hands and makes contested catches in traffic. Not sure how much of a true vertical threat he is because almost all the clips are possession situations and he's jumping for the ball with little YAC most of the time. Not clear if that's a habit, a necessity, or something else.

Those contested catches will be harder on NFL secondaries. Nothing about his highlights are exciting. I’m for either Stingley Jr or Hamilton.

We need some weapons in the secondary. Pick up a WR in the later rounds.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
DC fans should know by now they're stuck with Snyder. All these allegations and he still keeps his team. :laugh: You just hope he doesn't meddle and lets football people do their jobs.
Uh, his doing that is FAR less likely than his losing the team.
In fact, I'd argue it's less likely than Putin apologizing to Ukraine and giving Crimea back as a gesture of goodwill.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’m watching the USFL. It is what it is. Minor league football. Having said that, I hope it works this time. Football needs a minor league for development and one of these leagues lasting more than one season could lead to decent football.u

The announcer says the teams have only had three weeks to prepare for the season. It looks like it.

Also, Tampa Bay Bandits are my team. The original team was co-owned by Burt Reynolds. Good reason to root for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Those contested catches will be harder on NFL secondaries. Nothing about his highlights are exciting. I’m for either Stingley Jr or Hamilton.

We need some weapons in the secondary. Pick up a WR in the later rounds.
If Hamilton is there at 11, they need to put the card in as soon as they stop peeing themselves with glee. Which means they'll take a 3rd rd.-rated DT becasue they lost their depth.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I’m watching the USFL. It is what it is. Minor league football. Having said that, I hope it works this time. Football needs a minor league for development and one of these leagues lasting more than one season could lead to decent football.
I hate that they're pretending the teams represent cities when they're all based in and playing in one location. But that's actually the one thing that might give it a chance to succeed.
Terrific read on ESPN about the WFL -- it was the lack of solid ownership league-wide that sunk it.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I hate that they're pretending the teams represent cities when they're all based in and playing in one location. But that's actually the one thing that might give it a chance to succeed.
Terrific read on ESPN about the WFL -- it was the lack of solid ownership league-wide that sunk it.
Yeah that’s cheesy but they are some of the original team names. Nice nostalgia.

The little drone zipping around in the sideline shot, and the noise it makes, is gonna take some getting used to.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014

Terrible scheme, no other receiving threats and a QB who hadn't recovered from a broken collar bone suffered at the end of the previous season. There's a reason Clay Helton was tossed out the door so early in the season. He's not going to take the top off a defense, but he does a fantastic job of route running, finding open space underneath and separating while the ball is in the air. Would be a good complement to McLaurin, who needs to prove that he's worth the huge price tag he's asking this season, cause he's not top 10 at the position right now imo.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Right now I prefer Wilson over London if its going to be a receiver.

Better vid production quality but also a wider skillset. Looks like a true WR1 or WR2, whereas I see London as a better career slot guy, all at first glance.

Sep 19, 2008
Uh, his doing that is FAR less likely than his losing the team.
In fact, I'd argue it's less likely than Putin apologizing to Ukraine and giving Crimea back as a gesture of goodwill.
It's going on right now and has been going on for 2 years since Rivera has been in charge

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Better vid production quality but also a wider skillset. Looks like a true WR1 or WR2, whereas I see London as a better career slot guy, all at first glance.
When I watch London's highlights I keep thinking like he's a tight end shorter gains moving the chains type receiver.

Reactions: g00n

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
That was the offense. They didn't run deep routes the last couple of years. It was baby's first air raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad