Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals Hire Peter Laviolette to be 19th Head Coach in Franchise History

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
They're also apparently eating everything on Nashville's side, so that's surprising.

Jun 15, 2007
Babcock's deal with the Leafs had 3x5.25m left.

So I guess it doesn't fully rule out them being cheap but hopefully Ted isn't picking coaches based on 500k a year.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Congrats Caps fans, getting Lavy is a really solid hire. You obviously have a very talented roster and your window is still wide open. Lavy can bring a new excitement to a team like few others can and especially with a short contract like this one, he won't get tuned out like it happened with us.

I really expect some success for you guys in the next 3 years. Cheers from a big Lavy guy.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I wanted the Caps to hire Lavi over Trots years ago.

tenor.gif

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
At his salary and the timing of the hire you are confused if you think hands won’t be all over the roster
His salary isn’t particularly noteworthy compared to coaches hired in the past several years. This is less than Vigneault, McLellan, Quenville, etc. Hell, Ralph Krueger is getting $3.9M from Edmonton.

Trotz was hired simultaneously to MacLellan, and he didn’t get to make roster decisions. NHL head coaches aren’t like Bill Bellicheck in the NFL. They may be asked to provide input, but they aren’t the ones making roster choices.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
And helping young players reach their full potential. Found that inclusion interesting.
Didn’t really work out for Kevin Fiala under Laviolette.

(To be clear, Laviolette was still my preferred candidate, but I don’t think any coach is ever going to guarantee the success of young players and I think far too much has been pinned on the previous coaching staff for the development of Vrana)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00