Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I do ask. It's not a static pp. The problem that I see is that the pk is taking the shooting lanes away from Ovechkin and Carlson and denying Oshie the puck. The know the halfwall rw player isn't a threat. The only fix I see is to make that halfwall rw player a threat

They have plenty of answers strategy wise when teams overplay Ovi or JC, but none of the X's and O's matters much if their passing isn't crisp, they lack urgency along the walls, etc. If teams want to overplay Ovi, he can hang out by the left goalpost, they can rotate him up to the point, etc, we've seen them do plenty of schematic things. The sad PP is a symptom of their overall Give-a-Shit level of effort. When they start playing hard for 60 minutes they will get more PPs and more chances means more goals.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They have plenty of answers strategy wise when teams overplay Ovi or JC, but none of the X's and O's matters much if their passing isn't crisp, they lack urgency along the walls, etc. If teams want to overplay Ovi, he can hang out by the left goalpost, they can rotate him up to the point, etc, we've seen them do plenty of schematic things. The sad PP is a symptom of their overall Give-a-Shit level of effort. When they start playing hard for 60 minutes they will get more PPs and more chances means more goals.

Or. Its and. The are not overplaying but are taking their shooting lanes away. The shot that is there it s Backstrom because that guy is denying the pass to Oshie

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
what I’m reading is you’re saying Ovy can’t get a good clear shot without introducing a threat on the other side. This goes back to a previous conversation.....When he’s not moving his feet and getting into the shooting positions the D do give (they can’t cover everything), he makes himself an easier cover from a defensive perspective IMO.

a threat on the opposite side would help but they still need more movement IMO.

I see him moving blue line to goal post. There is a guy watching all of that

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I see him moving blue line to goal post. There is a guy watching all of that

well as with all things....age helps contribute to not being able to getting your shot off. I think he can be a lot more active to help alleviate the pressure, or at least be in position to take what the coverage gives.....they can’t cover everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad