GDT: WARNING: PHILADELPHIA (7PM)

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Love the Clerks idea. We can work with the rooftop hockey scenes (I think one of the guys wears a Pens jersey?).

Maybe the 36 d***s jokes could be likened to our abysmal goal differential (which was -37, damn that’s close! lol)
I was thinking the same.

Goal differential followed by "try not to let in any more goals on your way through the parking lot", kind of just the general "f*** it who cares" vibe of a team that has no real competitive aspiration and is kind of just here to f*** around on the clock for a few more games.

We're bulletproof, this has got to be the most painless playoff series in years based on how we got here, so let's go double birds to everyone and relish in how far we basically got while slacking.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
I feel just a little bad that it was Hathaway who fell down and gave Oshie the clear shot on the ENG but considering Detroit eliminated them moments after, I don't feel too bad. :)

• Haha
Reactions: kicksavedave

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
So what is the value of JC right now? Would we entertain him going elsewhere this off-season?

2 years left on his contract, would seem like the right time. But how the heck do we replace him, and Ovi's pursuit of 895 needs him.

• Wow

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
So what is the value of JC right now? Would we entertain him going elsewhere this off-season?

2 years left on his contract, would seem like the right time. But how the heck do we replace him, and Ovi's pursuit of 895 needs him.

Carlson is not going anywhere. He is in the triumvirate with 8 and 19. Number prob going up in the rafters when all is said and done.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Kudos to the boys. Carbery too. Awesome job making the playoffs with the state this roster is in.

What about something involving “sellers” for the playoff avatars?

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Kudos to the boys. Carbery too. Awesome job making the playoffs with the state this roster is in.

What about something involving “sellers” for the playoff avatars?
housemoney.png

Attachments

• housemoney_small.png
    housemoney_small.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia

That response is fair enough. It's not the time given the great success of yesterday which we all enjoyed. However, we are a bubble team with a rebuild of some sort imminent.

A good GM will explore all scenarios and remain agile, rather than wait until it's too late for the sake of blind loyalty. I trust BMac and think he is a very good GM. Maybe we don't have to bottom out for years like some teams do if we are smart.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Still feels good this morning. I love that Ovi's final years include some playoff snaps, and that the new kids can get their feet wet - better than moving up a few spots in the draft. Any chance we will see Lenny??

Oh and Ovi has been spotted in Dubai. Rehab should be complete and him back on his way home.
1713348102478.jpeg

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
All Capitals-related attention will now turn to Leonard’s next move after the loss. Will the 19-year-old first-round draft selection sign an entry-level contract with the Capitals and forego the rest of his college career or will he return to BC’s campus for a sophomore season?

We NEED him but it appears highly unlikely.

What an odd coaching game. Carbs could Hunter down and play for the empty net panic move by Torts which I can't ever recall being a likely strategy for a coach.

Final thought on Dylans assist. That is exactly what I would do as a lunkhead out there. Shoot/pass it as hard as possible at our best player at every chance.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Tanker here. What a depressing night.

Oh well. At least OV got his 30 goals, and we finally unloaded Mantha. So not a complete waste of
a season.

We're just delaying the inevitable. We didn't tank this year, so we're going to tank hard in the upcoming years. Its inevitable.

Looking forward to the NBA draft and the Wizards beginning their rebuild. Now there's a team with a bright future.

I don't know what to say to a depressing bot first thing in the morning after the Caps defied all the odds and make the f***ing playoffs. Anything can happen in the POs...anything. It means at least 4 more Caps games and the youngins gain more experience at a minimum. Please go be miserable elsewhere.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
What an odd coaching game. Carbs could Hunter down and play for the empty net panic move by Torts which I can't ever recall being a likely strategy for a coach.

Final thought on Dylans assist. That is exactly what I would do as a lunkhead out there. Shoot/pass it as hard as possible at our best player at every chance.
D-Mac. Plays 2 games and becomes an instant Caps legend. Not since Nathan Walker fed Chiasson for a goal in G6 vs Pens has there been such a pluck from obscurity.

And yes, we are playing a variant of Hunter hockey, except Dale care less about whether the unit was connected, as long as everyone stayed with their man. The difference is that Ovie is completely bought into what Carbs is doing

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
D-Mac. Plays 2 games and becomes an instant Caps legend. Not since Nathan Walker fed Chiasson for a goal in G6 vs Pens has there been such a pluck from obscurity.

And yes, we are playing a variant of Hunter hockey, except Dale care less about whether the unit was connected, as long as everyone stayed with their man. The difference is that Ovie is completely bought into what Carbs is doing
Dale probably made it easier on Carbs to sell to Ovi. Another difference is that players are aggressively shooting at empty nets to finish off opponents instead of god fearing an icing and defensive zone faceoff. Ovi approves. Players LOVE to pad the stats and finish opponents at the same time.

In Dale's defense, the league has changed and back then it was normal to get to center before the shot. But it was painful to watch with Ovi out there puck on his stick, his chances of missing that open net were closer to nil than anyone in our history, and him doing a weak clear. All of those weak ass clears were painful to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad