g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR: A COUPLE OF GUYS WHO ARE UP TO NO GOOD

1713260799360.gif

eJ1417.gif

backydance smalll.gif

Jun 15, 2007
Elliot Fridman said that since the Flyers need a reguation win, if the game is tied with two minutes left they have to pull the goalie to try to score. Which means we can clinch on an Ovie empty net GWG. Please god let this happen.

We are starting this game up 0.5 goals essentially.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Caps sold at the deadline and yet now control their own destiny in making the playoffs in the last game of the season. The best of both worlds?

Yes, it would have been less stress-inducing if they had won some of those recent games they "should" have won and clinched earlier. But... are we not entertained?

I was thinking of trying to find tickets to tonight's game, but we haven't actually found a babysitter yet, so I'll be watching at home with a 2.5 month old strapped to my chest. And I'll have to wear one of my old slop jerseys in case he spits up during the game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone going up to Philly tonight?
Into the lair of the Hivemind?! Hard pass….

….seriously though, long ago I once went to a game in Philly with another regular here, both of us wearing a Caps jersey’s and we actually sat in the Comcast suite, eating and drinking….my buddy wearing a Kieth Jones Caps (#26?), but he was working on the Flyers broadcast team. He came into the suite to eat between periods, and we briefly met him. Nice moment to see him recognize my buddy was wearing his Caps sweater. We ended up losing that game, but the crowd was vocal, but civil to us.

This game is going to be a hostile environment. No way I would go tonight as an opposing fan.

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Into the lair of the Hivemind?! Hard pass….

….seriously though, long ago I once went to a game in Philly with another regular here, both of us wearing a Caps jersey’s and we actually sat in the Comcast suite, eating and drinking….my buddy wearing a Kieth Jones Caps (#26?), but he was working on the Flyers broadcast team. He came into the suite to eat between periods, and we briefly met him. Nice moment to see him recognize my buddy was wearing his Caps sweater. We ended up losing that game, but the crowd was vocal, but civil to us.

This game is going to be a hostile environment. No way I would go tonight as an opposing fan.

I've been to multiple Caps games here in Philly (including the infamous game last year where both Backstrom and Wilson came back after injuries, which IIRC preceded a long losing streak). I've always had a good time, and it's a fun/raucous crowd, but yeah--I wouldn't wear a Caps jersey to those games.

To be fair, I've seen plenty of Caps jerseys in the stands, and I've never seen anyone wearing a Caps jersey get harassed in the stadium or on Septa. That said, forever ago, I wore my Quintin Laing Hershey Bears jersey to the very last game at the Spectrum (Phantoms vs Bears), and an angry/drunk Phantoms fan threatened to beat me up while I was waiting in line in the bathroom.

1713275950081.png

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
This is a great scenario IMO. They've been competitive through 82 games. More than i anticipated. Now they handle their own destiny, win and it’s 3-game winning streak suddenly and you are in. Lose and you are out but atleast i don't have to suffer through lame tank games. If they lose this, i'll need a break from Caps hockey anyways.

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Why would anyone want to go to that gigantic crap hole.

Imagine living there
I was born in Baltimore, raised outside of Annapolis, went to college at Salisbury on the MD Eastern Shore, lived in downtown Silver Spring (pre-"Silver Sprung") for two years, lived in Mt. Pleasant for 10 years, have been lifelong Caps fan, and was a STH from 2006-2010, after which I moved to South Philadelphia, where I've been ever since.

It's a great city. I love living here. In particular, it's nice being able to... afford things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad