GDT: WARNING: PHILADELPHIA (7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We get a couple of days off which is great. Either Saturday or Sunday.

Oshie and Malenstyn need a rest probably with everyone else. but forwards should be healthy.

I would suspect Sandin and Jensen will be ready to go for the weekend.

I think we keep McIlrath as 7th Dee and send Iorio and Johansen down to Hershey.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
We get a couple of days off which is great. Either Saturday or Sunday.

Oshie and Malenstyn need a rest probably with everyone else. but forwards should be healthy.

I would suspect Sandin and Jensen will be ready to go for the weekend.

I think we keep McIlrath as 7th Dee and send Iorio and Johansen down to Hershey.
It is playoff time only like the legit injuries are missing games.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
We won 2 must-win elimination games played back to back by scoring 1 goal in each game against the opposing team’s goalie. Suck on it hockey know-it-alls.
Well, or, we can look at it like they gave up 1 goal in 120 min of hockey including about 5 min of 5 on 6. Who'd have thought the defense and goal tending would carry them into the playoffs. 👍

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I feel like one thing to take away from this playoff race is how important Carlson is and has been to this team. Obviously he can have his bad times and his gaffes, but I think we’ve been pretty spoiled to have a D-man for this many years who can put up these points and play all these minutes. Those types of players don’t grow on trees.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I feel like one thing to take away from this playoff race is how important Carlson is and has been to this team. Obviously he can have his bad times and his gaffes, but I think we’ve been pretty spoiled to have a D-man for this many years who can put up these points and play all these minutes. Those types of players don’t grow on trees.
I have been critical at times. But we definitely take him for granted.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
SAK had a big ole bag of coke on him for sure.

He gives me the vibe of an 80s themed Narcos shows on netflix.

Watching the engine that could Oshie score that ENG was awesome. He was determined to get that.

Indeed, without Carlson they are done. He scored critical GWGs in the end.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
We still partying in here? Because I am.

Kind of. I'm about to head back to bed. Had to read the mains whining posts. I love it now folks want the current system to change. If that's what it takes to get rid of 3 on 3 OT and the shootout, so be it! I doubt it though because the league had a sellout type season.

Reactions: kicksavedave

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
We still partying in here? Because I am.
Hell, I'm just starting, got to watch the last ~15 minutes on my lunch, ready to watch the highlights and get party drunk.

I said I was good with anything and meant it but hoooooo boy is this going to be more fun playing with all this house money.

I submit we do a Clerks thing, since we weren't even supposed to be here today.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Tanker here. What a depressing night.

Oh well. At least OV got his 30 goals, and we finally unloaded Mantha. So not a complete waste of
a season.

We're just delaying the inevitable. We didn't tank this year, so we're going to tank hard in the upcoming years. Its inevitable.

Looking forward to the NBA draft and the Wizards beginning their rebuild. Now there's a team with a bright future.

May I suggest cheering for a different team than the Washington Capitals?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well I'm off to bed again. I must say this is reverse of 1986 with the Caps being the underdogs and lead by a goalie. Hoping they can do what the Rangers did to us in 1986. Several revenge opportunities here.

9 page thread on the mains about "Did Torts know he was eliminated when he pulled the goalie or was there a conspiracy afoot.".

Never charge HF. 🤣

It's golden, but I do agree they need to change some format with OT etc.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
May I suggest cheering for a different team than the Washington Capitals?
I feel I need to say that I am weighted more with sycamore's opinion here. Not going to die on my horse for the red tank, that being said, but it is a weird state of the caps at the point for this season and the next two.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
His offense for sure has been a major driving force for the Capitals for years. Quietly put up another 50 point season (I think it’s the 6th time he’s reached that milestone)
Plus, he had his best defensive season in ages, with a usage rate near tops in the league. He really elevated his play down the stretch with no Sandin, or Jensen. Fever was the only top 4 guy left, and John was playing 30+ mins doing a bit of everything - including some huge GWGs.

Really showed leadership, and the ability to put the D corps (and team) on his back. Respect, JC74.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I feel I need to say that I am weighted more with sycamore's opinion here. Not going to die on my horse for the red tank, that being said, but it is a weird state of the caps at the point for this season and the next two.

Teams have to play to win. Some playoff games are more beneficial to long term development and success than moving up a few spots from 14th to 12th in the draft.

They will have time to bottom out once the big contracts are off the books

Last edited:

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Plus, he had his best defensive season in ages, with a usage rate near tops in the league. He really elevated his play down the stretch with no Sandin, or Jensen. Fever was the only top 4 guy left, and John was playing 30+ mins doing a bit of everything - including some huge GWGs.

Really showed leadership, and the ability to put the D corps (and team) on his back. Respect, JC74.
Just looking at the regular season. JC does deserve some props. He's in that mid-thirties veteran play where he sees the game and doesn't get burned.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Hell, I'm just starting, got to watch the last ~15 minutes on my lunch, ready to watch the highlights and get party drunk.

I said I was good with anything and meant it but hoooooo boy is this going to be more fun playing with all this house money.

I submit we do a Clerks thing, since we weren't even supposed to be here today.
Love the Clerks idea. We can work with the rooftop hockey scenes (I think one of the guys wears a Pens jersey?).

Maybe the 36 d***s jokes could be likened to our abysmal goal differential (which was -37, damn that’s close! lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad