WJC: Want a treat? Watch Nino Niederreiter today

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
lol some people shouldn't even attempt to spell his name..just call him Nino. Its the same thing with "Douchenne"

Madic

May 21, 2008
^ Carle is "Car-lee" :help:

Sorry, hijacked this into a "Gary Thorne is terrible at pronouncing names" thread.

Great performance by Nino. Top 10 wouldn't shock me, top 15 is, to me, assured at this point. Unless he craps the bed down the stretch, which doesn't seem likely.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
When I hear the name, I always picture this guy on ice skates:

3a_003Ned.jpg

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Is it too early to start calling him El Nino? I'm thinking top 5 pick now too.

He had a good game but theres something about the guy that I don't like. He just looks like a really sluggish player to me.

He had a great game though and he certainly dominated, improved his draft stock big time.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's possibly one of the best players in the tournament, he has 8 points on a Swiss team that has only scored 14 goals.

jessebelanger

Feb 18, 2009
He had a good game but theres something about the guy that I don't like. He just looks like a really sluggish player to me.

He had a great game though and he certainly dominated, improved his draft stock big time.

In what way was he sluggish?? He was flying out there today.

I was very impressed with him - looking forward to seeing him again tommorow!

Tavaresmagicalplay*

In what way was he sluggish?? He was flying out there today.

I was very impressed with him - looking forward to seeing him again tommorow!

He was a force but he looked really slow. He did a good job using his body and hanging on to the puck he looked really slow to me.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I watched him in the first two games against the U.S. and Canada, and I had to remind myself that this guy is a projected top pick in 2010. He wasn't a factor. He looked intimidate by the big boys of the pool.

Then the Latvian game happened. Yes, it was against a putrid entry. But he took over that game. With his team down 4-3 midway through the third, Nino got loose. He dominated. He had a goal and an assist in the third. And he threw some big hits. That game was a no-hitter up to that point, but then Nino started hitting. He completely changed the complexion of that game.

He was the best player on the ice against Slovakia. He had two goals and an assist in what was, essentially, a playoff game.

With his team's tournament on the line - in the last two games, plus the third against Latvia, he has five goals and two assists. He's creating and generating offence. He's opening up room for his teammates with his skill and strength. He's been a physical force. At times, he has carried his team on his back, and that's something you rarely see from a 17-year-old at this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00