WJC: Want a treat? Watch Nino Niederreiter today

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This kid looks like the real deal and has been one of the best players in the tournament so far for the Swiss. His draft stock is really rising and he will likely be a top 15 pick this year. He plays hard, physical and has great offensive tools. Will be interesting to see how he plays against the Russians this afternoon. I will be cheering for Switzerland :)

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Agreed on Niederreiter.

Slightly OT, anyone know why Josi's out? I'm guessing it's an injury but in the event that the stars align for the Swiss today, would he be expected back for the next game?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Pierre McGuire is going out of his mind rooting for this guy today. And for once, his man crush is actually legitimate. This kid is a player that's for sure

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
The only players I noticed on the Swiss team were Sbisa and Conz. However the only two games I watched were Canada vs Switzerland and USA vs Switzerland and Switzerland almost never had the puck in those games.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Agreed on Niederreiter.

Slightly OT, anyone know why Josi's out? I'm guessing it's an injury but in the event that the stars align for the Swiss today, would he be expected back for the next game?

Broken finger.

And Nino is really living up to the hype for this game. Just wish the Swiss wouldnt have given up the lead late in the 2nd. :shakehead

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Beast. You just knew the Swiss would win that game after they tied it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Fantastic player, very strong on the puck and always seems to make things happen.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Good call. Nino Niederreiter scores the game-tying and game-winning goals.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I knew it would be a good time to start a Nino thread this morning :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad