WJC: Want a treat? Watch Nino Niederreiter today

Seguins Dragon*

He stuck out during the Canada game that was for sure... stock is jumping for sure.

grind your soul

Belak forever
Jul 1, 2006
Toronto
I can't believe they cut out the anthem AND the players of the game.

What a joke.

AWESOME game though!!!

Nino had the crowd chanting his name, literally!

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
Vs Russia...
Game tying with 2 mins left or whatever... then the GWG.

GTG's and GWG's get you drafted.

I could have sworn that buddy tipped the last one in. Also the gtg bounced off the dmen.

The kid is good but the last 2 points were a bit dirty.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Agreed, he's been awesome.

I think he could do for Switzerland what Anze Kopitar has done for Slovenia.

Which is what? Swiss hockey has been on the map for a while now with a few NHLers like Streit, Aeberscher and Gerber.

If you mean a strong performance at the WJC then you are mistaken, Kopitar played in the Division 1B WJC, not the top WJC against any of the top teams (Canada, Sweden, Russia, Finland, etc), instead squaring off against stalwarts like Estonia, Latvia, Denmark, and Poland.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Wasn't Niederreiter the Swiss player that Kadri acted like a complete tool against? Didn't Kadri wave goodbye to Niederreiter in the penalty box? It would be sooooo fitting if Niederreiter demolished Kadri tomorrow.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Wasn't Niederreiter the Swiss player that Kadri acted like a complete tool against? Didn't Kadri wave goodbye to Niederreiter in the penalty box? It would be sooooo fitting if Niederreiter demolished Kadri tomorrow.

I would love to see that, was it really kadri who did the slit throat thing to nino?

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
NO! BAD NINO! You're supposed to just play well enough to get the attention of the Canucks in the early 20's! Never gonna happen now!

What a stud.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
It was such a good feeling when the crowd was doing their Nino chant. Every time he touched the puck everyone go so excited.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
The guy played strong all game long. Not only did he score but you could tell he is strong on his skates threw a few nice hits. Definitely a 1st rounder.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Great game for Nino! I still think he's a bit raw in terms of his skill and especially his skating. But he is definitely a workhorse, has the physical frame and likes the contact. I think he could be a good North American player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He reminds me a bit of Brendan Morrow, minus the fighting.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
He reminds me a bit of Brendan Morrow, minus the fighting.

He reminds me of a Jaromir Jagr in Rangers... Or Forsberg. You know that ability to protect the puck so well even though he doesn't have amazing speed and the fact that he never gives up on a play.

Obviously he won't ever be as good as those two, but he's got a similiar playing-style.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He reminds me of a Jaromir Jagr in Rangers... Or Forsberg. You know that ability to protect the puck so well even though he doesn't have amazing speed and the fact that he never gives up on a play.

Obviously he won't ever be as good as those two, but he's got a similiar playing-style.

Agreed. Like an undersized powerforward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad