Walter Gretzky dies at 82

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
RIP Walter, thank you for your son and all the time you spent raising him to be what he is. I hope you went feeling proud.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A class act that does all Canadians proud. He was endearing and caring and will have left an indelible mark.

RIP.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
He gave us one of the greatest, most humble, professional athletes to walk this earth... but even more so, he was an awesome person by all accounts.

Walter Gretzky is what the model (Canadian hockey) father should be.

RIP Wally... Phyllis will be waiting for you.

Last edited:

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
He gave us one of the greatest, most humble professional athletes to walk this earth but, even more so, he was an awesome person by all accounts.

Walter Gretzky is what the model (Canadian hockey) father should be.

RIP Wally... Phyllis will be waiting for you.
I got to meet him as a kid playing in a house league tournament at Copps. Would have been 86ish. He had come into the room before a game and noticed I couldn't tie my skates tight enough and went and got me a hook and taught me how to do it myself.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I got to meet him as a kid playing in a house league tournament at Copps. Would have been 86ish. He had come into the room before a game and noticed I couldn't tie my skates tight enough and went and got me a hook and taught me how to do it myself.

Awesome story!

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
RIP to the legend. A profound loss felt all across Canada and the hockey world

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I have a quick story I'd like to share. Several years ago I bumped into Walter at the Toronto Airport. It was late at night, and you could tell he was tired. But he stopped and chatted with a group of us, while signing autographs. It's an experience I will always cherish. RIP to a great man!

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Um... And... My father died at 54.
People die. Last names matter? Why its this a thread? And why are people passing on condolences? To who ?

Having lost my own father a couple of years ago. I understand what you're saying. There was no thread for my dad, nor were there thousands if not millions of condolences that the Gretzky family will likely receive.

At the same time, Walter was someone that a lot of hockey fans felt they knew. From either being lucky enough to meet him in person. Or seeing or reading about the many great things this man accomplished in his life. Each of us that are posting here feel sadness that a great man is no longer with us.

My condolences to you, for the loss of your Father.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Damn. I just looked him up yesterday to see if he was still alive... RIP. Hockey legend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad