Confirmed with Link: Walman signed to 3x3.4 extension

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Fair deal for both sides IMO.
Glad to have him stay.
If he can continue to play at the caliber he has provided this season…. We will get great value from this contract!

Exactly the number I Predicted his deal would be; so I’m on board with this.
A nice comparable for Walman is Brandon Montour IMO.
Similiar style and strengths and weaknesses. And while they can play up in the depth chart, both aren’t looked at as ‘top end’ pedigree guys.

Montour recently signed a multi year deal worth 3.5M/year (As a UFA). And he had a much longer track record at the NHL level then Walman.
So I would assume Walman will be somewhere below that number.

Reactions: sureWhyNot

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He has the best CF% on the team at ES?
Our shot differential is +60 at ES when he is on the ice.

Reactions: raymond23

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
What a team friendly deal. A dman who can play on the first pair for 3.4m?

A potential top 4 of Walman, Seider, Edvinsson and Hronek sounds nice, and that's without considering someone like Wallinder who's been killing it with Rögle... that defense is starting to look realgud.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Very happy to see Jake is sticking around, has been terrific this season. Does give us a log jam at LD now. Really want Ed up here next year.

I looked up a Ben Chiarot buyout on capfriendly. To be honest, it didn't look that bad, but I am sure others will disagree with me on that.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Very happy to see Jake is sticking around, has been terrific this season. Does give us a log jam at LD now. Really want Ed up here next year.

I looked up a Ben Chiarot buyout on capfriendly. To be honest, it didn't look that bad, but I am sure others will disagree with me on that.
Considering the Bertuzzi trade rumors that just resurfaced, I don't think it's completely out of the question to deal Chiarot instead of buying him out. Not saying he's a LIKELY candidate, but if prices stay this high, it's at least an avenue to perform due diligence on.

Now maybe he's dealt at the draft instead of this season. But you get the idea, to trade a defenseman to make room for Ed to play in the fall.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It's always awesome to watch a guy take a big developmental leap like Walman did from last season to this season. Good for him, good for the Wings, and now a good deal for both sides.

That Nick Leddy signing keeps looking better and better. Remember when people were gloating about how bad of a signing that was? Haha. Fools.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
thumbsup-goodluck.gif

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What a team friendly deal. A dman who can play on the first pair for 3.4m?

A potential top 4 of Walman, Seider, Edvinsson and Hronek sounds nice, and that's without considering someone like Wallinder who's been killing it with Rögle... that defense is starting to look realgud.
Maata

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad