Books: Walking dead comic book and spoilers PART 2.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I dont care about spoilers for this show at this point...does the helicopter Rick see's in the last episode appear in the comics at all? any significance?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Issue 175 dropped today, the start of the “New World Order” storyline.

Fantastic issue and great start, IMO! I really look forward to where this is headed. Looks to legitimately be the next big thing in the series and genuinely feels like a new era in the comics.

The Commonwealth community has around 50,000 people, a stadium with concerts and football games and what looks to be a strong military type presence watching over things. Rick and his group of communities really seem like small fish in a massive pond now. Where the hell will the story go? With that many people it leads to so many possibilities for storylines. And that ending with Michonne’s daughter appearing to potentially be alive in the Commonwealth!

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
16 months since the last post. I know Walking Dead is pretty much dead now. Even myself, I don't buy the comics anymore, but I still read them, hoping for a king of resolution at one point.

Anyway, the last issue has a huge moment as it could be the death of Rick Grimes.

I think it's a huge risk to kill Rick, even if so many people want Something fresh. The TV show was a lot better this year than in the previous two years, but the absence of Rick Grimes made it really hard for me to connect to the story. IMO Rick IS The Walking Dead and without him, I see the book dying faster than anticipated.

What do you think?

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Well that’s it
The walking dead comics are over.
It basically ended with Rick’s death, then a 15-25 years time jump to show the future and that’s it.

Last edited:

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I basically stopped reading when they killed Andrea. I wasn’t inherently opposed to them killing off anybody but it felt like by then that Kirkman had mentally checked out. Sad to hear that it’s ended but it’s probably for the best. The comic never really seemed the same after All Out War.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Well that’s it
The walking dead comics are over.
It basically ended with Rick’s death, then a 15-25 years time jump to show the future and that’s it.

The writing was on the wall when they introduced the mayor’s spoiled stupid son. But it was definitely time to end it. The Commonwealth is too secure to truly fail, and the walkers would have to lose a lot of their numbers by now. The letter from Kirkman at the end of Issue 193 really hammered home the idea that the franchise was finally out of story to tell. I think it’ll be seen as quality from start to finish, whereas AMC is going to bleed the show of every last drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad