Waivers -

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I believe so, unless something changed in the newer CBA.

I agree with this. Kylington seems like too good an opportunity to pass up for only whatever the contract fee is. Biega can hit waivers and be the D on the taxi squad and then move to the main roster if when someone else gets hurt.

Kylington is a good a defenseman.
Waive Merril. Waive Staal. Waive Djoos.
Get Kylington.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd have been curious about Dakota Mermis. Thought he had potential in the 10 games he had with the Devils last year. Kylington is the obvious big get.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What are the Flames doing?
Didn't they just lose Brodie? Now their D is so good they waive Kylington?
I guess they think Nesterov is the man.
And They still have Andersson, Valimaki and Hanifin at 24 and under.

They just added Chris Tanev and Välimäki has taken a huge step. Think Kylington lost the competition against him.

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Tanev
Välimäki - Nesterov

But don't get it why they didn't keep Kylington as the 7th D? There's nobody now.

Maybe they are gonna pick somebody else from waivers and do a "trade".?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
The challenge with any of these guys is separating real upside vs perceived upside. You can see it in this thread where guys with pedigree are viewed more favourably compared to others.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Kylington is also Swedish. "He'll make a fine addition to our collection." (General Grievous)

Gotta pump up those Swedish Mafia #'s, we have a quota to uphold & the cupboards were almost on empty.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm not saying we shouldn't go for him, we absolutely should, but Kylington looks extremely similar to Bowey 2 years ago (On paper. I'm familiar with Kylington by name but haven't seen him play much). It's just kind of funny that we are celebrating not having to deal with Bowey any more and are talking about Kylington

At the time, Bowey:
23 Years Old
53rd overall pick
51 points in 113 AHL games (.45 ppg)
18 points in 84 NHL games (.21 ppg)

Kylington:
23 years old
60th overall pick
91 points in 190 AHL Games (.48 ppg)
15 points in 87 NHL games (.17 ppg)

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I'm not saying we shouldn't go for him, we absolutely should, but Kylington looks extremely similar to Bowey 2 years ago (On paper. I'm familiar with Kylington by name but haven't seen him play much). It's just kind of funny that we are celebrating not having to deal with Bowey any more and are talking about Kylington

At the time, Bowey:
23 Years Old
53rd overall pick

Kylington:
23 years old
60th overall pick

I mean Bowey wasn't bad offensively, but was a train wreck defensively so you kind of have to look at the defensive numbers as well when making this comparison

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan

At the time, Bowey:
23 Years Old
53rd overall pick

Kylington:
23 years old
60th overall pick
I would still rather take a crack at Kylington to develop into a serviceable PMD 5th/6th man than Biega.

Reactions: izlez

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Pre-Djoos I think Kylington would have an inside track as a sheltered offensive blue liner behind Dekeyser and Nemeth. Now it's a bit more crowded for him. I'd still have no issue picking him up at the expense of a guy like Biega, to me it just depends whether our brass sees legitimate top 4 upside there. If so then pull the trigger, if you're not willing to play him and develop him then swerve.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Pre-Djoos I think Kylington would have an inside track as a sheltered offensive blue liner behind Dekeyser and Nemeth. Now it's a bit more crowded for him. I'd still have no issue picking him up at the expense of a guy like Biega, to me it just depends whether our brass sees legitimate top 4 upside there. If so then pull the trigger, if you're not willing to play him and develop him then swerve.

I think if it were up to me I take him. He can move the puck and I think that is what this team needs (both DK and Merrill are on the PP). I would run something like:

DK- Hronek
Djoos/Kylington-Stecher
Djoos/Kylington- Merrill/Nemeth

Staal

This creates a lot of competition and allows you to have way better puck movement which this team was sorely lacking last year. This also allows you to move a Nemeth or Merrill or even both at the deadline without missing much.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, Djoos gives kind of a better option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad