Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Anyone worth it on waivers?
ErY0gjdWMAAI8GK

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Its waivers so anyone in this group is a reclamation project so it’s difficult to have strong feelings one way or the other about any of these guys.

Jordan Weal has had some impressive stints in the NHL.

Noah Juulsen and Josh Ho-Sang have interesting pedigree but have obviously floundered.

The guy I’d be most interested in is Cracknell. He isn’t going to wow anyone and ultimately wouldn’t hold a roster spot for any serious amount of time but I’d love to see him claimed. The guy is a hard worker, gritty, solid skills and an absolute beauty.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Not in my opinion. For the first time in a while I feel like we have decent depth at every position.

There’s a few names that I don’t hate, but I don’t view them as upgrades over what we already have.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
By name alone Maxime Lagace sounds cool, but none of the aforementioned players raise a eyebrow from me though.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I would like to give Josh Ho-Sang a shot. Although I doubt Yzerman is interested based on his attitude, Ho-Sang is very talented but has not put it all together. Honestly not sure he ever.will.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Why would that matter, Djoos is LD while Juulsen is RD never hurts to have enough Dmen.
Totally agree...as long as we are fielding players like Biega, Stetcher, Staal, and Merrill, it's open season for me as a Coach/GM. They are all on one year deals, and it's not like we have to worry about cap space this year. I say throw them all into a big pile and make them compete for NHL spots and see who wants it the most.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Why would that matter, Djoos is LD while Juulsen is RD never hurts to have enough Dmen.

Because at this point you can’t play all of them. We already have a lot of experimental players on defense.

I’d rather get extended looks at the players we already have versus Player A getting 15 games, Player B getting 20, Player C getting 12 etc etc.

If injuries become a major factor then its another story

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Maxime lajoie played well a few yrs ago with the sens,turned 23 a few months ago so dont know if stevie would take a look , juulsen as well

No one else interests me. Wonder if stevie would trade nemeth or someone else on the club , if not i guess cholowski and biega gets sent down and itll be dekeyser hronek merrill nemeth stecher staal and djoos and we’d be set

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I think I would claim kylington and go with 8 D

DK
Hronek
Stecher
Merrill
Nemeth
Djoos
Kylington
Staal

waive biega. Send cholo to minors since it’s apparent he’s not going to have a spot. Anyone know if we are still 1st in waiver priority?

Reactions: ShelbyZ

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kylington would be better than a couple of the guys the wings are gonna trot out there this year, I wonder what the deal is there

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I think I would claim kylington and go with 8 D

DK
Hronek
Stecher
Merrill
Nemeth
Djoos
Kylington
Staal

waive biega. Send cholo to minors since it’s apparent he’s not going to have a spot. Anyone know if we are still 1st in waiver priority?

I believe so, unless something changed in the newer CBA.

I agree with this. Kylington seems like too good an opportunity to pass up for only whatever the contract fee is. Biega can hit waivers and be the D on the taxi squad and then move to the main roster if when someone else gets hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad