B. O. R. E. D.

FCAC3E86-BFCA-4C90-B3F6-6E7FC9EB48C4.gif

Forum right now….

Something happen please.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It has seemed like an eternal offseason. Made worse by the Elks being putrid and really not much going on in sporting world. Also no WC (mens) or Euros to take some of the time away and feed the sports jonesing.

August 2oth. not even close to hockey time.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think this thread works for what I would like to ask you guys.

How do you feel about your current goal song, that replaced Rev Theory? I know nothing is forever with this type of thing but it's a pretty enjoyable song in general and totally worked for goals. It was one of my favourites league wide.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

How do you feel about your current goal song, that replaced Rev Theory? I know nothing is forever with this type of thing but it's a pretty enjoyable song in general and totally worked for goals. It was one of my favourites league wide.

It's not my favorite, but it's not the worst goal song we've ever had either. Pretty sure that dishonor would go to "Don't Stop the Party"...or "Dup Dup Dup"...or "Stadium Love"...or any of the DoD songs. Too much PTSD from that era. :help:

Call me nostalgic, but my favorite Oilers goal song(s) will always be the Song 2 / Zombie Nation combo from 2005-06. My first ever Oilers game was in December 2005 when I was in Grade 7... Those songs bring back memories not just of falling in love with hockey, but of a simpler, happier time that I took for granted. No iPhones, no Facebook...listening to Rod Philips on my alarm clock radio under my blankets...checking my parents' computer each morning to see what the final score was...

Aaaaaaaand I have to stop myself before I go full Drivesaitl... :naughty:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I loved Hell Yeah as a goal song.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s about this time of year where I would happily jump in a Time Machine to get to the start of pre-season.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Penticton rookie tournament kicks off on the 15th, correct?

Been mostly entertained by the Blue Jays this summer, but the team isn't as good as it was expected to be and the Elkimos have also been entertaining though mostly for the wrong reasons up until recently.

Definitely ready for puck drop.

Reactions: RegDunlop

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I said screw it I’m not waiting anymore and went to Italy. I am back for puck drop Oct 11.

Let me know if McDavid makes the team.

Also let me know if they find my bags. I know where they are thanks to AirTags but KLM doesn’t have a f***ing clue.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I said screw it I’m not waiting anymore and went to Italy. I am back for puck drop Oct 11.

Let me know if McDavid makes the team.

Also let me know if they find my bags. I know where they are thanks to AirTags but KLM doesn’t have a f***ing clue.

Tell me you're going to the Ryder Cup.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Meh not too bad for me.

Have the trainwreck of the Eskimos to watch. The on field is nothing too really watch, but the rest is quite comical.

NFL about to fire up.

And while it doesn't look like it this week, it is summer with outdoor activities to be had.

I did also watch a good chunk of the Brick Invitational week, so that I guess broke up some of the lack of hockey.

While I won't be able to watch much of it I should be able to catch some of the Hlinka tournament
I have the riders and the colts coming up, but I do miss the Oilers and Sens a lot when they aren’t playing.

Often times I wear my Oilers gitch and pretend I’m a goalie in my living and play against my kid. It disturbs the wife and the kids, but it helps me get through the days

Reactions: joestevens29

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Meh not too bad for me.

Have the trainwreck of the Eskimos to watch. The on field is nothing too really watch, but the rest is quite comical.

NFL about to fire up.

And while it doesn't look like it this week, it is summer with outdoor activities to be had.

I did also watch a good chunk of the Brick Invitational week, so that I guess broke up some of the lack of hockey.

While I won't be able to watch much of it I should be able to catch some of the Hlinka tournament
Dont know if I will ruffle some feathers here, but what is the general consensus if the CFL went to 4 downs? The recent game in Halifax sold out but I'm still not sure if you will see CFL here. The interest is there, just getting the money for the stadium Halifax is growing at an explosive right now. I was in Quebec City last week and it sure looks bigger then that city. Im a big NFL fan (Packers) and I watch the NCAA as well. I just prefer the 4 down system

We could all masturbate together. That passes the time.
SWORD FIGHT

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dont know if I will ruffle some feathers here, but what is the general consensus if the CFL went to 4 downs? The recent game in Halifax sold out but I'm still not sure if you will see CFL here. The interest is there, just getting the money for the stadium Halifax is growing at an explosive right now. I was in Quebec City last week and it sure looks bigger then that city. Im a big NFL fan (Packers) and I watch the NCAA as well. I just prefer the 4 down system

SWORD FIGHT
4 downs would be good for a Corn ran offense, but in general wouldn't that just explode the offense?

I too prefer the 4 down ball, but I don't know that it works on a CFL field. Although if the league can't start getting some more competent QB's maybe 4 downs is the answer lol.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
4 downs would be good for a Corn ran offense, but in general wouldn't that just explode the offense?

I too prefer the 4 down ball, but I don't know that it works on a CFL field. Although if the league can't start getting some more competent QB's maybe 4 downs is the answer lol.
I just hate the way the run the offense. Basically Run, Pass, Punt. Dont like the Endzones as well. U could build a small city in the end zone ffs. If they built identical to NFL and run 4 downs, u could run a league that could be like a "Farm League " to the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad