OT: Waiting for the upcoming hockey season is hard

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
10CD682D-EC9A-4DC0-9B4B-EB613E66D59F.gif

This is me waiting for Game 1 of the 23-24 season…..and July ain’t even over yet.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Meh not too bad for me.

Have the trainwreck of the Eskimos to watch. The on field is nothing too really watch, but the rest is quite comical.

NFL about to fire up.

And while it doesn't look like it this week, it is summer with outdoor activities to be had.

I did also watch a good chunk of the Brick Invitational week, so that I guess broke up some of the lack of hockey.

While I won't be able to watch much of it I should be able to catch some of the Hlinka tournament

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sounds dumb but I'm almost indifferent to the regular season. It's not like it has much bearing on us one way or another.

I want playoffs Damnit!
Pretty much. Just enjoying the summer and being active and out doors a lot. If I ever miss hockey I just think that hockey occurs in winter, which is fine, but I'll enjoy my summer, thanks.

When people are always looking to some other time you're not living in the present. Too serious for thread probably, lol

ps It will be nice not to have Yams on the team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Pretty much. Just enjoying the summer and being active and out doors a lot. If I ever miss hockey I just think that hockey occurs in winter, which is fine, but I'll enjoy my summer, thanks.

When people are always looking to some other time you're not living in the present. Too serious for thread probably, lol

ps It will be nice not to have Yams on the team.

Nah just a bit too much time in my hands the past couple weeks. I like to look forward to watching McDavid play. Need a summer league like the NBA.

Reactions: ujju2

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Sounds dumb but I'm almost indifferent to the regular season. It's not like it has much bearing on us one way or another.

I want playoffs Damnit!
Yeah... For me it's going to be really hard to be invested in the regular season as well. All the McDavid and Draisaitl highlights will be on YouTube. The playoffs are what really matter. Nothing else.

Maybe my mind has been so preoccupied with some really big life changes (my partner and I just bought our first house that we are moving into in late August) but regardless, I'm really not missing hockey at all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nah just a bit too much time in my hands the past couple weeks. I like to look forward to watching McDavid play. Need a summer league like the NBA.
I'm that never bored type of person that is approaching life knowing we never know how much time we have. I just don't live in the future that way. Just spending time in the present, every day I can. The other thing is I've turned the switch on hockey for awhile. Seasons are too long and immersion in that is long enough as it is. Not invested in it now.

I watched all of the Oiler goals from the regular season yesterday that took about an hour so here you go!

Most NHL teams the video wouldn't be nearly this long. heh I remember thinking when Drai scored the first goal how long a season and playoffs is and what it would all bring. alas

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The lack of sports to watch is killing me. I'm not much of a baseball fan and have basically given up on the CFL. I usually don't notice it until about this time of year, and then time just drags until the season starts.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The lack of sports to watch is killing me. I'm not much of a baseball fan and have basically given up on the CFL. I usually don't notice it until about this time of year, and then time just drags until the season starts.
Womens world cup is on. heh. Have to say though the womens game isn't improving in any leaps and bounds. The only thing thats occurring is that more countries now have active programs and are *competing*. The worrying look for womens football is that a 50th ranked team can beat a topten ranked team without anybody batting an eye or that 15yr old boys could trash the top womens Football team in the world.

Canada is screwed. Tied Nigeria in first game and Sinclair didn't convert a penalty kick. Then they got a needed outing against Ireland but Aussies LOST to Nigeria meaning Canada must win or tie against the host nation or they are out. The common story of the first game being all important and the one Canada had to have.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Womens world cup is on. heh. Have to say though the womens game isn't improving in any leaps and bounds. The only thing thats occurring is that more countries now have active programs and are *competing*. The worrying look for womens football is that a 50th ranked team can beat a topten ranked team without anybody batting an eye or that 15yr old boys could trash the top womens Football team in the world.

Canada is screwed. Tied Nigeria in first game and Sinclair didn't convert a penalty kick. Then they got a needed outing against Ireland but Aussies LOST to Nigeria meaning Canada must win or tie against the host nation or they are out. The common story of the first game being all important and the one Canada had to have.

For me women's soccer is several tiers below MLB and CFL even unfortunately.

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For me women's soccer is several tiers below MLB and CFL even unfortunately.
I can understand the feeling. I was a fervent backer for two decades if only because I love Football and would watch any team Canada play here men or women or under or overage and love to go to commonwealth. So I was there for all the matches and in 2015 WC here I was seeing a doubleheader, and neither was a Canada match and in the second game we just got frustrated at the inability of either squad to even stitch 3 passes together. It wanted to be a drinking game each time a team flubbed the ball out or lost possession. Which was too much to count. Don't even try this. lol. I think we just left rather than get shitfaced.

Last womens game I ever attended was 2015. Highschool Football is clearly on a higher level. Even moreso now because Sinclair and the few womens players that were actually good seem not to be now, or even playing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm that never bored type of person that is approaching life knowing we never know how much time we have. I just don't live in the future that way. Just spending time in the present, every day I can. The other thing is I've turned the switch on hockey for awhile. Seasons are too long and immersion in that is long enough as it is. Not invested in it now.

Oh I live in the present but I like looking forward to things as well. Usually we travel overseas 4 months a year but building a new house so have to be here this year and Mrs5 went to visit our son, daughter in law and first grandchild for a few weeks while I was in charge back home - a scary proposition.

Too much of a hockey addict and while Bettmans NHL unceasingly pisses me off when it’s been gone for a few weeks I miss my daily fix.

Reactions: brentashton

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If the Elks were not such a disaster it would not be so bad and once the nfl gets going I'll have lots to tide me over until hockey. preseason is pretty terrible in the nhl though, too many games for no good reason.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad