Pre-Game Talk: Waiting for Columbus

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Thanks, that makes sense. The timing of our bye week actually worked out decently with Matthews getting injured when he did. At least he hasn't been missing games lately, and by the sounds of it, he won't be out as long as originally anticipated
And I would assume with the next 5 being Columbus x2 Chicago x2 and the Habs that we will give him all the time to be 100%. Hope some of the Marlies step in and look good.

Reactions: Incognito

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
they can't make big moves because there is no cap left IMO

everyone knows leafs are desperate so if retention is involved it will cost massive overpayments or it would have to be cap for cap trade
In fairness this is almost every top team so it balances out.

Anyone looking at Chychrun or Meir, Kane, ROR is going to have to have the team eat 50% or take bavk roster players.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Finally some hockey. On a side note, anyone else having trouble with Ads on this site ? I legitimately can't even click on the upper 50% of the links/sub forums on this site because it keeps redirecting me to random ads and websites.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
f***ing finally, some Goddamn Leafs hockey.

Leafs need to actually go on a run here. Been too inconsistent and now Tampa is only two points back with a game in hand. We’ve got “easy” opponents coming up but given how they’ve played bad teams this year I ain’t holding my breath.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
and the "blah blah blah begins". I am sure a lot of people will be buying this as the next coming of hockey einstein

Had he said he is going big game hunting, you would be in here crying he played his hand and is now forced to overpay and it's proof he's an idiot who can't negotiate.

There isn't a person we could hire who wouldn't have a section of this forum hating them within 2 months of being on the job

Reactions: Sypher04 and kb

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Why is it hard to imagine? Without Matthews, our cap is below most of those teams, and you always OBSESS over cap hits, so doesn't that mean they have a better team since our cap is lower?

Does it matter to you that CBJ forwards Jakub Vorechek ($8.25 mil) + Nyquist ($5.5 mil) + #1 Dman Zach Werenski ($9.5 mil) [= $23. 33 mil] is all out on IR and those 3 are already double the Matthews AAV loss?

1676053692565.png

Or perhaps you didn't know that Chicago currently has
1676054714348.png
while playing at salary cap floor.

or perhaps you didn't know that Leafs next 5 opponents are all near the bottom of the league standings including 2 X games vs #32 CJB & 2 X #31 Blackhawks.

1676054136080.png

It can't get any easier a schedule than that. !!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Does it matter to you that CBJ forwards Jakub Vorechek ($8.25 mil) + Nyquist ($5.5 mil) + #1 Dman Zach Werenski ($9.5 mil) [= $23. 33 mil] is all out on IR and those 3 are already double the Matthews AAV loss?

View attachment 648122

Or perhaps you didn't know that Chicago currently has View attachment 648132 while playing at salary cap floor.

or perhaps you didn't know that Leafs next 5 opponents are all near the bottom of the league standings including 2 X games vs #32 CJB & 2 X #31 Blackhawks.

View attachment 648128

Do all the teams please, compare caps, I'd like to see if we are the favorites in all games or only some, only maybe your opinion on cap hits has changed.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I have no idea why I do this but I love turning off notifications while at work so I can check every few hours to be furious when I realise the Leafs have not acquired a Superstar for pennies on the dollar

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

View attachment 648122

Or perhaps you didn't know that Chicago currently has View attachment 648132 while playing at salary cap floor.

View attachment 648128

Can you be any more transparent?

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Do all the teams please, compare caps, I'd like to see if we are the favorites in all games or only some, only maybe your opinion on cap hits has changed.
Why would I do all the teams when I was only talking about Leafs winning the next 5 games due to easy opponents?

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Why would I do all the teams when I was only talking about Leafs winning the next 5 games do too easy opponents?

well, I was curious because last game you mentioned how Boston was a measuring stick game, but that's insane because our caps are so different right now.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I have no idea why I do this but I love turning off notifications while at work so I can check every few hours to be furious when I realise the Leafs have not acquired a Superstar for pennies on the dollar
It’s going to be at least 2 weeks - until a final word on Muzzin is official.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad