Proposal: W. Nylander for Max Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Just go check all the Matthews threads.It;s not just a handfull of Leaf fans .It's everyone of them in any Matthews thread.I guess your just one on the outside looking in.

Most people consider Matthews a top player and Nylander a good.

You are producing fake news.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I'd gamble that they aren't garbage picks, especially if you're handcuffing yourself with that contract
That makes ZERO sense, the picks will be worse because adding Marner would make us a MUCH better team. That contract would be beautiful for us, in 5 years 14 mil wil be a bargain for a guy like him.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I don't see Montreal accepting it at all. Domi is cheaper and more importantly has found a niche with the Habs. Now admit, that Nylander might have greater upside. But Habs are fighting for the playoffs this year and need Domi. There is no reason to believe that Nylander is going to be good this season.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
That makes ZERO sense, the picks will be worse because adding Marner would make us a MUCH better team. That contract would be beautiful for us, in 5 years 14 mil wil be a bargain for a guy like him.
there's a thing called a salary cap, you can bet on $14M being a small portion of that in the future but its like a 40% overpay in year 1 for a cap that averages less than a 5% increase each year but that would be a bad bet. Anyway, have at it

Ciccio1980

Mar 7, 2012
there's a thing called a salary cap, you can bet on $14M being a small portion of that in the future but its like a 40% overpay in year 1 for a cap that averages less than a 5% increase each year but that would be a bad bet. Anyway, have at it
Leaf fans should tell marner to sign a 14m offer sheet and the produce at a 20 point pace till he's bought out

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Leaf fans should tell marner to sign a 14m offer sheet and the produce at a 20 point pace till he's bought out
he's a talented guy and he'll produce, but I think a team with him as their best player would end up on a Calgary-esque situation with Gaudreau, it's not terrible but its sort of a team without an identity and inconsistently successful

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Most people consider Matthews a top player and Nylander a good.

You are producing fake news.
Yes most non-Leaf fans do consider Matthews a top player and Nylander a good player.
That's a far cry from the 2nd best and an elite superstar player.
See the difference.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Domi is only signed for 1 more year after this one at 3,150,000$, if he was to sign an extension for a trade than yes he would definitely be worth more because he is a Center and is out producing Nylander this season.

But the difference is that Nylander is expandable to the Leafs, and up for trade, while Domi is indespensible to the Habs and not for trade!

You actually believe the crap you’re writing don’t you lol. Of course he’s outproducing Nylander, he’s played two games. Good lord lol

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Most unrealistic and useless trade thread I've ever seen on HF. Nylander just signed a long-term deal in Toronto which he held out months to get. The team clearly wants him there as they've said they won't move him. Nylander also came out and said Kyle Dubas told him that he won't trade him as long as he's the GM. The Habs just traded for Domi who has emerged as a PPG centre while developing sick chemistry with Drouin. The Habs would be foolish to trade one of their best young forwards who wants to be there and is on a great contract. He's perfect for the Habs system and it would make little to no sense to move him. Some Leafs fans are going to overrate Nylander and some Habs fans are going to overrate Domi. The two are pretty similar in value and they're both important parts of each team's core. Both teams don't make this trade.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Most unrealistic and useless trade thread I've ever seen on HF. Nylander just signed a long-term deal in Toronto which he held out months to get. The team clearly wants him there as they've said they won't move him. Nylander also came out and said Kyle Dubas told him that he won't trade him as long as he's the GM. The Habs just traded for Domi who has emerged as a PPG centre while developing sick chemistry with Drouin. The Habs would be foolish to trade one of their best young forwards who wants to be there and is on a great contract. He's perfect for the Habs system and it would make little to no sense to move him. Some Leafs fans are going to overrate Nylander and some Habs fans are going to overrate Domi. The two are pretty similar in value and they're both important parts of each team's core. Both teams don't make this trade.

Yes I know this trade is extremely unlikely. It was an interesting thought experiment to see how people would assess the value of these players, the value of toughness/grit, and skill.

I wasnt expecting people to go overboard and take things personal anf grossly overrate or attack the players involved.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Yes I know this trade is extremely unlikely. It was an interesting thought experiment to see how people would assess the value of these players, the valie of toughness/grit, and skill.

I wasnt expecting people to go overboard and take things personal anf grossly overrate or attack the players involved.
Your original trade proposal explanation was laughable.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
My forwards are on great deals, I can afford him at 14 mil no problem, and that would crush the leafs.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would like to see Max domi in a Leafs jersey. He seems to rise to the occasion and does not shy away from physical aspect of the game.

Leafs need: more skilled toughness, cap room. Domi is the rare blend of physical and also skilled
Habs need: more skill all around, 1C. Nylander would arguably have the higher offensive ceiling and is signed for longer term.

I'm not saying remotely likey, but interesting to consider thoughts?

Google Image Result for https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MammothBlueBellfrog-size_restricted.gif
No way love Domi. Hate Nylander contract

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
This thread is so hf.Just trash. Mtl says no ,good god the agenda. Suck it HF, Matthews,Rielly,Tavares,Marner,Nylander>>>>>>>>mtl/edm._.Suck it(Does DX chop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad