Proposal: W. Nylander for Max Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
I would like to see Max domi in a Leafs jersey. He seems to rise to the occasion and does not shy away from physical aspect of the game.

Leafs need: more skilled toughness, cap room. Domi is the rare blend of physical and also skilled
Habs need: more skill all around, 1C. Nylander would arguably have the higher offensive ceiling and is signed for longer term.

I'm not saying remotely likey, but interesting to consider thoughts?

Google Image Result for https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MammothBlueBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hard decision.

On one hand, Nylander is so much softer and Montreal loses the drive Domi brings.

On the other hand Nylander is so much better than Domi.

Montreal should do that.

Reactions: haveandare

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I personnally do not want to help the leafs keep Marner and Matthews by giving them some cap relief.

Max Domi fits what Claude Julien wants in a player, and I could see him becoe our Brad Marchand... IDK if I want to throw that away in our division

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Habs need a center. Would make more sense to make his a 2 fer 2 where Leaf get a RD.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Domi would give TML short term cap space next year when they need it. Do they really need 4 top 2 C's, though?

MTL would be trading a bird in the hand for 1.25 birds in the bush.

It's an interesting proposal, but really, shouldn't TML be looking to get better on D?

Reactions: Fred Central

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Both sides rightly decline. Domi has been phenomenal for Montreal and fits them like a glove. Toronto just re-signed Nylander, who's got proven chemistry with Matthews. Toronto doesn't need a centre. Thus far, Domi has (amazingly imo) looked great at centre and should stay there. Nylander is more of a question mark at centre than Domi right now.

Neither side does it.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Funny pretty sure the 85 points pace Center is the no 1 not the 40 points pace one

Pretty sure your wrong on that one considering Denault gets more even strength time on ice and the Denault Tatar Gallagher line is the top line.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Both sides rightly decline. Domi has been phenomenal for Montreal and fits them like a glove. Toronto just re-signed Nylander, who's got proven chemistry with Matthews. Toronto doesn't need a centre. Thus far, Domi has (amazingly imo) looked great at centre and should stay there. Nylander is more of a question mark at centre than Domi right now.

Neither side does it.

Leafs need cap space and Domi doesnt always have to play centre. Plus this can allow Kadri to be shipped out for a King's ransom

phillyjabroni

Nov 24, 2018
Yet he scored again tonight
Sure. Over time, the chances of his results dipping are very good. Stupid good puck luck with the PDO compounded with poor possession and shot quality metrics as well as a very high shooting percentage aren't exactly something that can be sustained on the marco-level.

Reactions: Menzinger

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think it is presumptuous to think that Max Domi's pace is sustainable. 107.14 PDO, -8.14 rel xGF%, -6.57 rel CF%. Not exactly a recipe for sustainability.
Funny i've been hearing that for quite awhile now but we're 30 games in and he hasn't slowed down.
On the proposal we Habs have to pass. Domi is a C and we have enough wingers.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Lol someone hasn’t watched domi...

He’a the definition of skills. Only thing nylander has on domi is his shot. Wich domi has been obviously working on!

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad