W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
He looks downright scary out there.

He's sure not struggling with the tougher opposition – it actually looks like having more skill around him is only helping him shine even more. He was on fire last night and could have easily potted a couple goals. His timing was on and he's already adjusted to the pace, it seems. Man, can he ever find the open ice and rip the puck. Only two games in and the kid already looks more than legit.

He actually managed to get my lazy ass off my seat a couple times and I'm not even a Lightning fan!

All this and he actually looked okay on the defensive side of the game, which ultimately could be the deciding factor regarding whether or not he stays.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
When he takes his first massive hit, he'll do what all 5'11 Russians do. Crawl under a rock and eventually go back to the KHL.

Keep hating. Will say the same thing said when Stamkos went down, when everyone was like ohhh he is done (some people said career over, others said this year, others said no way olympics etc..) Well Stamkos was walking in 2 weeks after breaking leg.

All men are not created equal whether fair or unfair.

He will be the one probably dishing out the hit. He is skinny yes needs more muscle is working on it but not a midget by any means. He keeps head up so far so figure he will be just fine.

Everyone says barberio is not physical enough etc. go look at hit on him in philly. Yep he got up kept playing very WELL so keep hating:)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I didn´t see game number 2, but with 6 shots on net it would seem like he must have been visible!

Had a break away where lost puck as he was coming into goal unreal so that one didnt count.

Late in game like 10 mins left had a shift where he had three shots and one was another the third one a break away lol. First was a slap shot secont he went for right post needed to get puck in air probably 3-4 more inches and is a goal was off ice about a foot. Third he stole puck or got a pass and was ahead of everyone and goalie made a great stop.

He did a back check where lifted simmonds stick to stop a break away at last second so goalie easily kicks out of puck and had just had offense other end and pass was one of those out of zone to leading guy things so speed was there to catch that play.

First game he dove down to try to block a shot.

Interesting thing is he works 1 on 1 drills daily and with a private weight coach we game him. I do not know of anyone else who was getting this treatment the 1-1 extra stuff is couple guys working with a strength coach daily:) I would say is really paying off though his D game is way ahead of what I expected.

I have said can see him developing to D wise a federov when Sergei was best forward in game at it. He has the toolset is just a will and training thing. So far the will is there and training has been very good.

Big test today he meets crosby and malkin with neal back and being hot. Hope he does ok can see this might be a real test to see where he is at but who doesnt struggle with them:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I didn´t see game number 2, but with 6 shots on net it would seem like he must have been visible!

Arguably Tampa's second best player behind Victor Hedman. A couple more games like that and he'll have won himself a full time roster spot.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Interesting thing is he works 1 on 1 drills daily and with a private weight coach we game him. I do not know of anyone else who was getting this treatment the 1-1 extra stuff is couple guys working with a strength coach daily:) I would say is really paying off though his D game is way ahead of what I expected.
I don't know who told you that, but its not special treatment. Everyone gets that.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Man... I knew this kid would be scary. Glad to see he's doing well - he's one of my favourite prospects, along with Drouin and a handful of Red Wings prospects.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I have said can see him developing to D wise a federov when Sergei was best forward in game at it. He has the toolset is just a will and training thing. So far the will is there and training has been very good.

He'd become one of my favourite players (even though he's one of my favourite prospects) if he became anything like Federov. Sergei is one of my favourite players of all time.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Is Kucherov on TBay to stay? Or do you think he´ll see more AHL time?

Honestly, I don't know. He certainly has skill but the truckloads, and has played incredibly well. He could EASILY have three + more goals (couldn't capitalize on NUMEROUS breakaways) and who knows how many more assists (playing on a line with grinder-type players... not finishers), but even then his numbers are decent - I think around .5 ppg - and he's been surprisingly good defensively.

I don't know... it's a tough decision. He's clearly outperformed Panik, but I think his small size is a concern. I think SFY could go either way, and neither decision would be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down just to come back full-time next season, or if he stays up. It's a nice problem to have, I must admit. We might have another kid-line of Drouin centering Kucherov next season... that'll be nice.

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
In my opinion he deserves to stay for good. Kid is a gamer on both sides of the puck. Clearly way ahead of a lot of forwards currently on the team. Just needs to give coop more reasons to get him in to more situations(PP1!!:rant:).

As for what will actually happen, I'd lean towards him getting sent back down if the team gets healthy.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We have to send down all of the guys we have on emergency call up before we can send down Panik. Likely the only way Kucherov is not sent down, is if someone is dealt.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We have to send down all of the guys we have on emergency call up before we can send down Panik. Likely the only way Kucherov is not sent down, is if someone is dealt.

Er... we have no emergency call-ups. They're just regular AHL call-ups.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Kuch has been playing very well for Tampa and has 3 goals in his last 3 games. He looks like hes settling in to the NHL groove and showing the flair he has for putting the puck in the net. Very exciting prospect!

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Finally got to see him live over the holidays, against Vancouver. Everyone knows about his great shot, but what also impressed me was his quickness and puck distribution. His size didn't seem to be a real issue.

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
Kucherov looking like the steal of the draft to me. Has been one of the best looking forwards on TB since his call up. Could be a monster in a couple of years IMO.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
How has he been so far? Suprised he only has 1 goal in his last 10 games

From the few games ive seen his ability to generate scoring chances is amazing.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How has he been so far? Suprised he only has 1 goal in his last 10 games

From the few games ive seen his ability to generate scoring chances is amazing.

He's hitting a bit of a rookie wall. He's still creating chances and getting shots off but can't hit the net.

We just called up Namestnikov who was setting him up at the start of the year in the A so hopefully he can get him back on track. His defensive play has been a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad