W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If he has skill, take a flyer on him.

Better than taking a future fringe NHLer that will likely bust anyways.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
"Kucherov could be a classic case of a top talent getting lost in an obscure league. "

What do you think he means by that? I am not quiet sure what this statement means...?

not often do NHL teams draft a player out of the russian junior league in the first 2 rounds.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Based on his skills or his stats at the U-18? I'm probably sure that most of the posters here on this thread haven't seen this guy play(I'm including myself)...except from his highlights video.

Umm, there were actually streams available for the u-18 games were you could watch him play besides his highlight videos. He was clearly one of the more dominent players on the ice and was the best forward for alot of the games, on a team with players like Yakupov and Grigorenko that's saying something right there. 15 pts in 4 games is nothing to sneeze at either, lets see how he does in the more crucial games however before making a fair assesment.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Russian Midget who's grooming for a KHL career?

Maybe a 5th-7th rounder.

If he was Canadian he'd be a top 20 pick.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

He has some very very formidable MHL numbers... Some of the best I've seen.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

This "midget" looks better than Burmistrov :)

Midget doesn't need to be in quotes...

And alright good.

Burmistrov=OHL
Kucherov=MHL/KHL

Andrei Kuchin was considered a phenom talent back in the day. I remember seeing him at the Nike Bauer Tournament where he dominated. In 05-06 he had 87 points in 28 tournament games.

Where is he now? He's still trying to prove he wants to play in the NHL after bouncing around the USHL and finally getting picked up to the OHL.

he has an upward hill to climb coming out of Russia.

member 30781

Thanks to nhldraftvideo for this. Kucherov put up a hat trick against the Swiss in the under 18 tourney.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Does he have pro-contract with CSKA?

He was drafted by CSKA last year. Now he is playing in MHL and KHL. As I know regulations of KHL he should have 5-years contract. Am I right?

pouskin74*

Based on his skills or his stats at the U-18? I'm probably sure that most of the posters here on this thread haven't seen this guy play(I'm including myself)...except from his highlights video.

at age 17 he is one of the best players in MHL which is fully loaded by 18-20 years old players.

Fulcrum

Midget doesn't need to be in quotes...

And alright good.

Burmistrov=OHL
Kucherov=MHL/KHL

Andrei Kuchin was considered a phenom talent back in the day. I remember seeing him at the Nike Bauer Tournament where he dominated. In 05-06 he had 87 points in 28 tournament games.

Where is he now? He's still trying to prove he wants to play in the NHL after bouncing around the USHL and finally getting picked up to the OHL.

he has an upward hill to climb coming out of Russia.

Proves my point in other threads that coming to N.A. most of the time ends up as you noted above...

pouskin74*

Proves my point in other threads that coming to N.A. most of the time ends up as you noted above...

Kuchin was "out of the game" in Russia already and all he has left to do was come to NA. unforgently he ruined his career in Russia by him self obviously and please just dont blame CHL or someone else in NA if( i think he will not not make any NHL team nor KHL) there is no result in the end of the road!

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I say a team gambles on him before the middle of round 4, if not sooner. Maybe even in the 2nd or 3rd.

Florida have six picks in the first three rounds, iirc.
If I were them I would probably try and use one of them on a gamble like Kucherov. I doubt Dale Tallon thinks the same way as me though.

If he has skill, take a flyer on him.

Better than taking a future fringe NHLer that will likely bust anyways.

I tend to feel the same way.
It is different for actual NHL GM's and scouts though, since they have their jobs on the line.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
He was a bit invisible in the quarterfinal against Finland, but he scored a goal (+a emptynet assist) and showed some flashes of brilliance. Since he is russian and plays in Russia he might not be a firstronder, but he is talanted enough to be a first round pick.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Would he have a shot of going in the first round despite his 'Russian status' to a team like WSH who tend to draft euro's with their 1st round picks (including Russians)

pouskin74*

Would he have a shot of going in the first round despite his 'Russian status' to a team like WSH who tend to draft euro's with their 1st round picks (including Russians)

i think he is the real deal no matter what people think in NA about him. next Datsyuk is on the table just take him down!

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
How does Kucherov compares to Yakupov and Grigorenko?

Right now he is just as good, but for future i believe that Grigorenko is the better ''talent'' He could be the next superstar ala Malkin, Ovechkin.. I also think that Yakupov will be better, but not by so much as some people may think.

Reactions: The Macho Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad