W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
guys relax... yes, CHL and AHL are crappy leagues when you compare them to KHL. Kucherov has a great chance to play in KHL next season. Why should he go to NA? to play in juniors? to play in AHL which is not so good as KHL? That makes no sense for me
I agree, but I think the thing with russian prospects is if they stay until their 24, people would assume they could easily be making triple the amount of an entry level contract(and would less likely come), but if they come at 21/22 to the ahl, they could be making "khl" money at 24 in the nhl. If kucherov follows the way kulemin went by(dominate khl(rsl) for 2 or 3 years, then come over and slowly learn to play on NA ice, and hopefully break out after 2 seasons like kulemin) I think he is worth taking in the 1st imo.

Skylimit

Oct 5, 2009
in my opinion Kucherov will follow Tarasenko, Kuznetsov´s example.. he will stay in KHL at least when he is 24. He belongs to great organisation, to CSKA, he played KHL this season, he will play KHL next season for sure. Why should he go to NA to play in crappy leagues like CHL or AHL are (to compare to KHL)? no way

Nail Yakupov, Alexander Radulov.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
guys relax... yes, CHL and AHL are crappy leagues when you compare them to KHL. Kucherov has a great chance to play in KHL next season. Why should he go to NA? to play in juniors? to play in AHL which is not so good as KHL? That makes no sense for me

Well don't you think it would be better for him to come to N.A. and play in the CHL in order to adapt to the N.A. style and rink? It's a question of adaptation and the earlier he decides to come to North America, the earlier he will have exposure and recognition. Nail Yakupov did amazing this year in Sarnia and he's now considered, by most, the consensus #1 draft pick in 2012. Kucherov is extremely talented and if he was to come to N.A. right about next year and commit to the CHL, his draft stock will rise and he will get pick really early. IMO, I'd rather pick Kucherov in the mid 1st round than picking Mark McNeill, Mark Scheifele, and most certainly ahead of Khoklachev and Namestnikov; only if he commits to the CHL. Much like Burmistrov and Kabanov too.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well don't you think it would be better for him to come to N.A. and play in the CHL in order to adapt to the N.A. style and rink? It's a question of adaptation and the earlier he decides to come to North America, the earlier he will have exposure and recognition. Nail Yakupov did amazing this year in Sarnia and he's now considered, by most, the consensus #1 draft pick in 2012. Kucherov is extremely talented and if he was to come to N.A. right about next year and commit to the CHL, his draft stock will rise and he will get pick really early. IMO, I'd rather pick Kucherov in the mid 1st round than picking Mark McNeill, Mark Scheifele, and most certainly ahead of Khoklachev and Namestnikov; only if he commits to the CHL. Much like Burmistrov and Kabanov too.

I dont agree.. look at Paajarvi (Oilers), he did not play in CHL, stayed in Sweden and now he is in NHL with any problem. Look at Tarasenko,Kuznetsov - do you think that these guys are going wrong way? I dont think so. When player is good, great, he can adapt to NA style for months, not necessary to go to NA too early.

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
It might be better to first try to become an established player with cska and stay in russia for at least 2/3 years. Like some posters have said, it could be better to completely master one style of hockey (European style on big ice) before trying another style. For Russian hockey it would be best that at least some of the top young talent that is coming through stays in the KHL.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It might be better to first try to become an established player with cska and stay in russia for at least 2/3 years. Like some posters have said, it could be better to completely master one style of hockey (European style on big ice) before trying another style. For Russian hockey it would be best that at least some of the top young talent that is coming through stays in the KHL.

agree. I will give an example. Leo Komarov (D.Moscow) had an offer from NHL team this off-season, he refused and stay in KHL. Nikitin (D) played in Omsk in 09/10, he went to NHL in season 10/11 - no problem, no adaptation in CHL. As I wrote above, good player will adapt to NA style for months, for few games

Fulcrum

Well don't you think it would be better for him to come to N.A. and play in the CHL in order to adapt to the N.A. style and rink?

Does the world of hockey need a superstar or a player who adopted to N.A. style?? KHL developement under Fetisov and Co. is among the best developement paths in the world. Trade that for "adoptation" in some CHL/AHL club? Worked out so well for Filatov, didn't it?

Its a question of whether he wants to play in NHL, atleast in the near future (5 years) AT ALL!

In his interviews he said his goals were to make the KHL team and solidify a spot for himself. I would say that he is about a year away from that. Once he is a stable contributor in KHL he can start thinking about NHL only.

pouskin74*

I agree, but I think the thing with russian prospects is if they stay until their 24, people would assume they could easily be making triple the amount of an entry level contract(and would less likely come), but if they come at 21/22 to the ahl, they could be making "khl" money at 24 in the nhl. If kucherov follows the way kulemin went by(dominate khl(rsl) for 2 or 3 years, then come over and slowly learn to play on NA ice, and hopefully break out after 2 seasons like kulemin) I think he is worth taking in the 1st imo.

who did he dominate?:sarcasm: 85 points in 142 games! just awesome :laugh:

pouskin74*

Does the world of hockey need a superstar or a player who adopted to N.A. style?? KHL developement under Fetisov and Co. is among the best developement paths in the world. Trade that for "adoptation" in some CHL/AHL club? Worked out so well for Filatov, didn't it?

Its a question of whether he wants to play in NHL, atleast in the near future (5 years) AT ALL!

In his interviews he said his goals were to make the KHL team and solidify a spot for himself. I would say that he is about a year away from that. Once he is a stable contributor in KHL he can start thinking about NHL only.

be careful with your words! posters on HFB dosnt like this:)

pouskin74*

overreacting :sarcasm:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

agree.

It is nothing bad when young kid dreams about NHL career, but it is disaster when he goes to NA too early. I would understand this step when he is Slovak - there is horrible developing program, no program. But I dont undestand it in Sweden, Finland and Russia (WTF Yakupov? IMO he made a big mistake, the same Khokhlachev and others)

Yes, Nikita will stay in KHL for next few seasons, the same Nichushkin and the other great 95 players

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Nail Yakupov is still developing. It's a bit early to call him a CHL success story.

Radulov developed into a solid player in the NA. But since moving to KHL, he has developed into an excellent player. His play-making ability right now is 10X better now then what it was when he was in NHL.

I've stood idle on this "Russian teenagers should/shouldn't go to NA" discussions for awhile now. Reading what many posters have stated, it seems like many ignore various other variables:

1. Different Country
2. Different Culture
3. Different Language
4. Chemistry with new Teammates (often times a difficult task with lack of language)
5. Communication with Coaches (again, lack of language is a problem here)
6. New Training regime and teaching philosophy

I'm sure there are a lot of other variables that I can't think of.

Becoming a good hockey player is hard enough as it is. The last thing a young player needs is more obstacles in his way.

Don't get me wrong, often times players face difficult situations in Russia also. Top teams stuff their rosters full of veteran players, making it difficult for youngsters to get playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad