AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Literally can't. AHL contract only as of now. Are they at max?

well there’s been some dispute but JR seems to think they’re at 49 contracts and he doesn’t want to be at 50...some media speculation that if they can trade someone, they’ll sign him to a NHL contract...

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Aggozino. Cramarrosa, and Noesen with the 3 goals

3-1 in first still.

No Bjorkvist or Almeida tho in lineup and I dont like it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Are they healthy scratched?

Idk. I know Alemeida started the year with an injury. But i wouldnt doubt if Bjorkvist was. They have been losing and the big club does have 3 of their top players. Can understand why they brought in a few more experienced players for tonight.

But Miletic still on line 1 with Aggozino and Noesen. Palve centering Luchinni and Angello.. Bellerive centering line 3...two vets in Cramarrosa and Haggerty.

Added a vet dman for tonight...has 2 assists. Almari on 2nd pairing .

Want to see them win of course but with it coming from the main prospects. Tho its early in season for handful of these rookies

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
It's crazy how Miletic, Bellerive, Angello and Bjorkqvist have all sucked. Lucchini is the only one deserving of a call-up if it came down to it (and Noesen of course, but he's on an AHL only deal).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
WBS now down 4-3

Damn... what's going on down there? Still early on and I know there are callups but it really looked like a strong group to start the year.

Like you said it seems like the youngsters have mostly badly underperformed. Discouraging but still plenty of time on the clock, I suppose.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lafferty, Blandisi, AJ would be down there. Laff and AJ in their 2nd season's and making an impact with Angello.

But "neeexxt" year is the year. Bellerive, Almeida, and Bjorkvist in their 2nd season. Almari and POJ on D. And Poulin , Legare , and Hallander in their first season with Addison on D.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin & Legare can only join them after the Q season is over next year.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Were up 3-1 but had a terrible 2nd. Larmi was pulled for the start of the 3rd. 4-3 now and yea Kostin scored. Heh.

ETA: 5-3 final.

Last edited:

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Damn... what's going on down there? Still early on and I know there are callups but it really looked like a strong group to start the year.

Like you said it seems like the youngsters have mostly badly underperformed. Discouraging but still plenty of time on the clock, I suppose.
I thought the Mike Vellucci hiring would help too. I guess not...

Lafferty, Blandisi, AJ would be down there. Laff and AJ in their 2nd season's and making an impact with Angello.

I don't think Lafferty and AJ are going back. And honestly I would keep Blandisi too.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Was wondering why he wasn't dressed tonight.
See DiPauli is out again.../sighhhh

Always thought it was hilarious when some were clamouring for him to get a call up as a 4th line spark plug kind of guy, poor guy is constantly injured.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Are we certain that the young guy struggles aren’t related to a poor coach?

From what i've seen they've had guys in and out and injured so a constant start over of the roster.
CDS has also sorta let them down but i dunno if thats entirely his fault or the poor play in front of him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think a lot more patience is warranted.

As far as CDS goes... and I'm not making excuses... but dude has to be at least a little demoralized and probably even a little angry, ATM.

Reactions: Peat

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
From what i've seen they've had guys in and out and injured so a constant start over of the roster.
CDS has also sorta let them down but i dunno if thats entirely his fault or the poor play in front of him.
are the young guys playing well, and just aren't scoring? getting frustrated?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
are the young guys playing well, and just aren't scoring? getting frustrated?

Dunno really. I don't watch the games like i used to be able to so most info i get will come from here from eye witnesses or the people that do watch/cover them on twitter.

Last i heard Bjorkqvist had a really good game before he went out with an injury(?)...

See Drozg is doing his thing in Wheeling 2g1a 1st star in a win last night.

Also Larmi may have gotten injured per Haase for the reason he was pulled last night.

Jason Iacona always has good run downs as well. You can find him on first post twitter links.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad