AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I assume this was discussed in other threads but it belongs here too.

Velluci traded vet Haggerty to Springfield for Kevin Roy on Tuesday.
Forget the numbers for Wilkes(down to maybe 5 or 4 now?) but thats one less vet in play for Velluci since Roy doesn't fit the criteria.

See if he plays tonight. I'll post lines and such later.

CDS in goal.
Roy is playing.
Lines later.

ETA: AJ is back as well.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
EMG57RiXUAA8AEX

I don't see a way to watch this one unless i pay for AHLLive so radio it is tonight.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I assume this was discussed in other threads but it belongs here too.

Velluci traded vet Haggerty to Springfield for Kevin Roy on Tuesday.
Forget the numbers for Wilkes(down to maybe 5 or 4 now?) but thats one less vet in play for Velluci since Roy doesn't fit the criteria.

See if he plays tonight. I'll post lines and such later.

CDS in goal.
Roy is playing.
Lines later.

ETA: AJ is back as well.
Man remember when we thought Haggerty might be a kid that could possibly have a bottom 6 future? Lol. Dude took a dump this season statistically.

Edit: I remember being excited about Vellucci being the coach and was expecting some really offensive team this year, but woof...this WBS squad, hopefully they turn it around in a huge way in the 2nd half.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
1-0 Providence.
They aren't playing too poorly.
The Roy-Bellerive-DiPauli line sounds fun tho.

2-0 now.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They got lit up 6-0.
CDS got pulled.
I listened for the first 2 periods and Legace had to make some stops for sure.
Basically CDS wasn't on tonight and Legace was.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I remember being excited about Vellucci being the coach and was expecting some really offensive team this year, but woof...this WBS squad, hopefully they turn it around in a huge way in the 2nd half.
I mean it's a very weak lineup. It's highly unlikely they turn it around, even if Noesen gets sent back down. Look at that centre depth... just awful.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
One or two of the injured players must be a chance to come back before the end of the roster freeze

My guess is Bjug is ready by then since he was the first to be skating and they'll be cautious with Sid....the good news given Bjug's season is that after a few ineffectual games he'll be right back on IR and Noesen will get another opportunity shortly...

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My guess is Bjug is ready by then since he was the first to be skating and they'll be cautious with Sid....the good news given Bjug's season is that after a few ineffectual games he'll be right back on IR and Noesen will get another opportunity shortly...

Idk. The roster freeze is December 20th-27th. They only have games on the 20th, 21st and 27th.

Bjugstad has a “roughly” 8 week timeframe from November 21st. January 16th.
Crosby was at least 6 weeks from on November 14th. December 26th.
Hornqvist was a month from December 3rd. January 3rd.
Dumoulin was at least 8 weeks on December 1st. February 1st.

Hornqvist and Crosby would be the closest but LTIR means the earliest Hornqvist can come back is the 28th after missing 10 games and 24 days. Crosby’s earliest expected date would only get him in to one game at the end of the freeze. If I had to guess, it’s because of Schultz either being an unknown or day to day and Noesen not doing much. Get a D or two up, or a D and a different F.

I’m also not desperate for Noesen to get another opportunity and if people want Bjugstad traded he needs to be healthy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Angello did it to himself with a terrible start. He’s gotten going/gotten to play with a better C lately but he did **** all for awhile.

I know..

Would have been up by now. But that's ok, it allowed the Pens to give others a shot first. I dont think he gives the spot up once he gets it.

And if ZAR - McCann - Kahun is gonna stick together and become our 3rd line when fully healthy(an article about it today of Sully talking about liking them 3 together). Then that makes things more difficult in figuring out whos gonna play with Sid.

The obvious is Simon and Hornqvist ...I don't mind the latter. We better trade for that LW tho. Unless it forces Sid to shoot more(he has missed alot of time, maybe this will be one of his seasons he will decide hes gonna get close to 50 goals in 55 games or so ) then it will workout in our favor. We talk about surrounding Sid with great wingers but it makes him defer too much.

Imagine having our stacked 2-4 lines and then Sid with Simon/Horny decides hes going to take 6-9 shots a game like OV does. Forget adding at the deadline, our biggest acquisition would be Crosby shooting at a high volume consistently.

Then have a 4th line of Tanev - Blueger - Angello eventually. That bottom 6 would be filled with skill, speed, grit.

One way to look at the top line, I just don't know how realistic it is for Crosby to shoot more than 5 times a game. Its hard enough to get him to avg 2 a game. Maybe with this injury he knows he will have to change his game a bit(not being able to speed up and stop so quick..turn to oass...etc..) And he does decide to play more North/South. Like that year he went on a tear , taking the puck to the net himself. Surprising defenders by not pulling up but going thru all 3 of them lol

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I know..

Would have been up by now. But that's ok, it allowed the Pens to give others a shot first. I dont think he gives the spot up once he gets it.

And if ZAR - McCann - Kahun is gonna stick together and become our 3rd line when fully healthy(an article about it today of Sully talking about liking them 3 together). Then that makes things more difficult in figuring out whos gonna play with Sid.

The obvious is Simon and Hornqvist ...I don't mind the latter. We better trade for that LW tho. Unless it forces Sid to shoot more(he has missed alot of time, maybe this will be one of his seasons he will decide hes gonna get close to 50 goals in 55 games or so ) then it will workout in our favor. We talk about surrounding Sid with great wingers but it makes him defer too much.

Imagine having our stacked 2-4 lines and then Sid with Simon/Horny decides hes going to take 6-9 shots a game like OV does. Forget adding at the deadline, our biggest acquisition would be Crosby shooting at a high volume consistently.

Then have a 4th line of Tanev - Blueger - Angello eventually. That bottom 6 would be filled with skill, speed, grit.

One way to look at the top line, I just don't know how realistic it is for Crosby to shoot more than 5 times a game. Its hard enough to get him to avg 2 a game. Maybe with this injury he knows he will have to change his game a bit(not being able to speed up and stop so quick..turn to oass...etc..) And he does decide to play more North/South. Like that year he went on a tear , taking the puck to the net himself. Surprising defenders by not pulling up but going thru all 3 of them lol

I expect once he’s called up, he’ll go back down again regardless if they have any health. It’s a question of how long he’d stay down.

I don’t see that L3 sticking together, and you prioritize the top 6 over L3 anyway. ZAR isn’t a 3rd line player and Sullivan will eventually accept it for awhile.

Crosby won’t do that. Odds are, if he comes back and isn’t right, he’ll force passes and be sluggish. I also can’t handle Simon in the top 6 even if Crosby were to shoot more. If he can’t play the way he normally does, he’s not going to take anything to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad