AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They had Kessel, Crosby, Malkin, and Hornqvist on that roster. They fell in love with his shot and then when he was struggling, completely forgot that after that 9 game mark, they are burning his elc. Because Sprong that year even at the 9 game mark did not look like a guy that should be in the NHL for as many games as he did stick.

The coach got fired during his time up, so yeah...not sure what JR was doing allowing that to happen and I get the sense it was JR that forced that. Good pre-season or not, the regular season started and the kid was up and down.

Yeah, but what did they have after those 4 and behind H&K on the wing? Perron was the best winger after them and he didn’t fit seamlessly. Then Dupuis returning again, an ancient Kunitz, Fehr coming off surgery and missing the start of the season, Bennett who couldn’t stay healthy and whatever else. Scuderi was still being an anchor on the D as well. They were desperate for a fast, skilled offensive threat. He just shouldn’t have stayed up past those 9 games because he wasn’t forcing it, the team was a mess, he was stuck on L4 and the coach was a mess. Cooler heads should have prevailed.

JR probably did force the issue and it was a mistake, but I think the mistake stemmed from having limited depth on the wings to start the season. They were also coming off a year where they barely made the playoffs and had no depth.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
4-2 loss today. Burton had the other goal. Noticed Angello was in the paint being an annoyance on both goals.
Can't find how they lined up today on the twitters.

Di Pauli - Blueger - Hayes
Miletic - Lafferty - Angello
Johnson - Olund - Haggerty
Cramarossa - Burton - McGrath

Czuczman - Prow
O'Neill - Elliott
Taylor - Erixon

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
DiPauli's heatin' up...

How they lined up:

DtIJJrgWkAEcoYz.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know if he is ready but if he is what we would want him to be he would fall on that third line with Brass and kessel ooh perfect

“ZAR is doing a great job. He plays the game the right way. He’s hard to play against. He’s earned the right to play on the third line”— Mike Sullivan

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I don't know if he is ready but if he is what we would want him to be he would fall on that third line with Brass and kessel ooh perfect
That sure would be nice. Especially with Hags gone.

As much as I want to see him called up I'm not mad about it. It makes sense to me to keep him in the situation he's in. I figure if he's just starting to find his offensive game then it might be better to not disrupt him and let him play things out for a while.

Reactions: StaalForOne

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Josephs got into the lineup last night and assisted on Angello's breakaway goal above. Dea picked up 2 assists.

Angello leads in goals 8 with a couple games played less than the others and is 3rd on the team with a +7.

Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad